Opinion Stefano Utoikamanu get-out clause for 2025

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he fails to make the first NSW team this year we need to start putting out the feelers to his manager. Zero chance of them making the top 8 this year

Madge’s shock snub as stars gather for two-day Blues camp

The Blues’ new era has officially kicked off with 36 players set to gather at NSWRL headquarters this weekend for a two-day training camp.

New coach Michael Maguire has wasted no time in making big selection calls either with News Corprevealing Wests Tigers prop Stefano Utoikamanu has been left out of the squad.

Utoikamanu made his State of Origin debut last year and has history with Maguire given he signed the 23-year-old while he was head coach of the Tigers.

According to News Corp, Utoikamanu is still a part of the Blues’ long-term plans and Maguire has reached out to him.

But his omission could down the track have ramifications on his future with the Tigers.

News Corp reports Utoikamanu, who has a mutual option for next year, actually has a clause in his contract which makes him a free agent if the Tigers fail to make finals this season.

But the clause is cancelled if he plays a total of three Origin games by the end of the season.

There are two other missing faces in Rabbitohs superstar Latrell Mitchell and Broncos prop Payne Haas, however they reportedly pulled out due to personal reasons — but are fully committed to this year’s series.

Maguire also reportedly reached out to Storm speedster Ryan Papenhuyzen, but he will remain in Melbourne to continue his recovery from an ankle injury.

The players included that are yet to make their Origin debut are Campbell Graham, Dylan Edwards, Cameron McInnes and Haumole Olakau’atu.

The Rabbitohs and Panthers have the most players invited with six each — including Mitchell — while the Dragons, Warriors, Storm, Dolphins and Titans have no representation.

The players won’t train during the camp. It is instead an opportunity to get together and get to know the new coaching staff which now includes Brett White, Matt King and John Cartwright.

Michael Maguire’s 36-man NSW squad, per News Corp: Josh Addo-Carr, Matt Burton, Stephen Crichton (all Bulldogs), Nicho Hynes, Cameron McInnes (both Sharks), Hudson Young (Raiders), Bradman Best, Tyson Frizell, Jacob Saifiti, Daniel Saifiti (all Knights), James Tedesco, Daniel Tupou, Joseph Suaali’i (all Roosters), Mitchell Moses, Clint Gutherson, Junior Paulo, Reagan Campbell-Gillard (all Rabbitohs), Reece Robson (Cowboys), Jake Trbojevic, Tom Trbojevic, Haumole Olakau’atu (all Sea Eagles), Cameron Murray, Latrell Mitchell*, Cody Walker, Damien Cook, Campbell Graham, Keaon Koloamatangi (all Rabbitohs), Payne Haas*, Kotoni Staggs, Api Koroisau, Dylan Edwards, Nathan Cleary, Jarome Luai, Brian To’o, Liam Martin, Isaah Yeo.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
i thought he was underwhelming last season but he’s young I guess. Rotating around with
Stef, king, may, curran plus Preston and Kiks in 2025 will ease the young guys in with a good pack to learn off

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Good player. From what I've seen from him, he'd never be a pack leader, would need May or another topline prop.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Madone, this barley Bulldogs news cocksucker. What you Aussie fucks say "put the c**t where it's suppose to go"
Don't appreciate being called that motherfucker.

He's not even in the "squad" for Origin - a squad selected by his former NRL coach. "IF" he doesn't play all 3 Origin games this year and the Tigers don't make the 8 (impossible) he's a free agent for 2025.

We're fucking desperate for good big props like this guy in case you didn't know. I searched but there had never been a thread on TK with people's thoughts on this player so I'm keen to hear what others think. Not much content to read on here a lot of the time other than people arguing. If you don't want to read something no-one's holding a gun to your head - unfortunately. Why whinge about it. Like people want to read that LOL

Since you're not up with Aussie "fucks" as you say (some Italian fucks maybe) I suggest you get out from behind the keyboard and venture into as many crowded western Sydney pubs as you can and call everyone you've never met before a cocksucker. They'll really love it and I'm sure you'll get some great feedback

Last edited:

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to break your bubbles but he already said he would re sign with the tigers if these came into play

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry to break your bubbles but he already said he would re sign with the tigers if these came into play

All depends on how the first 10 rounds go in my opinion. Plenty going on at both clubs future wise and We'll by then know whether he is worth throwing a chunk at.

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All depends on how the first 10 rounds go in my opinion. Plenty going on at both clubs future wise and We'll by then know whether he is worth throwing a chunk at.
Yeah we will see anything can happen and what a player says in the media and does is mostly 2 different things. With a few exceptions here and their but you’re right it all depends how we’re going compared to how they’re going

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i thought he was underwhelming last season but he’s young I guess. Rotating around with
Stef, king, may, curran plus Preston and Kiks in 2025 will ease the young guys in with a good pack to learn off
Good plan banana. Kids will start coming in for Knight and King whilst May, Curran and Stef come into their prime years.

It sets up the middle for a decade.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Good plan banana. Kids will start coming in for Knight and King whilst May, Curran and Stef come into their prime years.

It sets up the middle for a decade.
Banana?