Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Tenure : 2012 - ongoing (4 seasons)

Premierships : 0/4
Runner-up : 2/4
Finals appearances : 4/4
Finals record : 6-4 (incl 2x GF losses)

Highest reg. season finish : 1st (18-6 : Made the '12 GF)
Lowest reg. season finish : 7th (13-11 : Made the '14 GF)

Average reg season : 5th
Average reg season record : 15-9
Average reg season prem points : 34

Average tries per season : 92
Average goals per season : 73
Average F/A per season : +79

******************************************​

Predictions for 2016, according to my adjustments to the laws of averages.

- Bulldogs will finish 5th/6th
- We'll get 32 points.
- Our record will be 14-10
- We'll score between 470-500 points.
- We'll concede between 410-440 points.
- We will make the GF.
- We will win the comp.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
des almost the longest serving bulldog coach to not win a title, although steve folkes and chris anderson took until their 7th and 6th seasons to do it

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Here's an interesting fact:

Des has a higher winning percentage currently coaching the Bulldogs, than he did with Manly!

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Sure, I'd love to win a comp. It's been 11 yrs. We've served our dues. Y'all deserve a party.

But seriously ... this thought pleases me the most : "It would be a surprise if Bulldogs didn't make finals".

It ultimately doesn't matter what happens in the first 2/3rds of the year.
Get past Origin with anything close to a 50/50 win record, and we're dead certainties to make a charge.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Got to make top 4 if you want to win the comp in my opinion.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Impressive stats I must say ,I'm a big critic of des just want our team to be consistant ,
We beat good teams and we lose to shit teams it's frustrating.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Got to make top 4 if you want to win the comp in my opinion.
We made the GF from the bottom 8 but I understand what you're saying we could've probably avoided injuries and gained some r n r with the week off .. But it was bloody exciting to watch

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
We made the GF from the bottom 8 but I understand what you're saying we could've probably avoided injuries and gained some r n r with the week off .. But it was bloody exciting to watch
Do you remmeber 95 grandfinal we finished 7th I think.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think what frustrates ppl is we have mostly played below our best under des yet made the finals 100% and the gf 50 % of the time hes been coach. Imagine if we played at our best more. We would win the gf in a canter i reckon.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I think what frustrates ppl is we have mostly played below our best under des yet made the finals 100% and the gf 50 % of the time hes been coach. Imagine if we played at our best more. We would win the gf in a canter i reckon.
This ^^^^

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do you remmeber 95 grandfinal we finished 7th I think.
Yes of course. Look it's not impossible and obviously no two seasons are the same. '95 finals were magical but there was slot going in off the field at the time. That team had some awesome players in it and deserved the premiership victory. It was no fluke.

I just think top 4 needs to be the goal. It gives the players confidence and self belief.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Yes of course. Look it's not impossible and obviously no two seasons are the same. '95 finals were magical but there was slot going in off the field at the time. That team had some awesome players in it and deserved the premiership victory. It was no fluke.

I just think top 4 needs to be the goal. It gives the players confidence and self belief.
I know what your saying it would be great to finish in the top 4 even better to finish first lol

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Quote of the year so far, Agree 100 % .Well said.....

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This^^^

We've made the finals the last 4 years and have yet to really fire where we just dominate from kick off to siren.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he buys a lot of good players to ensure injuries don't prevent us from missing the 8, but because of this we can't afford the elite players in the right positions to take us to the next level. So he's recruited young talent on these positions...His goal is to make the 8 and hopefully jag a premiership until mbye , abbey and lichaa take us to the next level. He did build a team and game play around Barba so he had to write off a few years unwinding that. This is the first year of the build towards a premiership...can't see us winning it but I think we will see signs of the glory to come, which we haven't really seen the last frw years..

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This year I want Des to have the boys finish in the top 4 because that 1 week off and that 1 more game until the grand final if you win your first final is the biggest advantage you can get now to be honest plus an extra chance always helps if you lose.

Also like Boxer said I want the whole "we lose to a shit team and can beat the ladder leaders next game" trend to finally stop.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.