News Souths on verge of bombshell $3.4m Wighton coup as Bunnies’ trump card revealed —

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
850k for a 5/8 at the end of his career to play in the centres.. fill ya boots.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next minute south’s win the premiership before he arrives and don’t win it again while he’s there. Wouldn’t that be ironic!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At least Jack isn’t going to have to go all the way to Brokeback Mountain with Trell for their ‘getaways’ anymore.
he’ll be able to feltch Rusty’s loads from Trells ass whenever they want him to.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a joke. Goes to test the market. Signs for 300K less than other offers. Yeah that makes sense.

I still can’t see how Souths fit him under the cap. They’ll be losing quality young players. I’d take either of Graham or Kaeon. Make it happen Gus. Even Tatola is good value for a prop.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And this is why the salary cap should be blown up and removed . Clubs like rosters and south’s who have corporate backing can give additional money via TPA whilst other clubs are restricted what they can pay even if they can afford it .
We all know he is not forgoing 300k /1.2m over 4 years on his last contract that is for four years.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So many players on south roster could help us. Knight also underrated

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What a joke. Goes to test the market. Signs for 300K less than other offers. Yeah that makes sense.

I still can’t see how Souths fit him under the cap. They’ll be losing quality young players. I’d take either of Graham or Kaeon. Make it happen Gus. Even Tatola is good value for a prop.
He’s not worth what the raiders are offering that price is a joke, so same value as Cleary and Munster? Come on.

He’s actually signed for what I think he’s worth and a true market value, if he wants a crack at winning a premiership more power to him I don’t doubt for a lot of players that’s a big goal.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be interesting to see what the NRL do as he’s reportedly signed for 850K. And Raiders offered 1.1. If it’s a case of Dolphins also offered him around 1 mil, could the NRL determine his market value higher then the 850? You’d assume so. But we all know the NRL will brush it under the carpet.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Be interesting to see what the NRL do as he’s reportedly signed for 850K. And Raiders offered 1.1. If it’s a case of Dolphins also offered him around 1 mil, could the NRL determine his market value higher then the 850? You’d assume so. But we all know the NRL will brush it under the carpet.
I remember hearing his contract in the last 2 years will be more than the first 2 years...

So hell be paid as a centre for the first 2 then once Walker is done he will be paid as a 5/8.

Fcuk em, let them have him... He is good but seriously living off one awesome season and the Wabbits will lose their depth.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If they go down the notional value path they will be opening up a huge can of worms. I can think of heaps of instances where players have allegedly gone to other clubs for less money. Sualli and Cheese for instance both went to the Roosters for less than what was offered to them by their clubs. Can't remember anyone talking about notional value then.

As someone else said I think 850K is about right for Wighton at his stage of his career. Ricky Lodging an unsigned contract for way more than what he is worth means fuck all imo.