Sponsor

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So you really think making a profit doesn't matter?

I know you aren't stupid so this is you taking your trolling to the next level.

You have outdone yourself Marley.

Well done.

I am proud.

What bridge do you live under? I will send you flowers to mark such a great evolvement in your troll apprenticeship.
We're are FOOTBALL CLUB, did you forget that? What does this "profit" get us? Wins? Good on field performances? Seriously turn it up.

You lot eat this spin up so easily. Pay was one of the lowest paid coaches and took a MAJOR pay cut this season. Coaching department is understaffed, club is understaffed, etc. We're not investing anywhere near enough into the club and that's exactly why we're dead last, but hey we "made a profit". We win the "you made a profit" trophy.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We're are FOOTBALL CLUB, did you forget that? What does this "profit" get us? Wins? Good on field performances? Seriously turn it up.

You lot eat this spin up so easily. Pay was one of the lowest paid coaches and took a MAJOR pay cut this season. Coaching department is understaffed, club is understaffed, etc. We're not investing anywhere near enough into the club and that's exactly why we're dead last, but hey we "made a profit". We win the "you made a profit" trophy.
Where does profit get us?

Are you truly so clueless????

Do you mean apart from the fact that we get to exist and don't go the way of Newtown?

Extra money means buying better players. Buying better facilities.

With more cash we can invest in better facilities.

I know I said you came across as a smart man but I am seriously thinking I overestimated you if you can't understand the benefits of extra cash.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
They don't deserve any money

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Where does profit get us?

Are you truly so clueless????

Do you mean apart from the fact that we get to exist and don't go the way of Newtown?

Extra money means buying better players. Buying better facilities.

With more cash we can invest in better facilities.

I know I said you came across as a smart man but I am seriously thinking I overestimated you if you can't understand the benefits of extra cash.
It's not "extra money", it's money that's already there that they're not investing back into the club. Don't buy the bs spin from these clowns at the club.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It's not "extra money", it's money that's already there that they're not investing back into the club. Don't buy the bs spin from these clowns at the club.
‘Money that’s already there’ - though the league club grant stopped in March. So where is it coming from? Some would have you believe there’s no Laundy money this year. There’s been almost no crowds / merch - granted there’s ANZ money moving games back there from Bankwest. So from where else does this money that’s ‘already there’ come from??

Last edited:

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: who gives a flying fuck..... money comes in next year

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Actually it is extra money.

It has been years since any Football Club in the NRL has made money. All Football Clubs have been propped up by their Leagues Clubs financially for a long time.

With the pandemic this year and Leagues Clubs being closed for and extended period, making a profit is more important than ever.

Where they spend it we won't know until next years Profit & Loss Statements are published along with the Balance Sheet and notes. If you have inside knowledge that no one else is privy to, I would love to see it so please send it to me.

Although I haven't always agreed with you, I have always thought you were an individual who thought for himself, so when did that stop and you just started to go along with the populist opinion?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Actually it is extra money.

It has been years since any Football Club in the NRL has made money. All Football Clubs have been propped up by their Leagues Clubs financially for a long time.

With the pandemic this year and Leagues Clubs being closed for and extended period, making a profit is more important than ever.

Where they spend it we won't know until next years Profit & Loss Statements are published along with the Balance Sheet and notes. If you have inside knowledge that no one else is privy to, I would love to see it so please send it to me.

Although I haven't always agreed with you, I have always thought you were an individual who thought for himself, so when did that stop and you just started to go along with the populist opinion?
Please yourself, believe that they've done an AMAZING job because of this "profit" if it makes you happy.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Never said they have done an amazing job, just that making a profit is better than making a loss.

