Official Stephen Crichton signs with the Bulldogs 2024

Do you think Crighton will make a good fullback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Averillo has the best conversion rate out of Burton, Crichton and Moses. I rest my case.
Bit hard to kick goals from the pine my brother.
Averillo kicking to avoid the wooden spoon hardly ranks against the pressure and expectation of Moses chasing the top teams year after year

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bit hard to kick goals from the pine my brother.
Averillo kicking to avoid the wooden spoon hardly ranks against the pressure and expectation of Moses chasing the top teams year after year
You're right, there's definitely more pressure on you when you're trying to avoid the wooden spoon.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Xerri isn't a lock for anything yet, been years out of the game so there's no guarantee he walks back in immediately. I still think Alamoti will shift back to the right at some point anyway, he just has far more to his game when he plays out on the right. Xerri from memory also prefers the left edge, pretty sure he has a left arm carry too and only played on the right because the Sharks had I think Morris at the time.
Agree re Alamoti ... the best footy i have seen him play was on the right featuring a great flick pass ala Gidley.

Have seen Xerri play both sides, didn't seem to faze him either way.

Regardless of what side they play, i think they would be the centers in Gus's rough draft sitting on his desk for 2024.

In fact the backline might look something like this.

Chricton
Fox
Xerri
Alamonti
Kiraz
Burton
Moses

Nothing to sneeze at !

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Agree re Alamoti ... the best footy i have seen him play was on the right featuring a great flick pass ala Gidley.

Regardless of what side they play, i think they would be the centers in Gus's rough draft sitting on his desk for 2024.

Chricton
Fox
Xerri
Alamonti
Kiraz
Burton
Moses

Nothing to sneeze at !
Beautiful. Just need to land moses and then we can go through to 13 almost with leinu maybe forcing the 10? Though agree moses is a Fucking must for the 7. Spine set with critta, burto, Moses, Mahoney.

8. King
9. Mahoney
11. Kikau
12. Rfm
13. Tpj

Dingobat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Michael Chammas will be reporting a breaking news of Stephen Crichton side of the story. A poster was saying this on another forum.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate I agree with you 100%, that one’s a completely different topic altogether, that last Crichton comment was not only out of line but as someone else mentioned it was just gibberish racist nonsense … might be best if we all put that one on ignore and hope the problem fixes itself ..

My early comment was mainly talking about Joel, I don’t think he’s a troll, I think he’s just a young over zealous kid that’s a keen fan, he tends to take rumours on socials as truth and gets a bit caught up, I’d like to see other more informed fans lift him up a bit ..
He’s a middle aged man. The Kennel is just far less forgiving than Facebook groups where they are all like him. You are right but, he’s not trying to be a dick. Super fan that may not be as switched on as some people on here but heart definitely in the right spot.

Still annoying as shit when people say they know something but don’t share. Lol. Don’t tell us if you can’t share….

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s a middle aged man. The Kennel is just far less forgiving than Facebook groups where they are all like him. You are right but, he’s not trying to be a dick. Super fan that may not be as switched on as some people on here but heart definitely in the right spot.

Still annoying as shit when people say they know something but don’t share. Lol. Don’t tell us if you can’t share….
It is fucking annoying … if you know something but can’t say anything then how hard is it to just stfu and don’t say anything ..

Reading some of those comments a middle aged man doesn’t come to mind .. comes across more like a 14/15 year old kid ..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Chricton
Fox
Xerri
Alamonti
Kiraz
Burton
Moses

Nothing to sneeze at !
If everything goes to plan then that's probably the ideal side.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah bro Stephen is obviously a way better kicker at a 76.8% (53/69) than Burton at 73.68% (56/76). There’s such a massive difference there and yeah we have a massive pool of data to pick from as well. Around 70 attempts each, that’s soooo many kicks man. Soooo many. And the difference in accuracy is sooooooo much. More than 3%. You’re right bro, that 3% is waaaay better and justifies his price tag. Good job with the numbers man, so inspiring for someone like you (an obvious dumb ****)
You’re a grade a fcuk wit
Go get fcuked
Chriton kicked at 82.5% in 2022
go get your facts right or just F off u sad kent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs tipped to win premiership in next five years as Phil Gould rebuild continues

By NewsCorp Australia Sports Newsroom
22 January 2023

Phil Gould has been forced to defend Canterbury’s signing of yet another Penrith star in Stephen Crichton, denying the Bulldogs are simply Panther poaching.

