Official Stephen Crichton signs with the Bulldogs 2024

Do you think Crighton will make a good fullback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are all best mates, go to church together, their relationship like Burton in last year is very solid.
he wants to play fullback, and he can’t at penrith , it’s pretty simple.
as for Spencer, his role is not to play 60 minutes, it is as a game changer in short sports.
he is trained that way, if he came here it would be as a starting prop and he would be trained to push out bigger minutes which he can do easily and did in the lower grades
I meant Crichton’s relationship with panthers management. Either way they are professionals like you said he will just get the job done for 23.
yeah that’s why I don’t see Leniu being signed by roosters. Don’t think they would spend much on a player that can’t play big mins in the middle.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They could probably win without him, but he's made big plays like some timely intercepts in big games, big line breaks and has good hands to set up his winger... I don't know if anything has soured. I think it's just a realisation from both parties that their success means they can't keep everyone...

Like Burton two years ago and Kikau last year, Crichton will still be a consistent player for them despite having signed elsewhere. They have set such a good standard there with players being locked in, that I don't think anything less will be tolerated.
Agreed mate

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah that’s why I don’t see Leniu being signed by roosters. Don’t think they would spend much on a player that can’t play big mins in the middle.
Neither should we be signing Leniu on big money. I got no dramas signing him but he is a bench player who doesn’t play big minutes.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would argue Turuva is ready
He'll murder it
With Stephen Crichton officially coming, why don't we give his brother Christian another shot? Maybe a train and trial, or a 1 year deal? It wouldn't cost us much and it would just be for depth.

Josh Mansour is another winger without a club.
I cant see how Mansour wont end up on our books. Papa Gould loves him, hes without a club and we got spots in the backs where we are thin? Bring him in on min wage

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey Bulldogs fans, a 45 year Panthers fan here, my commentary is based on watching every game Stephen Crighton has played. Currently, he is on $585K with the Panthers, my club sources say we offered him around $700K for 3 years but his management advised against the tenure length rather than the $ figure. He wants to play fullback and is stuck behind the current Clive Churchill medalist and Top 3 fullback Dylan Edwards, who still has 3 or 4 years left in him at the top level. Word quietly out of the Pathers sheds, is he has been offered around $800K to play fullback with the Dogs with performance-based increases pushing toward $850k - $900k in the next year '25 etc. Gus won't announce anything until a week has passed after Crighton's public announcement of not being at the Panthers for '24. Here's the thing, at his worst, he is a lazy runner and rushes up in defence. This is not very often, at his best, his clutch plays win premierships and finals, he is fast and athletic and is a great goal kicker, no arguments can be made there. In the middle of that, he is a Top 3 centre and potentially a great fullback, he is 22 for Petes sake! Very astute posters on this site have noted that at worst, you will have a killer back row whether he is at centre or fullback. He's a winner, arrogant, probably, confident, absolutely, it's infectious. For '24, Bulldogs look not just Top 8, but potential Top 4 and don't listen to any trolls, most of us in Panther land welcome a Bulldogs resurgence. Great recent purchases and talented juniors are a winning combo. Just sort out number 7 and all of the Top 4 will be looking over their shoulders. I watched a lot of late-season '22 Bulldogs games and there is something big brewing. Ciraldo can coach, he has had as good an apprenticeship as most.
Sensible post and a good read cheers mate

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s official - Stephen Crichton will be a Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldog in 2024 with the two-time premiership-winning Penrith centre to ink a four-year deal in excess of $3.3 million
Foxsports

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got word from my cousin in the NRL that Stephen Crichton’s Bulldogg contract has been LODGED and is in the cooling off period.

he is ours offical!!

starting new thread to announce this big news, hate it or love it.

900k a season 4 years last year club option.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just got word from my cousin in the NRL that Stephen Crichton’s Bulldogg contract has been LODGED and is in the cooling off period.

he is ours offical!!

starting new thread to announce this big news, hate it or love it.

900k a season 4 years last year club option.
not 900k its 825k a season