Not open for further replies.

***eMd0g***

Go hYtEc c0nCrEaTe!!!
Reaction score
saw this article on the souths forum take a geeze
Anasta can't talk to Souths
By Steve Jancetic
June 21, 2005

OFF-contract Bulldogs star Braith Anasta has been denied permission to negotiate with South Sydney as the NRL club's chances of keeping gun forward Willie Mason appear to be worsening.

Anasta's manager, Greg Willett, tried to accelerate a decision on the 23-year-old's future by bringing forward talks with the Rabbitohs ahead of the NRL's June 30 anti-tampering deadline.

The Rabbitohs are rumoured to be putting together an offer of up to $500,000 a season for the New South Wales pivot.

But Bulldogs media manager Chris O'Brien said the club had rejected Willett's request as the club failed to see how the move would enhance the Bulldogs' chances of re-signing Anasta.

Willett, who said he had yet to personally hear a reply from the club, said the Bulldogs had only delayed the inevitable.

"I am going to go and see Souths about it, so if I have to wait until June 30 to see Souths, that's fine," Willett said.

"I know what Canterbury is offering me but I don't know what Souths are going to offer, so I'm going to wait to find out when I can talk to Souths."

Willett said he spoke to the Bulldogs at a dinner on Friday about talking to the Rabbitohs before June 30.

"I said: Why don't you give me permission ... to go and see Souths and see what it really is?" Willett said.

Advertisement:
"They said: Yeah, that's not a bad idea, we'll have a talk about it over the weekend and we'll let you know Monday morning.
"I never heard nothing on Monday morning so I thought, that's fine, that means they're not going to go ahead and do it. I don't have a problem with that."

Negotiations between the Bulldogs and Mason have also reached a standstill after talks broke down yesterday.

Mason, rumoured to be in the sights of the Sydney Roosters and the Sharks, is set to test his value on the open market.

Melbourne is also waiting nervously for a response from one of its stars.

The Storm has tabled offers to halfback Matt Orford and Sydney Roosters backrower Michael Crocker.

The club has asked for responses before the anti-tampering deadline expires.

English Super League clubs have expressed interest in Orford, and he is believed to be in the sights of the Gold Coast franchise for its inaugural team in 2007.

"It is coming towards that crunch time," Storm chief executive Brian Waldron said.

"We will know more about Orford probably tomorrow.

"We told Michael we will come back to him in a week and let him take that time to go and think about it."

AAP

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
i dont really see nothing wrong its only 7 days early
but the right thing would be to negotiate after june 30

Stubbsie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
True its only 7 days Souths will get a chance to talk with him in the near future.

C

Cookie^Monstah

lalalallala july 1 lalalalallaaaaaa
then the truth comes out lalalalalaaaaaaa

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
The point is, why have an anti tampering deadline if its not to be enforced?

the NRL should make it a rule, that NO ONE is allowed to talk before then. That will stop managers left, right and centre saying, "well we are going to talk to them anyway, just let us do it now"

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
***eMd0g*** said:
i agree...y are they in such a hurry?
Greg Willett is afraid that Souths might use up all their money on Matt Orford and not have enough money for Braith?

Maybe, I dunno, just speculating ..

***eMd0g***

Go hYtEc c0nCrEaTe!!!
Reaction score
i just dont get it though...if they know souths are offering him a good offer than ye wait till june 30th...i dont see why they're so anxious...

ibeme

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't know about this decision. Knowing what Braith was going to do before July 1 might have given the club a clearer picture of where they stand in the juggle with Braith and Mason.

Now it seems as though they'll be trying to juggle both on the hop, while competing with an unkown quantity from other clubs

***eMd0g***

Go hYtEc c0nCrEaTe!!!
Reaction score
they had a deal though with orford and anasta...i dont see why they stuck to it! they couldve waited 1 week

***eMd0g***

Go hYtEc c0nCrEaTe!!!
Reaction score
they want him to "come home"thats why he's being offered that much!

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
12:01 am July 1st- Mason signs with Roosters
12:02 am July 1st- Anasta signs with Rabbitohs

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
bLuE n WhItE bLoOd said:
12:01 am July 1st- Mason signs with Roosters
12:02 am July 1st- Anasta signs with Rabbitohs
Yeah we'l all be snoring & then wake up 2 the bad news.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Souths are so desperate it is ridiculous they dont care about the anti tampering rule cause Braith is just having lunch with his uncle.If Braith and Willie are reasonable they should relise they will stay at a winning club,they wont win no premiership at the roosters,sharks or rabbits.Winning counts the most and money cant replace the feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.