Reaction score
1. Dufty
7. Wakeham
9. JMK

Vs

1. Paps
7. Hughes
9. Grant

What did you guys expect? We were in their half and couldn't score we've improved a lot from last year but we don't have the players in key positions until next year but we still need a decent half back. I'd keep the same line up for this week

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Dufty
7. Wakeham
9. JMK

Vs

1. Paps
7. Hughes
9. Grant

What did you guys expect? We were in their half and couldn't score we've improved a lot from last year but we don't have the players in key positions until next year but we still need a decent half back. I'd keep the same line up for this week
That’s not an excuse fuck melbourne… under dean pay with a clown team we almost beat them in Melbourne
and stop saying until next year

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can you please name these better options available at the moment ?
Ciraldo and Brentnell from the Storm.

The more I think about Flanagan the worse of an option he is. How many head coach jobs have been available since 2018 and Flanagan has never been a serious contender it’s only his mouthpiece Rothfeild that ever links him to anything.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The more I think about Flanagan the worse of an option he is. How many head coach jobs have been available since 2018 and Flanagan has never been a serious contender it’s only his mouthpiece Rothfeild that ever links him to anything.
Cameron won’t come anywhere near this poisoned chalice. If he leaves the Panthers it’ll be to take up the offer as Bennett’s assistant.

Brentnall????? Seriously never been a head coach. Was Opes’ assistant at the Storm in ‘98.
His forte has been junior development & is currently chair of the VRL.
It’s not panic stations just yet!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cameron won’t come anywhere near this poisoned chalice. If he leaves the Panthers it’ll be to take up the offer as Bennett’s assistant.

Brentnall????? Seriously never been a head coach. Was Opes’ assistant at the Storm in ‘98.
His forte has been junior development & is currently chair of the VRL.
It’s not panic stations just yet!
I have heard a lot different about Ciraldo he’s available for sure.

Marc not Greg. Marc has been Bellemy’s understudy at the Storm for years.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m convinced dymick should’ve been our coach. Both times he was able to have short stints as head coach the players lifted to another level. He even made you boys want Michael lichaa re-signed because of how much he lifted under him lol. Yes I’m still filthy we chose that softy dean pay over dymick and then backstreet boy Trent Barrett

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Straight from the horse’s mouth- categorically & emphatically no.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Dufty
7. Wakeham
9. JMK

Vs

1. Paps
7. Hughes
9. Grant

Bellamy Vs Barrett. What did you expect!

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

As for Marc, again never been a head coach creditted for the Storm’s attack for the past 2 seasons- seems eerily parallel to Baz’s history.
Not even in the reckoning…

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
As for Marc, again never been a head coach creditted for the Storm’s attack for the past 2 seasons- seems eerily parallel to Baz’s history.
Not even in the reckoning…
I didn’t say he was in the reckoning it’s just a option I prefer to Flanagan.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'd wait for when Madge becomes available, shouldn't be to long with how things are going at the tigers,
when they sack Madge I recon they will go for Flanagan with or without petides, (mind you the tigers and us could both use some ATM).
I'd be confident that he would take the job, even if only to give his son another oppurtunity which he wont get anwhere else.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd wait for when Madge becomes available, shouldn't be to long with how things are going at the tigers,
when they sack Madge I recon they will go for Flanagan with or without petides, (mind you the tigers and us could both use some ATM).
I'd be confident that he would take the job, even if only to give his son another oppurtunity which he wont get anwhere else.
He’s been available for over 4 years and no club has gone near him so he’s going to take anything he can get now.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s been available for over 4 years and no club has gone near him so he’s going to take anything he can get now.
Not sure where you get your info. Flanno was suspended indefinitely end of 2018. 12 months later he applied and was allowed to return as an assistant at the Dragons. His services were no longer needed when Mary was replaced by Hook.
Like him or loathe he’s the best credentialed available right now. He’s won a premiership, coached Australian Schoolboys, SOO assistant to Bellamy, etc etc. Well respected & regarded by most who have played under him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure where you get your info. Flanno was suspended indefinitely end of 2018. 12 months later he applied and was allowed to return as an assistant at the Dragons. His services were no longer needed when Mary was replaced by Hook.
Like him or loathe he’s the best credentialed available right now. He’s won a premiership, coached Australian Schoolboys, SOO assistant to Bellamy, etc etc. Well respected & regarded by most who have played under him.
So he hasn’t coached since 2018? How much has the game changed since then? He was known for his grinding style of football which is even more outdated after the game has been sped up.

His premiership came under very dubious circumstances with a cap that was blown either side of 2016 but magically ok in the premiership year. To his credit he has won a comp but his biggest other positive is his experience which loses a lot of its lustre when he’s had such a lack of recent experience.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Out of curiosity bro… what do you like about Madge? Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t this his 4th year at the tigers and seemingly worse each year? From memory his last few years at Souths weren’t great either so it’s been a long time since he’s had any coaching success.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Or Holbrook. Seriously what's so special about him?
I don’t get the Holbrook hype either tbh. There is really only a handful of coaches that you might say would have us travelling better and that would be coaches that have an aura.. Bellamy. Bennett, Robbo. Mind you I don’t rate Cleary that highly and Penrith won the comp and will go close again this year… sometimes it’s the people around the coach also.