Starting a petition to stop the rot in NRL

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need to start a petition for all clubs fans. Something that says how disenchanted fans are with the way the game is being run, the lack of consistancy in on field calls and the way the game is officiated seemingly to shape a game without trying to look biased to a certain side, the constant changing of how the game is officiated, the salary cap rorting of successfull clubs. Questions need to be asked about the betting agencies impact on the game too. Is there anyone on this forum that knows how to do it and can word peoperly so it looks professional. Pretty sure there are allot of fans from other clubs that have had enough of it. And allot of people that no longer watch the game that would sign it.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
NRL is a big joke, they use the franchise as just business and how to profit more money.
There needs to be a new competition and sack the NRL.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who are you going to send the petition to.

I think the petition idea is a waste of time.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There are 16 teams in Brisbane this week. It’s a home and away season yet 15 teams will play at a Neutral venue infront of barely any of their own supporters.

Imagine epl playing 10 games at old Trafford or Emirates stadium. They wouldn’t because the competition is sacred and valued. Not this micky mouse league which takes the piss and is a commercial train wreck.

If you wanna grown the game go bush. Not play 8 games with 15 away teams in Brisbane.

And as long as there is gambling heavily involved in the sport you can never look at the game in the same way. The refs can’t be that useless and incompetent.

Game has gone backwards since David Moffat. Honestly as a former die hard doggies fan I can’t wait until the game and the league is done. Last 3 administrators have allowed this rot.

Geez I’m starting to sound like Marley with my negativity and hate for everything and everyone :p Lol

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who are you going to send the petition to.

I think the petition idea is a waste of time.
If it gets allot of ppl sign and gains momentum the media get onto it. Show the NRL that there are a large group of people that all believe it is corrupt shows them that they are aren't fooling anyone. Fans have the power we keep them employed if the numbers are large enough they risk ignoring said ppl at their own peril

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Won't make a difference.... The game isn't catering for the fans, it's catering for the gamblers and monety launderers who pump money through the betting partners that sponsor the game.

Heir Greenjerk probably gets a kickback.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The concept of this week's round is just another desperate attempt by the NRL to survive, if Greenburg and the rest of the Admin. don't see how they are destroying the game, it's probably because the are only concerned about themselves, and if the game goes completely down the poo, they will move on and like Politicians stuff up something else.
The control the media outlets have on the game and the manner which some clubs get favored will not go away any time soon, probably never.
The only way we will get a fair go is if a few of the less favored clubs band together and form a breakaway competition, their are other media outlets who would die for sports content. Because of the money outlaid for the TV rights, a break away of a few teams would send the News and Ch9 in a tail spin
With many parents turning their kids away from the game because it has become to ruthless, the concept would not be as difficult as it might sound

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Rather than petition the NRL, our board need to get off their arse and call the NRL out on it via the media.

Ask for a please explain, and ask how the NRL intend to compensate the club for lost revenue as a result of falling crowd numbers due to fans having no faith in officials towards our club.

THAT is what needs to happen.

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rather than petition the NRL, our board need to get off their arse and call the NRL out on it via the media.

Ask for a please explain, and ask how the NRL intend to compensate the club for lost revenue as a result of falling crowd numbers due to fans having no faith in officials towards our club.

THAT is what needs to happen.
I agree with that too. It just seems on this forum and most ppl i talk to have all had enough of the bullshit. Most ppl i work for don't even follow the footy anymore.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are 16 teams in Brisbane this week. It’s a home and away season yet 15 teams will play at a Neutral venue infront of barely any of their own supporters.

Imagine epl playing 10 games at old Trafford or Emirates stadium. They wouldn’t because the competition is sacred and valued. Not this micky mouse league which takes the piss and is a commercial train wreck.

If you wanna grown the game go bush. Not play 8 games with 15 away teams in Brisbane.

And as long as there is gambling heavily involved in the sport you can never look at the game in the same way. The refs can’t be that useless and incompetent.

Game has gone backwards since David Moffat. Honestly as a former die hard doggies fan I can’t wait until the game and the league is done. Last 3 administrators have allowed this rot.

Geez I’m starting to sound like Marley with my negativity and hate for everything and everyone :p Lol
Yeah thank god Marley has been permabanned.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with that too. It just seems on this forum and most ppl i talk to have all had enough of the bullshit. Most ppl i work for don't even follow the footy anymore.
I remember a year or so ago, facebook posts about the doggies were still generally positive but now it's just like being on TK. Everyones pretty fed up

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
NRL now is a corrupt game. They dont care about supporters. When u have a guy like greenturd who has his favorites and is as corrupt as they come and Beattie an ex politician failure who has no idea about running anything let alone the nrl it all to do with money. Greenturd didnt get his job because he was the best candidate. And Beattie must have been the only candidate for his job. Greenturd has got a big mouth now roosters want some money back from him because of what he said about Pearce, they wont be the only ones.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TAB, BOOKIES, BETTING AGENCIES all one in the same. But it’s ruined the game, it’s all about MONEY!! Once this happens there’s no going back.