State of Origin III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Official State of origin III thread.

Post news articles and all thoughts and ideas on the upcoming game.

.PARANoIR.

I stole this off Charisma
Reaction score
1. Inglis
2. Slater
3. Hodges
4. Berrigan
5. Mogg *shudder*
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Petero
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Webb
12. Myles
13. Flannery

14. Bowen
15. Thaiday
16. Parker
17. Johnson

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
1. Hodgson
2. Grothe
3. Cooper
4. Gasnier
5. King
6. Hornby
7. Gower/Orford/Kimmorley
8. Bailey
9. Buderus
10. Mason
11. Simpson
12. Hindmarsh
13. Menzies

14. Wing
15. O'Meley
16. Ryan
17. Kite

I think most of the NSW selections ( so long as no injuries ) will be based around who goes to the bench and who starts the game and also the halfback/5/8th selections.

Watching Ben Hornby against the Broncos last night IMO he has improved out of sight. He's really dangerous taking the line on and should get the nod IMO.

For a half back I'd have to go with giving Kimmorley a 2nd chance. He has alot of experience and IMo can get the job done of getting NSW home in game 3.

.PARANoIR.

Reaction score
NSW by a lot. But I said that the other night.

You're a harsh critic mr J, Tahu wasn't to bad the other night.

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
1. Shif
2. Inglis
3. Hodges
4. Tate
5. Mogg
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Petero
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Webb
12. Parker
13. Johnson

14. Berrigan
15. Thaiday
16. Myles
17. Flannery

I havent seen much of Slaters recent form, well he has been suspended alot, but imo Inglis should be there, but Shif deserves the FB spot, so hence Inglis on the wing.
Ive put Parker in my starting side, because he is not an impact player, he's an 80min player for sure.
Blah blah blah the rest explain themselves.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The main problem I have with Tahu is that he hasnt stood out in either match and is also not going great guns for parra and again the eels scored 5 tries 2nite and he didnt get 1.

Infact you have to go back to the 5th of may......6 weeks ago to find the last time Timana even got the ball over the tryline (test match against NZ).

if you talk in terms of NRL footy only...he hasn't score since the 21st April...almost 2 months of footy.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I think King deserves to keep his position because coming out of our own end when we're getting hammered his dummy half runs are invaluable.

.PARANoIR.

Reaction score
QLDGirl said:
1. Shif
2. Inglis
3. Hodges
4. Tate
5. Mogg
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Petero
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Webb
12. Parker
13. Johnson

14. Berrigan
15. Thaiday
16. Myles
17. Flannery

I havent seen much of Slaters recent form, well he has been suspended alot, but imo Inglis should be there, but Shif deserves the FB spot, so hence Inglis on the wing.
Ive put Parker in my starting side, because he is not an impact player, he's an 80min player for sure.
Blah blah blah the rest explain themselves.
Slater hasn't got any recent form. He hasn't played any football. lol.

Just pick him. Im sure he won't let anyone down.

I put Parker on the bench because neither Nate or Webb did anything wrong to get demoted, and QLD selectors have a habit of picking blokes on the bench that aren't impact players, they should pick him on the bench, put him on after 20 - 25 mins, and leave him on.

.PARANoIR.

Reaction score
Stevie J said:
The main problem I have with Tahu is that he hasnt stood out in either match and is also not going great guns for parra and again the eels scored 5 tries 2nite and he didnt get 1.

Infact you have to go back to the 5th of may......6 weeks ago to find the last time Timana even got the ball over the tryline (test match against NZ).

if you talk in terms of NRL footy only...he hasn't score since the 21st April...almost 2 months of footy.
lol. You did a lot of research to find a responce to that didn't you?

You've done well.

And for the record, all though I did say it was harsh, I think Cooper is a better player than Tahu anyway, so he deserves the gig.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Wasn't the spot "effectively" Cooper's until Cooper got injured before game 1?

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
.PARANoIR. said:
Slater hasn't got any recent form. He hasn't played any football. lol.

Just pick him. Im sure he won't let anyone down.

I put Parker on the bench because neither Nate or Webb did anything wrong to get demoted, and QLD selectors have a habit of picking blokes on the bench that aren't impact players, they should pick him on the bench, put him on after 20 - 25 mins, and leave him on.
Lol exactly, hence why I said he's nbeen suspended alot, yea I was tossin up shif/slater, I just dont know.

Yea they did nothing wrong, when it came down to choosing if Nate or Webb should be put in the bench instead of parker imo, it was nate, webb was far more explosive starting in game 2, then coming off the bench, where as I believe nate can be pretty good either way. Its just Parker deserves to be picked, but HAS to start, hes not an impact player so he wouldnt be much use off the bench really, so you might as well start him.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
QLDGirl said:

yes, finally some one makes some sence, he should have played game 1 and 2 IMO

.PARANoIR.

Reaction score
Shifcofske excels in a poorer side, but when he's in a quality side with big name players, he fails to shine.

It has been proven time and time again.

C

Cookie^Monstah

6. Scott Hill
7. Kimmorely/Gower

Gallen in there somewhere, not sure where they'll fit him in because Beaver and Andy Ryna have been playing alright....

.PARANoIR.

Reaction score
A Hill/Kimmorley pairing would be ideal for the Blues, they have such good success together.

Although i dont rate Kimmorley at all, if he paired up with Hill, id be a bit concerned.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i reckon gallen in for wing, gallen has started for the sharks at hoker but can fit in the back row, which means we can have gallen and buderus on at the same time, having wing and buderus on at the same time was just ****en stupid imo

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
.PARANoIR. said:
Shifcofske excels in a poorer side, but when he's in a quality side with big name players, he fails to shine.

It has been proven time and time again.
Hes a safe reliable fullback. Atm like stated before, Slater doesnt have form, we dont know how he will perform, personally he hasnt' always been that great in Origin either, hes had some good games, and some horrible ones. Shif I think though, is safe under the high ball, and hes bigger then Bowen so he wont get crunched all the time. I dont know I guess i'd just like to give him the chance to play in such a game.

Hes certainly not a Hunt (who we needed :(), but he does the job, which is something we will need in game 3, safe and reliable.
Bowen to me isnt that safe, and Slater isnt that reliable, both can switch on at an instant, but then switch off.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Especially since I'm heading to Melbourne for the match, I don't care what the make up of the team is as long as Finch and Anasta are not the NSW halves combo.

Hopefully Gower will be #7

Status
Not open for further replies.