Rumour Staggs, capwell, Clark, haas, papi, naden, Rudolph, which ones can we afford

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncos are going to have to shed some talent, even Haas is surely questioning his 500k deal looking for an upgrade where in my opinion, he’s the best prop in the game narrowly in front of JFH..he’d be unhappy that untried talent like Piakura (400k) and Sualli (500k) are on the same or similar coin
if I was Haas, I would be losing my mind... first prop picked for NSW and Australia and yet on similar money to an untested 18 year old... and locked in to said money for 3 more years

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good luck to Staggs and Brisbane with that deal. I don't see it ending well with more Staggs injuries, him failing at 5/8th or another off field scandal all possibilities. I hope I'm wrong as Staggs is a great player to watch but it's a huge risk at that price.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
if I was Haas, I would be losing my mind... first prop picked for NSW and Australia and yet on similar money to an untested 18 year old... and locked in to said money for 3 more years
If they don't upgrade him soon he'll surely demand a release. They'd be mad not to and I'm surprised they haven't done it by now. Then again with how poorly they're run, nothing is surprising..

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Good luck to Staggs and Brisbane with that deal. I don't see it ending well with more Staggs injuries, him failing at 5/8th or another off field scandal all possibilities. I hope I'm wrong as Staggs is a great player to watch but it's a huge risk at that price.
I try not to hate on these little rugby league fucks. But Staggs at 5/8, Madone. It's gonna end bad. You can almost count on him running the ball on 5th fuckin tackle 20m out. He will be a stronger, faster Milford. At least he has heart unlike that useless **** hair. Fuck Brisbane is all I can say. Biggest sporting brand in Aus my Italian Ass

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they don't upgrade him soon he'll surely demand a release. They'd be mad not to and I'm surprised they haven't done it by now. Then again with how poorly they're run, nothing is surprising..
you would think the Broncos would upgrade Haas' contract as they will likely want him to stay with the club beyond 2024

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he isn't asking for an upgrade, the Broncos don't have to. Maybe they already have upgraded him & the media don't know.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he isn't asking for an upgrade, the Broncos don't have to. Maybe they already have upgraded him & the media don't know.
It's only a matter of time til he does or another club comes in with a big offer. He's criminally underpaid on his current deal. It's in their best interests to upgrade him.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Titans and Eels publicly withdrew there offers. Staggs didn't choose the donkeys. He had no other options on the table.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Broncos previously had one of the highest TPA's out of any club. I think TPA's shouldn't exist.
It will happen under the table anyway if you took away 3rd party arrangements. The way it is now I think it gives successful business that support the club and opportunity to further leverage off the player they are sponsoring so it can be beneficial for both parties.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Broncos previously had one of the highest TPA's out of any club. I think TPA's shouldn't exist.
The Clubs and the NRL (just like any other employer) can't legally deny anyone the right to a second job unless there is a conflict of interest or they can prove that it is affecting their primary job. That is exactly what a TPA is, it's second job for an NRL player.

I can't speak for every player with a TPA but those that I know of all do some work for the third party, whether it be promotional work or other regular activities such as media appearances. Would anyone seriously deny Thurston's right to promote Madison headgear?

Go Dogs

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Clubs and the NRL (just like any other employer) can't legally deny anyone the right to a second job unless there is a conflict of interest or they can prove that it is affecting their primary job. That is exactly what a TPA is, it's second job for an NRL player.

I can't speak for every player with a TPA but those that I know of all do some work for the third party, whether it be promotional work or other regular activities such as media appearances. Would anyone seriously deny Thurston's right to promote Madison headgear?

Go Dogs
But they do deny them second jobs, you can’t go work for a club sponsor on the side.
otherwise laundy could offer the cheese a cleaning contract for all his pubs to make up the money he is looking for.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
But they do deny them second jobs, you can’t go work for a club sponsor on the side.
otherwise laundy could offer the cheese a cleaning contract for all his pubs to make up the money he is looking for.
Of course Hcheese can work for Laundy, anytime, the NRL rules don’t stop that. But the NRL will include any payment for Hcheese when he is playing for us into our Salary Cap, because Laundy Hotels is a sponsor.

There’s no benefit in doing it, but it’s not banned.

Go Dogs

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spoke to an ex dog yesterday at a function, he believes we are very good chances with
Rudolf
Capewell
Cheese
Nothing done but look good atm

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Of course Hcheese can work for Laundy, anytime, the NRL rules don’t stop that. But the NRL will include any payment for Hcheese when he is playing for us into our Salary Cap, because Laundy Hotels is a sponsor.

There’s no benefit in doing it, but it’s not banned.

Go Dogs
aha makes sense

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Go Dogs
I'd rather they remove or up the salary cap instead of have TPA's. Clubs use TPA's to sign or re-sign players for less on the salary cap. It's good for when players/clubs use it for the e.g. you've given but it's also rorted (also location, e.g. Brisbane, and top teams have an added advantage in securing TPA's).

Last edited:

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good on them...TPAS should happen more not less..the players deserve whatever they can.. shortern careers can happen at anytime.. I dont begrudge them..

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good on them...TPAS should happen more not less..the players deserve whatever they can.. shortern careers can happen at anytime.. I dont begrudge them..
Doesn’t that make a mockery of a salary cap though? It isn’t a level playing field

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doesn’t that make a mockery of a salary cap though? It isn’t a level playing field
The fact is the one city and one country teams are advantaged by more TPAs, we also have a team that organises wealthy friends to financially support their players.
Sadly everyone knows about it the media jokes about it but The National Rorts League close their eyes and pretend it's not there :rage:
What a farce !!!