doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
At centre he will strengthen us so much

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hes a vgood centre but the fact still stands that this signing almost more damage to us than good. U dont pay rockstar money for a fucken centre under any circumstance, and certainly not when we dont yet have a decent halfback, fullback or forward pack. Its so detremental and just proves weve learnt nothing

Look forward to all the apologys from everyone next yr while u all keep scratching ur heads as to why we are still challenging for the spoon
You pay rockstar money for rockstar players.
You sign up what's available to the market.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of course Critta signed for the dollars but Panthers didn't offer him enough commensurate with his value to either Penrith or another club...like us.

He seems like a loyal kinda guy and probably was swayed by Ciraldo as well having an influence over his footy career coming thru the grades as well.

He will greatly help the Bulldogs (all being equal) ... and the coach getting our roster up to speed and competing to the necessary standards.

It's very impressive by Penrith fans that they still hold him in such high regard regardless that he is leaving to play for us. A testament to him and your supporters.
It's no secret, Critta signed for more than what Penrith did offer considering the salary cap, according to early whispers it wasn't much more but the chance to play fullback and improve was a major factor, now have things changed since ???

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hes a vgood centre but the fact still stands that this signing almost more damage to us than good. U dont pay rockstar money for a fucken centre under any circumstance, and certainly not when we dont yet have a decent halfback, fullback or forward pack. Its so detremental and just proves weve learnt nothing

Look forward to all the apologys from everyone next yr while u all keep scratching ur heads as to why we are still challenging for the spoon
You have to be taking the piss surely?

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Retrospectively?
I would be careful about what you wish for 04!
Yeah sure why not. Maybe compounding punishments 1 week per personal insult. Ill happily sit on the sidelines for 2-3 weeks while certain members sit out for 2-3 yrs

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No? Tell me how good weve gone the past 5 yrs or so investing big on back rowers and outside backs while failing to address our halfback, fullback and prop issues?
You’re forgetting to sign off on all your posts with lafam

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Showing your low IQ and lack of comprehension skills here champ. When we signed jmoz we had guys in the squad like Barba, kimmorley, ennis, Hannant, patten, bobcat etc. I have no issues with adding a quality centre to the team when youve already got quality in key positions like we had then

So yeah, really terrible comparison youve put forward there. Do better
Actually, before you lecture other posters on their ‘IQ and Comprehension’ - J-Moz joined the same year as Kimmorley, Hannant, Ennis, Stagg etc (2009), so it is not at all an example of ‘adding a quality centre when you already have a quality spine’. That’s just wrong.

And in addressing your second ‘point’ - despite your ‘recruitment list’ - if you want to name quality spine players that were available for 2024 that were realistic targets be my guest. Instead what you’ll do is name players that were never coming and blame Gould as having ‘missed’ them. You don’t turn down quality when available - you’d seriously have kept Jack Hetherington over Bill Kikau or Paul Alamoti over Critta? Please. They are building the team piece by piece - a mix of recruitment and blooding juniors.

But yeah. You know better and stuff…

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you think paying $650k for a top 2 centre and potentially a great fullback is rockstar money, then you’re clueless.

He walks into any other top 13 in the NRL yet you don’t think he’s good enough to be in a bottom 4 side?

Wake up to yourself brother.
Again, ur missing the point. Not doubting hes a top centre but the fact is a top centre does nothing for our team and is a total waste of 900k+

Btw 650k youve quoted there is his current wage at the panthers. Did u type wrong or do u trruly beleive that hes coming here to get paid the same as what he gets there?

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No? Tell me how good weve gone the past 5 yrs or so investing big on back rowers and outside backs while failing to address our halfback, fullback and prop issues?
Oh yeh I guess we just shouldn't look to strengthen other areas of our squad when there's players available there. Just have tunnel vision even if there is nothing else available. When you have the chance to sign the games best outside back, who will potentially be a player in our spine, you fucking take it. But I guess we should all just sit back in our armchairs twiddling our thumbs like you hoping a world class halfback or prop falls into our lap.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again, ur missing the point. Not doubting hes a top centre but the fact is a top centre does nothing for our team and is a total waste of 900k+

Btw 650k youve quoted there is his current wage at the panthers. Did u type wrong or do u trruly beleive that hes coming here to get paid the same as what he gets there?
$825k

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If you think paying $650k for a top 2 centre and potentially a great fullback is rockstar money, then you’re clueless.

He walks into any other top 13 in the NRL yet you don’t think he’s good enough to be in a bottom 4 side?

Wake up to yourself brother.
825k is the reported amount. On that money he has to be the best centre in the game which if we're being really honest with ourselves it's very unlikely he'll be able to do it here. 650k was his contract this year reported by The DT on their top 100 rich list. Even on 825k I'm happy we signed him, I just think he needs to play fullback here to be value.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
825k is the reported amount. On that money he has to be the best centre in the game which if we're being really honest with ourselves it's very unlikely he'll be able to do it here.
Staggs extended on more and he wasn’t even the best centre at Brisbane.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’ve never once thought I was smarter than anyone on TK, I really don’t give a thought to that chit, obviously it’s important to you though, so if you think you’re so intelligent congratulations, but also know that self praise is really no praise at all.

Moving away from the topic of your huge ego & back to footy, everyone wants a competitive 1st grade team as well as a successful pathways system … but there’s no magic wand …. CC & Gould aren’t stupid, they know we need a better spine & better forwards and that 1st grade needs to be a lot better.

Maybe you could use all that intelligence of yours and explain to everyone on TK here where we can pull an elite 7, elite 6 .. and 2 or 3 elite forwards from …. and don’t pull your old you’re not in recruitment BS excuse … if you’re going to keep bagging Gould & CC out whinging that they should be going after better forwards & a better spine instead of an elite centre …. put forward some suggestions on who they should be going after, because most of us on TK, plus those in charge at the club aren’t seeing any available ?

So what does someone as intelligent as yourself suggest ?

Everyone on TK here awaits this elite list that you think Gould & CC should be buying !
You are the one who keeps calling me out and implying I don’t understand things… on this particular occasion you called me a **** …. But sure, I’m the one with the ego. It’s obvious you think you are smarter than and superior to me, so don’t go around instigating shit and belittling other people, then put your hands up and act indignant when you get insulted. If you weren’t constantly a dick to people, you wouldn’t get insulted.

Warriors went from cellar dwellers to top tour in the space of one season, so it is clearly possible to get better pretty quickly with good coaching.

We have shown we can play a lot better than we have this year… if we have Burton, and even the overrated Mahoney playing at their best (or even better, still had JMK), along with a few good forwards, that would be enough to have us in the mix for the 8.

Burton IS potentially elite….he doesn’t necessarily look it here, but no one does, because the club is a shambles.

As for forwards, we let Vaughan walk away in the off season. Was that not our decision? We did have a real crack at signing Leniu, and could have also missed out on Flagler, but once again, Gus missed his assignment and failed to sign two guys who could have really boosted our go forward. Even if he couldn’t get a star, all we need are big bodies who can bend the line and are fit. There are no doubt guys who fill those boxes running around in Queensland Cup.

Other teams unearth good props all the time without going and signing them from other clubs…. So why aren’t we finding them?

You can act like the options aren’t there all you like. The reality is, we just aren’t finding them. And when when we do find a good one, they tend to go backwards on our watch.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Staggs extended on more and he wasn’t even the best centre at Brisbane.
and Brisbane made a mistake prioritising Staggs (also nowhere near his form pre extension) over Farnworth. You can't get everything right.