Standard of NRL at an all time low

Status
Not open for further replies.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our 2004 team would destroy all the teams in this NRL comp.
Lol fans still look back to 2004. It was 13 years ago.

Perhaps you should watch the game and you will see there was approximately 20 errors in the first halve alone.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone notice how much better it was during the Int rep pound where we applauder international rules which means just 1 (one) Referee, what a breath of fresh air it was!!
What I noticed was how many errors the ref missed and know full well that if that had happened in a Dogs game my laptop would have melted with all the screaming from everyone on here that would have called for the execution of the ref. We can't have our cake and eat it to. If we want the 2 ref system to work then we need to let the errors slide like we do for the 1 ref strategy and then it won't be an issue.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8,000 fans on thursday night in that massive stadium.
It's just a bad look for the game in general.
The refs are shocking,we complain about every week about the same things

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's been like that for years.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People have been whining about referees since started watching the game 35 years ago.
They have been whining about refs since 1895.

You don't hear a thing, if your team get the rub of the green.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Perhaps you should watch the game and you will see there was approximately 20 errors in the first halve alone.
Who gives a shit if it was 50 years ago. That team destroys our current team. A max of 2 players from our current team make the starting lineup of our 2004 team.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only seats that Todd Greenberg wants bums on are lounge chairs to placate the telecasters who pay big dollars for the rights to show the game on their station. The ridiculous starting times and use of Thursday nights is simply tailored to suit the broadcasters. I laugh every time I see the adds for NRL club memberships encouragingg fans to get out to the games.

Another down side is that we no longer get three games at a ground; and sometimes if ANZ has been overloaded we only get one, U20 play elsewhere and on another day,unless you are lucky enough to be say Penrith or Newcastle who get quite a few days on which all three grades play at the same venue.

Ticket prices go up but supply of the product goes down. NRL has still not made a decision as to placement of games next year once U20's become redundant as the stepping stone to the NRL. Perhaps they will reinstate Intrust super as the curtain raiser to first grade.
Lets scare everyone off, that should work.
Everyone watch from home.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They have been whining about refs since 1895.

You don't hear a thing, if your team get the rub of the green.
That explains the deafening silence from the Broncos fans over the years.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Same with our 2002 team and with the new cap we'd be just under
The cap in 2002 was less than half what it is now

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That explains the deafening silence from the Broncos fans over the years.
All teams get the rub of the green & all teams get shit calls.

Some fans conveniently forget the rub of the green & only remember the shit calls.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All teams get the rub of the green & all teams get shit calls.

Some fans conveniently forget the rub of the green & only remember the shit calls.
I remember both. In fact I thought that Thaiday ( as much as I do not like him) was very hard done by with the call against him last night but I also remember the Moga try given in a previous game which won the game for the Broncos when tackle was effected in the in goal. ;)

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Just can't bring myself to watch all the matches the way I used to unfortunately. Watching the dogs play is already punishment enough so I don't wanna have to watch the rest of the shit that's dished up tbh.

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still plenty of good footy being played but Im not sure the NRL is marketing its product properly to put bums on seats.
Its as simple as what the afl does, kids free Sundays and giants have kids free every game. Simple stuff that the NRL lacks

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The NRL are gambling on short term profits at the detriment of long term viewers and fans.

The ONLY reason the NRL is doing well financially is through gambling advertising and they receive 7.5% (or more, that was in 2013) of NRL betting income to the gambling companies they partner with.

Once the government restricts gambling advertising their revenue drops and then there's empty stadiums of teams followed by noone with no money to keep star players from going to Union.

But for now everything's gravy with empty stadiums and full wallets.

N

Natboy

The quote was the 2004 team, not the grand final

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The NRL are gambling on short term profits at the detriment of long term viewers and fans.

The ONLY reason the NRL is doing well financially is through gambling advertising and they receive 7.5% (or more, that was in 2013) of NRL betting income to the gambling companies they partner with.

Once the government restricts gambling advertising their revenue drops and then there's empty stadiums of teams followed by noone with no money to keep star players from going to Union.

But for now everything's gravy with empty stadiums and full wallets.
Its going to rock the business big time ! I doubt the Nrl will recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.