Official Stephen Crichton signs with the Bulldogs 2024

Do you think Crighton will make a good fullback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a quality centre with potential to be a quality fullback. There is difference between what a player is worth (Panther offer) and what you have to pay to get them to the club (overs). Burton was signed before he was a star, therefore in theory we can retain him for cheaper, Crichton is already a star. Also good chance he ain't on 950k.
There is zero chance that Crichton is on 950k at the riff because they are not that stupid.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh not calling anyone out. Since Gus arrived no one knows anything about a signing only if Gus, the player/family or manager leak it. So if you source isn’t one of those you have no Fucken idea and are telling porkies lol
Best was when Dib was in charge. Everyone had their own leaks lol

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't help but feel we'll regret this contract if it turns out to be true.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Read again

Yes, Yes and I didn't say Crichton was worth more than Burton, but they're pretty similar assuming Crichton becomes the fullback we're buying him to be.
I've been told that Crichton will be signed as a centre on a centre's dollars with an opportunity to become a fullback,
I am assuming if he makes it as a fullback then his contract will be upgaded accordingly.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tbh not calling anyone out. Since Gus arrived no one knows anything about a signing only if Gus, the player/family or manager leak it. So if you source isn’t one of those you have no Fucken idea and are telling porkies lol
I agree but footy players and their family/friends love talking so things always leak and it's why Crichton is pretty much an open secret at this point.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There is zero chance that Crichton is on 950k at the riff because they are not that stupid.
Would be on 600-700k as a centre at Panther and we need to obviously offer more money as an incentive (so we play him fullback to justify that) I'm expecting our offer to be 800-900k for 4-5 years

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I've been told that Crichton will be signed as a centre on a centre's dollars with an opportunity to become a fullback,
I am assuming if he makes it as a fullback then his contract will be upgaded accordingly.
if he signs he will be coming to play fullback and on fullback's money

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If they did lock up Critter, I’m not so sure he’s worth 1M a season. Surely you load up on Jarome Hughes or Moses for 2024?

Ciraldo sees something there so I guess we will have to trust the process, but Burton needs help. If we can get a good half to partner Burton, we should get some confidence of making finals footy.
Hughes is contracted until 2026, no good halves are off contract in 2024

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be a gun FB you need acceleration, ball playing skills and proven ability to handle pressure at Origin like Slater, Teddy, Turbo etc. Crichton does not have those attributes and he flopped in Origin.
You get fuck all intercept chances at fullback either . . . Crichtons signature move