Love how you jump to conclusions without even reading what I wrote. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
It’s like arguing with Straight18 when he’s learnt to spell and use punctuation.
He’s arguing for the sake of arguing and to constantly be negative, not worth your time mate

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don't all NRL footy clubs get a multi million dollar grant off Vlad's ARLC to help with expenses?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Don't all NRL footy clubs get a multi million dollar grant off Vlad's ARLC to help with expenses?
The grant pays player wages in line with the cap. It’s not for club expenses such as staff costs, rent and other operating costs. It’s not up to the ARLC to ensure clubs have their house in order financially.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you’re saying that financial statements that football club members can receive are fraudulent and the board knowingly sign off on false documentation - correct? You can’t be serious...
And again does anything surprise you these days with the way the current board operates. Look I probably added a bit of gst ontop regarding the bullshit call but I’ve just had enough. They have been in power for 3 years and nothing has improved. More like we have gone backwards. I’ll be happy to eat my words next year if we sign up a few key signings but from the sounds of it the board is relying on Barrett to produce them. The jersey doesn’t attract anymore players and back the in the days players signed for less just to play for the dogs. It’s really depressing

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Couldn’t have said it better my self. Clutching at straws but delivering shit. This infighting isn’t healthy and this board promised stability and success. It’s the total opposite and if people who support this club keep getting sucked into there bullshit then the same people cant have a whinge when we float around the Bottom 8 for the next 3 years. This is a football side and a proud club. We are in the worst position we have ever been in the history of the club and people still give credit to the board Incharge, I totally don’t understand!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
And again does anything surprise you these days with the way the current board operates. Look I probably added a bit of gst ontop regarding the bullshit call but I’ve just had enough. They have been in power for 3 years and nothing has improved. More like we have gone backwards. I’ll be happy to eat my words next year if we sign up a few key signings but from the sounds of it the board is relying on Barrett to produce them. The jersey doesn’t attract anymore players and back the in the days players signed for less just to play for the dogs. It’s really depressing
Irrespective of frustration mate, the numbers don’t lie and they’re externally audited too. So if the financials state a profit, that’s what it is.

Everyone wants to see us improve but the facts haven’t changed. We were told in 2018 in no uncertain terms we would not be in the market for top players until 2021. We’re there now and the cap has been repaired, there’s 7 spots still to be firmed up for next year and another bunch of contracts ending next year. Availability is the key issue - but there will be players added before pre-season.

The cap has been repaired, the coaching staff swapped (Pay’s extension was always to get us to the end of the cap issues and possibly give him an opportunity to coach with a better squad - he failed).

We should definitely improve next year and aim for the finals, with Top 4 being the goal by the following year. Hang in there, better times are ahead (I’ll eat my words this time next year if I’m wrong). Cheers.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Never said they have done an amazing job, just that making a profit is better than making a loss.

Love how you jump to conclusions without even reading what I wrote. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
So you're happy with the club not investing in quality staff or being understaffed in certain areas because it makes a "profit"?

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Spin it how you want;
Given that the Football Club’s core business is winning games & ultimately premierships, the Club’s bottom line is & has been abysmal under the current administration. If it was run like a real business the “Profit Centre” aka The Football Department & playing roster is an utter failure under their watch.
An accounting profit on paper is as relevant as tits on a bull.

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Spin it how you want;
Given that the Football Club’s core business is winning games & ultimately premierships, the Club’s bottom line is & has been abysmal under the current administration. If it was run like a real business the “Profit Centre” aka The Football Department & playing roster is an utter failure under their watch.
An accounting profit on paper is as relevant as tits on a bull.
Without making a profit (whether a grant from the Leagues Club grant is involved or not) the club just wouldn't exist.

In a year where the Leagues club has been forced to be shut, the Football Club making a profit has been more important than ever.

That is not spin. It is the realities of existing in a free market economy.

Glad you aren't letting your prejudices against the board get in the way of the truth.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So you're happy with the club not investing in quality staff or being understaffed in certain areas because it makes a "profit"?
And where did I say that?

All I have stated is that a profit is better than a deficit, especially this year with the Leagues Club closed.

If you have proof the club is misusing money, please share it with all of us.

Put up or shut Marley.

This is the second time in 2 days you have just assumed what I think.

Show me where I have said that I am glad the club is not investing money wisely.

Otherwise this is just an argument going on in your own head.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And where did I say that?

All I have stated is that a profit is better than a deficit, especially this year with the Leagues Club closed.

This is the second time you have just assumed what I think. Put up or shut Marley.

Show me where I have said that.

Otherwise this is just an argument going on in your own head.
So making money is better than losing money, thanks scoop, if only it was that simple.

So if us making a "profit" comes at the cost of us investing money back into the club are you okay with that? Because that is what has happened.