Rumour Staggs, capwell, Clark, haas, papi, naden, Rudolph, which ones can we afford

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In an exclusive interview with Sporting News, however, Rudolf has given the biggest indication that he hopes to remain a Shark.

"This club took me on when I was a QLD Cup bum doing not much," Rudolf said in the lead up to Magic Round.

"To repay that sort of loyalty in me is something I’m looking forward to doing.

"Hopefully we can come to an agreement and get things across the line."

After coming off standout performances in the Queensland Cup, a cruel ACL injury at the end of 2018 ruled out any chance of an NRL debut.

But the Sharks stuck by him and it's something he has never forgotten as they assisted him through his rehabilitation in 2019.

Loyalty can only go so far, however, with the off-contract forward admitting his main goal in this negotiation process is providing himself with long-term security.

He also suggested that he's in no rush to put pen to paper, or in his words: "Whatever happens, happens".

"My whole career so far has been off-contract so last year with the Warriors and this year the same sort of thing coming off as well," Rudolf said.

"It might be nice to have some security, I’m not sure what it’s like so we’ll wait and see."

In this contract year, Rudolf admits he hasn't been at his best and that his "slump" in form has lined up with Cronulla's poor run.