Statement Regarding Jacob Loko

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
--

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have today sanctioned Jacob Loko for
breaching the club’s Code of Conduct during an altercation on Saturday, 21 March.

--

These sanctions include:

· 150 hours of community service

· Total alcohol ban with random alcohol and drug testing option for the club at any time

· Compulsory continuation of counselling and education programme

· Four game suspension (with matches already served, Loko will be available for selection in Round 8)

· $10,000 fine with $2,500 suspended

· Immediate termination for any future breaches of the Club Code of Conduct

“This punishment is intended to reflect the seriousness of Jacob’s misconduct and the fact that he is a young athlete genuinely in need of help,” said Chief Executive Raelene Castle.

“The Bulldogs believe that 150 hours of Community Service adds significantly more value to society and Jacob’s personal development, than terminating his contract.

“This course of action was determined in consultation with the NRL Integrity Unit and gives Jacob the perspective he needs to work on behavioural issues.”

--

So what is your opinion regarding the punishment?

I think the punishment is pretty harsh, as it should be. I think the bulldogs have taken the correct action in punishment rather than just cutting him off

Source:
http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2015/04/10/statement_regarding_.html

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Well I think this goes a long way to showing that Castle doesn't just throw players under the bus as some people have suggested on hefe

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All good, need to downgrade the match suspension so he can be selected as of this week.

no better remedy than playing footy be it in NSW Cup or 1st grade

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the guidelines they have given him are good. Hopefully this will help him to understand what he has to lose now and get his head straight. The fact that he is on notice now he can't afford to do anything remotely wrong.

Good to see the club actually want to help a troubled player get themselves sorted, even through some tough love.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Correct decision, IMO.
Total alcohol ban. Now we'll see how much he wants to play footy.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good to hear. Well done by the club.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's hope Stanley can stay injury free for two rounds.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh no so if he plays first grade and kills it it means the roosters can offer him massive money under the table and encourage him to get caught on the drink BANG sacked and playing for the roosters?

why make it public

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well I think this goes a long way to showing that Castle doesn't just throw players under the bus as some people have suggested on hefe
Exactly right. Punishment has now been dealt but what is the bet a lot of people ( and I will leave it up to your discretion as to whom I am talking about) will say not enough. This has come hot on the heels of the Good Friday fiasco so the love will continue for a while yet. The club has put very strict rules on him and one more slip up, bye bye Jacob, as it should be. Now.......what are Manly doing with their participant in the rumble in the city?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Completely agree with all the sanctions. Well done to the team management. Hopefully he can show some respect now and does what is best for him. Already 2 chances and he hasn't played a min for us yet.

Hopefully he can show some commitment to training now. He already missed his opportunity to return to 1st grade because of his off field stupidity. As a professional athlete I am sure that will be burning him (he hasn't played first grade for over 2 years). Once he gets back on the park I am sure his attitude will improve, hopefully he stays injury free for the rest of the year and adhears to policies put before him. Nothing is too far fetched. It's something he should have been doing anything.

Hope to see him running around soon. If the kid has any brains he should appreciate this opportunity and pull his head in (ie be at training on time ready to go). No more sleeping in or coming drunk.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
:grinning: and by Round 8 he should be completely match fit too.

Straight into the side as our other centre.. and then sit back and enjoy his first hitup... it'll be a monster.

I pity the poor bastard on the receiving end of his first fend as it will be a beauty I'm sure.

$7500 fine is fair enough, but Taufua should chip in for part of that.

Speaking of Taufua - what have Manly done to penalise him?

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
:grinning: and by Round 8 he should be completely match fit too.

Straight into the side as our other centre.. and then sit back and enjoy his first hitup... it'll be a monster.

I pity the poor bastard on the receiving end of his first fend as it will be a beauty I'm sure.

$7500 fine is fair enough, but Taufua should chip in for part of that.

Speaking of Taufua - what have Manly done to penalise him?
Just get him to play a couple of first grade games for the Sea Eagles is enough punishment.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
If he is to make first grade were would he play and who would he replace

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully he's been taking his training as serious as his 'hydration'..

With lafai and bmoz out it's the best chance he'll get to find himself in 1st grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.