Official Stephen Crichton signs with the Bulldogs 2024

Do you think Crighton will make a good fullback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Crichton's a 100-200k gamble imo. If he works out we've got him at value, if he doesn't we're overpaying him to play centre. That's what a team like us has to do to get a fullback tho - especially a player as talented as Crichton. Cowboy did something similar with Holmes.
Lot's of good posts in this thread.
Eg BradyK pointed out the club is making better calls with Gus and CC.
Better calls in recruiting established players, young talent to develop and especially who to retain and who to offload.
Crichton is coming into a dramatically improved squad. The $100k-$200k gamble seems about right to me. One that can be taken now and isn't a make or break for the club as we finally have some depth. And Mahoney.
The 2024 Half back is a far big problem with a lot more at stake.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They were poor across the board and looked lethargic. I don't expect them to play like that again. Maybe once in 20 games.

API is a huge loss. But don't underestimate Edwards. He is probably a bigger key to the cog as all sets start from him, and also safer than SC.

SC was certainly not one of the worst players yesterday but also not their best. He made crucial errors in pushing unecessary passes as well as spilling the ball (unlucky) that resulted in loss of game.

Sure he'll learn but he wanted top fullback money and so we hope by next year, he plays like a top fullback or at least 80% of one.
With the loss of Kiks and no other threat from 2nd row it was much easier to defend.
Until they bring through the next big talented kids the panfers are going to miss Api & Kiks.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He played like Hoppa at fullback without the hands. Bloke is an athlete that has had it easy in a stacked Panther team and thrived. Very different playing fullback and a huge gamble on our part.
Who have we signed and you have given a positive review about?

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopoate was a consistent performer at fullback, actually he was our best since Barba.

How is that a bad thing if he performs like prime Will Hopoate?
We need speed at the back not just a safe player.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
He wasn’t even bad bro. I laugh at all these panic merchants, honestly. He knocked on trying a catch over his shoulder, when running back towards his in goal, which was a bit dumb. Another error when the impact of Hurrell hitting him squeezed the ball out, and really, the only one I’d be critical of was the pass in his own 10 which was a brain snap, but if Tago didn’t drop it it wouldn’t be mentioned.

It’s funny how people focus on the negative and completely ignore the positive things he did. He was in good position for most of the match. He was safe for most of the match. He took several difficult catches in tough conditions. His bomb caused an error which they scored from. He made good yards from many runs. His passing was quite good and he looked dangerous several times when they did backline moves. He was in Panther best 5 players. Most of the team were average.

All that and he’s only played around 6 games in NRL at the back. Fuck me people are quick to judge and so dramatic.
And I doubt he trained there much in the off-season. Even Hoppa who's safe as houses dropped one last night due to the conditions.
I'm not concerned at this stage.

Reaction score
With the loss of Kiks and no other threat from 2nd row it was much easier to defend.
Until they bring through the next big talented kids the panfers are going to miss Api & Kiks.
I said 2 weeks ago Api would be a big loss. Kenny is hopeless and Luke is injury prone.
Whoever made the decision not to re-sign Api fucked up big time. He was a must keep.