News Stand up’: Dogs’ big issue ‘reared its head again’ — and Barrett has run out of patience

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did you miss the part where Waddell shot out of the line and opened the gap? Dufty also didn't cut Averillo out, Averillo literally passed to him lol. Go play some FIFA :tearsofjoy:
Said cutting Avo off. Think he means where he jumped in he’s way and demanded ball

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averilo has been training there all offseason, so i think he will start with Burton. All the halves were terrible last night, Wakeham was the worst, the issue i have with BBO is he is still very young and he needs time in reserve grade. You dont want to kill him off, let him run the reserve grade team and get his confidence up.
It is only trial one, starting 17 next week. I would be more worried if Okinburr is in the starting 17 myself.
What the fuk did the club see in knockobor....does he even learn from his errors? How many Fukien times does he come rushing up and leave his wing? He is as thick as a brick

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have backed avo for the longest time but the lack of improvement in his game last night really was disappointing. He’s gotta prove something next week or we’re gonna have to do something out of the box like play Dufty or Josh cook in the halves. Wakeham and Flanagan have already proven they have nothing to offer and BBO is too raw. We just need someone to give Burton and Dufty early ball and straighten up the attack. Very fucking simple and it doesn’t look like we have anyone who can even do that. Next Monday will be important
Same it was so deflating. I knew when he dropped the ball it would ruin his confidence from that point on, I like the kid but I don’t think he has the mental toughness to be elite its a shame. I hope he proves me wrong.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ok so I haven't been able to watch the game yet. Can anyone give me an UNBIASED/ level headed summary?

From what I can tell, we were obviously rusty and struggled with end of set plays but we finished with a draw when most said Newcastle would blow us off the park without jac, Burton, naden etc.

From what I understand, Newcastle put out a reasonably strong side too. While we no doubt have work to do, is it as bad as everyone is saying? Who was good? Who was bad?
We scored basically two intercept tries. We played our stronger side for longer period than they did. Knights are a bottom club, and should of beat us last night. Fox coming in won’t do a thing with current service. A half makes a winger look good, not the other way round. Gonna be so much pressure on Burton, poor bugger. Our pack was good though. Held there own I guess. Creativity, game management, discipline our usual floors

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Very strong rumours that Adam Reynolds was happy to stay at Souths for 650k
I’m sure an astute negotiator could have got him across for around that money. So yeah not quite Kikau money (considerably less)
Feels like a bit of a kick to the guys especially after we executed our ‘get out of jail free’ card with Elliot and then let Cotric go. (This seems even crazier now watching Okunbor run around last night)
Absolutely makes no sense letting Cotric go and now we have nothing to show for it this year. I’m positive someone would have taken him next year if we still needed to offload cash. I think we all expected a big play with that money but there’s been nothing!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What the fuk did the club see in knockobor....does he even learn from his errors? How many Fukien times does he come rushing up and leave his wing? He is as thick as a brick
Im not sure if he is coached that way, but he isnt reading the play. He is a a confidence player, maybe he needs to get some time in reserve grade. He can play and is a big body so we need him to keep improving his game.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How? Our fullback sits on the right of our halfback?
Just seemed to me that he crowded him, right on him as soon as Avo got the ball, like in he’s pocket. Probably didn’t trust him not to butcher it

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s beyond playable. Biggest momentum killer I’ve seen. Even the misses goes, ooh that was an easy one, how’d he drop that.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just seemed to me that he crowded him, right on him as soon as Avo got the ball, like in he’s pocket. Probably didn’t trust him not to butcher it
Where? Lol. It's literally a basic pass from the first receiver to the second receiver, it's how we should be running plays instead of fucking around with the forwards touching the ball.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im not sure if he is coached that way, but he isnt reading the play. He is a a confidence player, maybe he needs to get some time in reserve grade. He can play and is a big body so we need him to keep improving his game.
Steve Turner was half his size and 2 times better

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone remember the try to Safiti last night i forgot watching now he ran right through Averillo and Jmk untouched they just looked and didnt bother anyone picking them for round 1 needs to log off now they are both fucking shit last night weak as shit in fact i think Averillo needs a spell in reserves because im not even putting him at fullback till he wakes back up

BBO was solid again in defense and i actually liked the look of him at halfback moving around more finally ... a few shit passes but thats alright he was there by himself what did Flanagan do last night nothing was he any chance of doing anything anyway we all know that is no

People say avo had first grade side to deal with blah blah well why let in a weak try then
When did BBO let one in hahahah he got us 1 back to tie up again its like saying if avo played in 2nd half everyone would make the excuse that he played with 2nd grade side and didnt have a chance in FG hahah

Dufty set up 1st try with cutting avo off

Dufty score 2nd try from left side of field

Avo fuck all at halfback in first half would of done fuck all in reserves side also

Even if you put burton with avo he wont do shit

7.BBO

9.Cook

Cant wait
Saves me saying it Donk.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This x 100. It feels like we haven't had a half back for years. Disgraceful management by the club
Who said we didnt make a play for Reynolds
Not every player off contract want to play for us even if the money is overs.