Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
good to see my contribution deleted =]

cant take the truth.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
hegarty... m.minichiello... webb... joe williams... hmm pretty much a bunch of nuffies who crossed the road from bondi to redfern and enjoying their retirement fund at soufs sydney
Ok let me get this straight.

Roosters POACH from every club in the NRL
Rabbitohs POACH some nuffies from the Roosters

ANd teh Roosters want to have a cry about it?

Fair enough

B

Ben Godberts

haha true tbh
let him talk 2 souths sonny not stupid enough 2 go there, unless russel starts wooing him with red wine and makes him watch gladiator and secret dinners promising him the world

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
haha true tbh
let him talk 2 souths sonny not stupid enough 2 go there, unless russel starts wooing him with red wine and makes him watch gladiator and secret dinners promising him the world
Possibly the main star in a Hollywood Movie

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

the dogs are always losing players how come the broncos dont lose any.

B

Ben Godberts

cause brisbane boys hate sydney and will stay in qld for less money

M

Mr Miyagi

Cos the broncos have a salary cap exemption along with the roosters.
Players 500 grand a year contracts are stated as 150 grand

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the dogs are always losing players how come the broncos dont lose any.
Because the Bulldogs are surrounded by other teams that are pretty much in the same area. Cronulla, Sydney (Roosters and Rabbitohs), Manly, Parramatta, Balmain/Campbelltown, Penrith and St George are only a maximum of 1hr drive from Canterbury whereas Brisbane, the Cowboys and only recently the Titans are the only teams in the entire state of Qld. Moving from Canterbury to play for the Roosters wont be such a big change as moving from Brisbane to play for the Tigers.

Doggee71

Waterboy
Reaction score
I just think it is very sad that some clubs have to " buy a premiership" rather than breed a future through the development of the young and unknown. history has shown us that buying a p'ship doesnt work..prime example..bulldogs win p'ship one year...parra buy half of team for around $9 mill..(where was the salary cap)..and where did they finish...no where...clubs have been doing it for years and they go no where....

the only two decent clubs in the last 10 years at least...success wise have been canterbury...and the broncos...WHY????
....cause it is these 2 clubs that have a wonderful and successfull development program...

...they create stars not buy them....
that is why player want to play for them and fans love them..and others love to hate them..

in saying that...players do need to look out for themselves financially... as it never lasts that long..and as an ex professional sports person myself..the financial side was always important...

....but you have to enjoy what you are doing and where you are doing it otherwise your performance will deteriorate just simply due to that lack of enjoyment..or motivation..

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
Hey Doggee71, if you don't mind me asking, what sport did you play professionally? Would us kennelers ever have heard of you?

Doggee71

Waterboy
Reaction score
majnoon...ummm no unfortunately...it was big in this country...but u cant make a living here...america..now love it...so do the asian countries..and of course europe..and some of the middle east...all of the above places being bases for the pros...and believe it or not a place to earn real good money...

dont laugh....the sport.....squash..

K

kennyy

Soliola: all of those players left the roosters because the place is a transit lounge. They wern't wanted by the club and the club bought what they thought were replacements very quickly

and as for your poaching look who they bought to replace players like shannon heggarty; amos roberts and joel monoghan who i think were the top tryscorers the yr before?

think about what you're saying next time..

Status
Not open for further replies.