Official Stephen Crichton signs with the Bulldogs 2024

Do you think Crighton will make a good fullback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still don't think we need Crichton! I think I saw enough from Kiraz in the WC to say that he will do well at FB. I am also keen to see Ava there after a full preseason. I rate Ava. I think he has some X factor. I would back Rajab at HB and Skelton plus Alamoti in the centres. I think Crichton is money wasted to be honest.
Entitled to your opinion and I hear you but the Crichton signing at the age of 22, a two time winning Premiership player, State Of Origin and International representative is what we need after 6+ years of a losing culture. Having players like Crichton and even Kikau around players that have endured really tough years, these are the type of players that will bring back a winning culture.

It's not just what we see on the field which is what they are signed for, it's the stuff they do off it that can change the culture and nurture our inexperienced players into knowing what it takes to win a premiership.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
xerri will start ahead of skelton with kiraz on the wing
I’d like to also think Preston makes the 17 by 2024. He’s a chance this year. Who knows if Thommo gets re-signed either.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I remember Bulldog Steve saying the Dogs will be given the last right of reply to Moses...so even though we may have not made an offer to him if he is genuinely interested in coming to us Gus will be ready to make him an offer.
Yeah plus as mentioned we are monitoring the situation, probably Gustavo waiting to pounce.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeh, highly doubt Avo is there after this season.
And..Helter could end up in the back row next year? wasn't he a breakaway(kind of like a lock?)in the rah rahs?
Very good thing for us that Gus shipped off Schoupp.
I think if he improves his defence it will be him this year and Alamoti in 2024

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeh, highly doubt Avo is there after this season.
And..Helter could end up in the back row next year? wasn't he a breakaway(kind of like a lock?)in the rah rahs?
Very good thing for us that Gus shipped off Schoupp.
Jake's signing an extension with us

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jake's signing an extension with us
Is he going to be offered one though?
Sounds like at least initially the coach isn't a fan or him generally or just as fullback?
Idk but the signs aren't that promising plus reports of him at training being a bit "soft"?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think if he improves his defence it will be him this year and Alamoti in 2024
Your not buying the theory Alamoti may start Rd 1 at left centre? I'm sceptical on the limited things I've seen and he is very inexperienced really but he may have lifted again and his rig looks the part lol

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously I hate the fact we are buying so much. Especially from the Panthers. Us dogs supporters will be up for some shit from other clubs calling us the Canterbury Panthers, bought not bred etc etc. We have Kiraz that will be a great fullback if Ava is no good. Both Juniors. We don't need Crichton.. I certainly don't want Moses now! I would rather back Rajab
Time to grow a thicker skin....they have called us worse things in the past ( aka rapists, cap cheats etc,etc ) who cares what they call us!!! I would rather the dogs be hated for all the right reasons "cough...jealousy, success, being one of the biggest and richest clubs in Sydney" than be shown fake pitty for finishing last year in year out. Bought not bred what kind of bullshit is that....it's a fucking mantra for fuck sake. Sticks and stones brother if our juniors were up to NRL standard in the first place we would not need to go to the open player market but because of over a decade of miss managment of our junior systems we need to go to the player market just to be competative. Today Crichton tomorrow Moses HELL YEAH!!! Bought not bred who gives a shit. A part from the Panthers who have a great pathways system created by Gus which other team dosen't need to go to market to fill certain needs? Rake them in Gus and tag them all Bulldogs!!! IN GUS I TRUST.

Last edited:

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if thompson plays well this season than im sure we'll keep him considering there isn't many quality props around atm
Tell me what Thompson offers as a prop? Go forward? Never seen him bend a line. I just think we cant carry players that are expensive who have a track record of non performance. Add to that he had injuries and off field issues so who is to say he doesnt do a Bateman and want out mid season and then leave us with a gap in our roster. Way too many questions and weaknesses to retain this guy & besides I would think that is the money for moses (if we get him)

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
if thompson plays well this season than im sure we'll keep him considering there isn't many quality props around atm
Yeah ideally he has a strong season and re-signs at a little hair cut. Time will tell. Personally think he needs to show us a lot more first.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Your not buying the theory Alamoti may start Rd 1 at left centre? I'm sceptical on the limited things I've seen and he is very inexperienced really but he may have lifted again and his rig looks the part lol
I don't want him rushed and under pressure, Skelton can handle attack, just needs to work on his D.

Tez01

New Pup
Reaction score
Time to grow a thicker skin....they have called us worse things in the past ( aka rapists, cap cheats etc,etc ) who cares what they call us!!! I would rather the dogs be hated for all the right reasons "cough...jealousy, success, being one of the biggest and richest clubs in Sydney" than be shown fake pitty for finishing last year in year out. Bought not bred what kind of bullshit is that....it's a fucking mantra for fuck sake. Sticks and stones brother if our juniors were up to NRL standard in the first place we would not need to go to the open player market but because of over a decade of miss managment of our junior systems we need to go to the player market just to be competative. Today Crichton tomorrow Moses HELL YEAH!!! Bought not bred who gives a shit. A part from the Panthers who have a great pathways system created by Gus which other team dosen't need to go to market to fill certain needs? Rake them in Gus and tag them all Bulldogs!!! IN GUS I TRUST.
Okay the thing I want to ask, just say we win the comp this year. As dogs supporters how would it feel knowing we have limited junior representation in this team? Compared to 2004, for me, much lower! We had 75% of our side either junior based or developed in that 2004 side.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is he going to be offered one though?
Sounds like at least initially the coach isn't a fan or him generally or just as fullback?
Idk but the signs aren't that promising plus reports of him at training being a bit "soft"?
Apparently he already has