Canterbury’s poaching of representative centre Stephen Crichton “will bring the Bulldogs a premiership in the next five years” as Phil Gould continues “doing the rest of the NRL a favour by dismantling his former club, Penrith”.
The Bulldogs on Saturday confirmed Crichton had agreed to join the club on a four-year deal from 2024, joining a host of former Panthers at Belmore.

The signing has caused anger among Penrith fans, who have already lost premiership winners Matt Burton and Viliame Kikau to Canterbury, while former Panthers assistant Cameron Ciraldo took over the reins as Bulldogs head coach in November.

Rugby league stalwart Peter ‘Zorba’ Peters said the signing of Crichton can’t be underplayed.

“What a buy he is for the Bulldogs,” Peters said on the Big Sports Breakfast Weekend on Sunday.

“You get a fullback, winger or centre and a goalkicker — just priceless. I just think he is a marvellous buy for the Bulldogs on their charge back to somewhere near top of the table in the years to come.”

As big a coup as Crichton is, Peters said general manager of football Gould’s recruitment of Ciraldo will be the key piece in delivering the Bulldogs their first title since 2004.

“The biggest loss for (Penrith) is Ciraldo. I know Cameron well. I admire his apprenticeship that he’s done in rugby league. He’s ready for the opportunity, and I think with Gould behind him, they are going to be a juggernaut,” he said.

“Gus will do all the dirty work and leave the coaching to Cameron. He will be there for advice if Cameron needs it. But I think it’s the perfect set-up.

“It will bring the Bulldogs a premiership in the next five years, without a doubt.”

Canterbury haven’t played finals football since 2016 under Des Hasler, as political infighting brought the club to its knees.

Canterbury Football Club Chairman John Khoury has been credited for bringing stability at the Club and has also enticed some key boardroom appointments in Businessmen Adam Driussi and Paul Polly to the Football Club Board .

The Leagues Club board also includes Gary McIntyre, George Coorey, Jim Koutsouklakis and Peter Winchester.

Since then they’ve had four coaches — Dean Pay, Trent Barrett, Mick Potter (interim) and now Ciraldo — and a wooden spoon, but are undergoing a Gould-led revival.

“Show him the money, and he will deliver. Love him or loathe him, he can deliver a premiership in rugby league,” Peters said.

“All he needs is plenty of moolah and a board that gives him total control. He’s got that at Belmore.

“Gould is doing the rest of the NRL a favour by dismantling the back to back champions, his former club, Penrith.”

Gould hit out at criticism the Bulldogs were simply targeting Panthers players to achieve success.

“Reed Mahoney Eel, Ryan Sutton Raider, Max King Storm, Jacob Kiraz Knight, Andrew Davey Manly, Franklin Pele Shark, Jacob Preston Rooster, Braidon Burns Rabbit, Jeral Skelton Rugby, Bronson Xerri Shark, Brandon Clarke QCup, shall I continue?” he posted on social media.

He was also forced to defend using a free agency splurge to rebuild the Bulldogs’ squad, saying Penrith’s 2014 finals team included 14 players who were “imports”.

“Takes time to develop kids,” he said.

Despite having a feeder club in Mounties, the Bulldogs reinstated their own NSW Cup team last year and made the grand final in their first season under coach David Tangata-Toa.

This year, Canterbury will be the only NRL club to have its own Ron Massey Cup team as they continue to reinvigorate their pathways system in a bid to develop junior talent.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael Chammas will be reporting a breaking news of Stephen Crichton side of the story. A poster was saying this on another forum.
How’s this breaking news? I literally broke the news back on Thursday

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You’re a grade a fcuk wit
Go get fcuked
Chriton kicked at 82.5% in 2022
go get your facts right or just F off u sad kent
Do my accurate numbers make your head hurt? Bahaha
Also it’s 82.05% for the year 2022. Not sure if you know the difference.