Official Stephen Crichton signs with the Bulldogs 2024

Do you think Crighton will make a good fullback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There is no doubt that more Great Britain forwards have had success in the NRL but there are plenty of backs that have succeeded for example Jonathan Davies, Ellery Hanley, Tommy Bishop, George Williams etc.

Always a Bulldog
Gary Connolly

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
one poor game and all of a sudden Crichton ain't a fullback. Ladies & Gentleman, I give you TK
UMMMM yeah ok, several games later at FB and your boy is still shit. It wasn't one game. Ladies an gentleman I give you the clueless.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even if last night's performance from Crichton did reflect his FB ability, Bulldogs will have so much depth in outside backs (inc FB) in 2024 it won't matter.

Bulldogs have moved on from a squad with zero top-shelf outside backs to one with stacks of options, depth and lower grade talent. The back line will be picked on form this year and especially next.

A couple of years ago we were relying on Will Hopoate to stop the backline from imploding. Did someone say Corey Allen?

He'll be good in whatever position he plays.

Agree with other comments Panthers are going to miss Ciraldo, Kikau and Koroisau.
$850k a season though bro ... IF he ain't a top tier fb then we jujst paid $850k for a an outside back to cover wing / centre ? WTF

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
UMMMM yeah ok, several games later at FB and your boy is still shit. It wasn't one game. Ladies an gentleman I give you the clueless.
Mate it's a preseason game and the whole team were pretty poor. They lost to a Super League team with the likes of Cleary and Yeo in the lineup.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
While I tend to agree with your last line, the unusual below par games from Cleary and Luai is what cost them. In the wet and playing at home with home crowd advantage, the Penrith halves should have easily steered their team to victory in the second half. But they didn't.

There was no API to try his luck and take control either, but the root of problem was the halves.
I agree but don’t dismiss how much that comes back to the 9. He created so much and even just quality service to forwards and halves to help.

We have seen since ennis left how much that hurts. I think the 9 is as vital as any position and thank fuck we just fixed ours.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate it's a preseason game and the whole team were pretty poor. They lost to a Super League team with the likes of Cleary and Yeo in the lineup.
I get that my friend, but he has had numoerous games at the back and he has looked out of his depth. That's why most people are worried considering we paid $850k for this guy.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I get that my friend, but he has had numoerous games at the back and he has looked out of his depth. That's why most people are worried considering we paid $850k for this guy.
a handful of games in a key position doesn't count for much, once he has a good amount of consistent games at the back, at our club then we can judge him.. either way it wasn't long ago where we couldn't even get decent players to the club, and now we are attracting premiership winning players.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What an inept performance by Chricton on many levels..... will end up being a very expensive centre for us..

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What an inept performance by Chricton on many levels..... will end up being a very expensive centre for us..
Nah bro, apparently we don’t know any better and he is worth the $850k

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We never paid anything the club did....The club finally has astute people working for it. The right people in the right positions. People that have forgotten more about rugby league than any one person here on the Kennel ever knew or will ever know. If Gus , Ciro, the board all the way to the lonely janitor that scrubs the toilets at Bulldogs HQ believe that Crichton is worth the money quoted and is the right man to play fullback for the Dogs, who is anyone on the Kennel to say otherwise? You didn't pay anything niether did I...trust the process, trust Gus, have faith in Ciraldo and enjoy the ride.

Last edited:

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
things happen around Crichton. Once or twice is a fluke yeah, but he has been consistent in making things happen when the Panthers or Samoa need it.. one crap game does not define a player, particularly when the entire team was poor. You lot need to get over yourselves and wait till he's in the blue & white.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Panthers fans calling it a Paul Carriage game from Crichton.. Bulldogs fans saying he’s been good but also making excuses lol