Official Stephen Crichton signs with the Bulldogs 2024

Do you think Crighton will make a good fullback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure how we will like this for 2024… I’m sitting on the fence with him, in hope he actually plays that good he starts to shine in FB

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
[QUOTE="CMP, post: 4554577, member: 301
He is a good player but he isn’t elite by any stretch.
[/QUOTE]
Not elite? What do you have to do to be classed as elite?
He was in two winning Grand Finals. He was a SOO centre. He won Dally M Centre of the year.
What more could he have done.
Apart from that, he is so far in advance of anyone we now have it's beyond being funny.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Panthers have confirmed premiership-winning centre Stephen Crichton will depart the premiers at the end of the 2023 season to pursue opportunities at a rival club.

In a Panthers statement released on Monday afternoon, the club indicated they were notified by Crichton’s management that he will be seeking opportunities elsewhere in 2024.

The Panthers said to contrary to media reports, the club made a substantial contract extension offer to Crichton last May and were disappointed the club could not reach an agreement at that point in time.

“Although Panthers is disappointed by the outcome, the club respects Stephen’s decision, and understands the situation is exacerbated by salary cap pressure based on the club’s recent success,” Panthers Rugby League CEO Matt Cameron said in a statement.

“The club thanks Stephen for his efforts and is looking forward to seeing him represent the Panthers for the remainder of the 2023 NRL season.”

Crichton said he is fully committed to finishing the year strongly with the Panthers.

“It was the hardest decision to make, but now my full focus is on the 2023 season and finishing my time at Panthers as strong as I can,” he said.

“It’s going to be tough to leave my teammates, but we will have our chance to make more memories this year. I know my friendships at Panthers won’t finish here but will last forever.”

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[QUOTE="CMP, post: 4554577, member: 301
He is a good player but he isn’t elite by any stretch.
Not elite? What do you have to do to be classed as elite?
He was in two winning Grand Finals. He was a SOO centre. He won Dally M Centre of the year.
What more could he have done.
Apart from that, he is so far in advance of anyone we now have it's beyond being funny.[/QUOTE]

Being in advance of what we have means you’re in a group of 30 players.

He is good but he isn’t elite. He plays in an absolute star studded Panthers team. Anyone would look good in that side.

He might have been picked in Origin. More as a result of other players being injured though. I don’t think he will play too many in that arena.

He was shown to be way out of his depth at that level.

He is a good first grader. Which is actually a good level of player to sign. He is a good player that isn’t good enough to get picked in Origin.

He will be a good signing as long as the dollars are good value and not overs.