Opinion SOS Shane Flanagan

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Refs didn’t help but you can’t keep blaming them bro. All south’s try’s were preventable we were just not good enough in defence. There’s no grit no urgency I blame the coach and the captain for this. In all honesty I think Jackson’s poor pass that created a knock on fkd us we score 12-0 or even a repeat set putting more pressure on south’s but nah we put the pressure back on us lol.
We were going ok until Sutton

Mightydogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
Throw the kitchen sink at Bellamy or I know his unproven but I’d go for ciraldo over Flanagan

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I agree we got starved of possession and reffed out of the game. Though think it’s safe to say a few players are hurting us majorly (Jackson sadly, Jmk is trash, averilo was poor, wakeham is wasted on bench, wtf is our back row options outside tpj?)

Though after that it’s
Time to fucking look at the coach and yeh baz is outside his depths I’m starting to come round to flano.

Baz has done a wonderful job landing is some quality especially with kikau and Mahoney coming (I’d say Gus is a major factor) though we are just shit.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Throw the kitchen sink at Bellamy or I know his unproven but I’d go for ciraldo over Flanagan
Ciraldo will look as silly as Barrett, Penrith are the best team in the world right now. Shane will get more respect.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ll give it a go but don’t think it’ll be any good.

Chorus
Ohhhh Shane flanagannnn
Ohhhh Shane flanagannnn
Ohhhh Shane flanagannnn

Oh where is Shane Flanagan
Head worse than Pat carrigan
Dogs been coppin some heat
So let’s bring in the cheat
And we’ve been missing The Tank
So come on and sprinkle some Dank

Ohhhh Shane flanagannnn
Ohhhh Shane flanagannnn
Ohhhh Shane flanagannnn
lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Won't be surprised if he is gone by half way through the year.
If we don't win another game from here to round 11 and lose to Tigers, he will surely be gone. Or at least a board meeting to plead his case

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If these players haven’t learned the basics by now, then Baz has no hope in hell of teaching them now.

This year again, why are our guys so unfit compared to every other team.

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Barrett always talks well like he knows what he is talking about but he always has a dumb look on his face!!!

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score
It's not about today's performance. It's everything. The wrestle, attack, defence, team selection, the lack of improvement in individual players, the loser mindset. Flanno Snr would improve all those areas. It might not have gotten us the win today but over the long term he'd turn us into a top 4 team
Well fucking said mate! Absolutely nailed it on the head... its not about this one performance, the referee or JMK getting 10 in the bin! Its the garbage footy we have been playing for the 2nd year running under Baz... there has been no improvement! We sre regressing and have gone backwards... defence structures are horrible! Every time a team is in out 10-20m zone I just expect them to score... we don't dominate tackles, we don't hit them hard and drive them back, there is no aggression! We just seem to hold them and softly wrestle the opposition to the ground, its fuckin pussy shit... they are grown men and they are highly paid NRL athletes! Not acceptable... every other team races up aggressively off of their defensive line, hits our ball runners and drives them back putting them on their back... then it's a slow play the ball! Then it happens all over again...

Our attack is non existent! No depth, no set plays (1 set play tonight and we scored) its just pass it through the back line hoping for some individual brilliance... its just pass it and hope something will happen! Everything just looks slow, clunky and pedestrian... its so upsetting and frustrating to see my bulldogs play this way and once again planted at the bottom of the table with worst attack and worst defence! This isn't the bulldogs, something needs to be done about this ASAP

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flannos a gronk and a drug cheat get someone else

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we don't win another game from here to round 11 and lose to Tigers, he will surely be gone. Or at least a board meeting to plead his case
We don't have that long. The shit has to stop. One last chance against Broncos. They are shit as well. A good yardstick. Lose & gooooone!!!

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were going ok until Sutton
Refs didn’t make Jackson pass dumb, or lay on players after tackle complete or jmk pause before he passes and the dumb decisions jmk makes like passing to short side with 5 players marking 2 of of ours. We were going alright until Jackson fucked that pass near the try line on the 2nd tackle. It all went down hill after that.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I used to listen to Gus podcast, prior to Gus being affiliated with us again he said that Barrett was good at Penrith but needed to be patient when accepting a head coaching gig again. He said he shouldn't take the first thing offered to him and that the Bulldogs would be a big job/risk if he did accept it. He also said there's a risk when an assistant knocks back too many opportunities as they can get overlooked in the future but Gus more or less said about Barrett be careful what you wish for as failing might end your head coaching career.

I got the feeling back then Gus wasn't confident Barrett could handle it. Gus didn't sign him so I could see Gus sacking Barrett much like he did with Ivan.

For 2023 our roster would be appealing to a new coach, I think we would have more candidates than what we did before signing Barrett

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
If these players haven’t learned the basics by now, then Baz has no hope in hell of teaching them now.

This year again, why are our guys so unfit compared to every other team.
Mate i thought this too, why the fuck are we beating up teams in the first 20 and then get hammered for the next 60. I think its a combination of our fitness, conditioning but also a big factor is how we get dominated in the ruck as the game goes on, slow play the balls in attack and giving away fast play the balls in defence