Spine

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we were being told we would have money in the cap. A lot of us main concerns were spending the money in our spine. We supposedly have a “war chest” yet our spine for next year is very underwhelming.

1. ???
6. Burton
7. ???
9. ???

Burton needs help. Smith ain’t coming. Averillo is young. We have no fullback. It’s a massive concern. We seem to not be buying any major spine players. Our middles are lacking. We need to sign 14 players for next season. It’s a massive concern we haven’t signed more players. The more games we lose the more players won’t want to come here.

We could be in a massive hole for the next 10 years if we don’t get the recruitment right and invest heavily in the spine. So far, Barrett is failing with his recruitment. We need to be aggressive and start contacting contracted guns.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Addo car could play fullback or averillo. We need smith or wighton hooker. If not averillo halves with Burton and buy a fullback

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Do we really have a war chest though, we’ve overpaid some duds with time still left on their contracts.

I think some of the off contract players will be re-signed by necessity.

I think we are going to be in a hole for some years to come tbh.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Do we really have a war chest though, we’ve overpaid some duds with time still left on their contracts.

Seems so… longest rebuild ever.!!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

I’m also worried about what’s left of it now that we’ve signed so many duds like Flanagan, Allen and Cotric within that awkward, yet considerable 400-650k salary range.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We're fucked, simple as that. Our recruitment is a fucking joke, imagine chasing big name outside backs and spending millions when your marquee forward signing is fucking Hetherington off the back of re-signing Elliott and Jackson on more than a combined million. Fucking idiots.

The state of the game is also a joke, there's absolutely no contest and there's only one way to play the game. Trying to rebuild a side under these conditions and stupid salary cap restrictions (having to spend 95% of your cap) is extremely difficult.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Our entire squad needs to develop some spine

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. JAC
6. Burton
7. Averillo
9. JMK

is currently how it stands for me. We're fucked if we can't get B. Smith and after today not even sure we're going to be where I first thought even if we signed him. Maybe best case scenario next year is now 12th.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we were being told we would have money in the cap. A lot of us main concerns were spending the money in our spine. We supposedly have a “war chest” yet our spine for next year is very underwhelming.

1. ???
6. Burton
7. ???
9. ???

Burton needs help. Smith ain’t coming. Averillo is young. We have no fullback. It’s a massive concern. We seem to not be buying any major spine players. Our middles are lacking. We need to sign 14 players for next season. It’s a massive concern we haven’t signed more players. The more games we lose the more players won’t want to come here.

We could be in a massive hole for the next 10 years if we don’t get the recruitment right and invest heavily in the spine. So far, Barrett is failing with his recruitment. We need to be aggressive and start contacting contracted guns.
Averillo is shit and should be no where near the first grade team. People gotta stop talking him up as being good.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Addo car
6. Burton
7. Averillo
9. Smith or wighton
14. BBO