Official Stephen Crichton signs with the Bulldogs 2024

Do you think Crighton will make a good fullback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The rortsters also have a wealthy benefactor and supporter who is expert at circumventing tax laws and salary caps
don’t you worry about us dogs fans, we are catching on and strive to be able to afford to live in the eastern suburbs.. hard working mob we are

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still don't think we need Crichton! I think I saw enough from Kiraz in the WC to say that he will do well at FB. I am also keen to see Ava there after a full preseason. I rate Ava. I think he has some X factor. I would back Rajab at HB and Skelton plus Alamoti in the centres. I think Crichton is money wasted to be honest.
He is signed to play for the bulldogs, so who cares now?! One thing chrichton has over the others you mentioned is experience. He has done it all at the age off 22. Cant manufacture that kind of experience over night, you sometimes have to just buy it.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Entitled to your opinion and I hear you but the Crichton signing at the age of 22, a two time winning Premiership player, State Of Origin and International representative is what we need after 6+ years of a losing culture. Having players like Crichton and even Kikau around players that have endured really tough years, these are the type of players that will bring back a winning culture.

It's not just what we see on the field which is what they are signed for, it's the stuff they do off it that can change the culture and nurture our inexperienced players into knowing what it takes to win a premiership.
100%

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okay the thing I want to ask, just say we win the comp this year. As dogs supporters how would it feel knowing we have limited junior representation in this team? Compared to 2004, for me, much lower! We had 75% of our side either junior based or developed in that 2004 side.
You seem to be the only one who cares. If we win the comp, i could not care less who is playing for us!!! Are you serious?

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Apparently Gus has just come out and said we offered Crichton a contract on Wednesday and they haven’t heard back from his management yet..
Is Gus telling porkies??
If Gus has commented then I'd expect it to be closer to the truth.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't think we are working to a plan in signing the RIGHT players when they become available?

A quality half and prop WILL be signed for 2024.

2024 was always the year marked for our return as a heavyweight on the field.
I really hope it plays out like that. Without being a hot shot I know someone with very close ties to that side of things and I know also that half and prop are (and have been) THE 2 main positions they are chasing. I guess though you can’t put all your eggs in the Moses basket and just wait for only him and chance missing other quality. Just hope there is still $$ aside after this.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hope it plays out like that. Without being a hot shot I know someone with very close ties to that side of things and I know also that half and prop are (and have been) THE 2 main positions they are chasing. I guess though you can’t put all your eggs in the Moses basket and just wait for only him and chance missing other quality. Just hope there is still $$ aside after this.
Mate I'm sure we land a quality prop/ half .... the whole rebuild falls short without.

Gus knows what players the team needs .... no doubt whatsoever we have money set aside or coming off the books.

We are picking off our targets as they become available ... working to a plan, not panic buying.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You seem to be the only one who cares. If we win the comp, i could not care less who is playing for us!!! Are you serious?
I wouldn't give a fuck if we had Moses and Walker in our team if we won a GF. Can't stand the ***** but doesn't matter, just won't cheer for them like I never cheered for Ennis the Coward cuck.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't reckon Gus is after Moses. It's either all paper talk or Gus playing games behind the scenes while lining up his true target. It's just my opinion but he doesn't seem like the sort of half Gus would sign. Can be brilliant with all the skills, but often doesn't turn up and is always more of an individual than team player. I hope I'm right and Gus waits for someone better, but we'll see.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
if thompson plays well this season than im sure we'll keep him considering there isn't many quality props around atm
If he plays well it will come down to whether or not he and the club can agree a contract that both parties are happy with.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Okay the thing I want to ask, just say we win the comp this year. As dogs supporters how would it feel knowing we have limited junior representation in this team? Compared to 2004, for me, much lower! We had 75% of our side either junior based or developed in that 2004 side.
So you'd rather we keep coming bottom 4 over the next 4-5 seasons? Hasler and co gutted our juniors, it takes time to rebuild, in the meantime getting first grade back into finals contention is going to help the development process.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Yeah that shit **** lol

Man everyone deepthroated him hard lol

**** doesn't know shit. Nasheed had better info.
He put out a statement saying “I was wrong but I was right, here, read this story from Michael Carayannis and it proves it” lol

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
that's why I said let's see what he is capable of doing this season without being injured/suspended before giving him a new contract.
He has a good engine, gets a lot of defensive work done, is frequently putting his hand up to do hard carries. He has the bases covered for a starting middle forward, but has missed too many games and is on too much. He has speed and evasion that we have seen way too little of. If he plays 22+ games this season, keeps racking up the tackles, hitups, and the off the ball stuff, plus starts getting used more to give his speed a chance, I'd be keen to see him re-signed at the average amount for an NRL starting middle forward.