SOS call to Foran

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can never bag someone that does 50-60 tackles a game ,he's not a bad player and I'd say been told to not run much and just defend and throw clean ball from des ,he is not our issue

GHs

Waterboy
Reaction score
A halfback Des can trust? Lol yh na. What a load of rubbish. This is the footy DES WANTS to play, everyone wants to look past that for some reason. This is Des ball. Des has been here for how many years and all he has done is blow money of forwards. That ridiculous offer to Fifita is a perfect example.
Des plays the team
The way he does because we have no halfs simple

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des plays the team
The way he does because we have no halfs simple
This comment is 100% spot on. You can only work with the tools you have. We just don't have a DCE or JT. Des tried to get Foran twice and Foran told him to fuck off so I have no idea why people want him to try again and hope for a different result. Foran is no longer relevant to rugby league anyway
but yet he re-signed both these halves in his tenure ??

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
And spent huge $$$ on forwards instead.
because that's the game plan des wants ... so its pretty hard to blame the halves when the game plan doesn't involve them LOL

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The more I hear about Foran and his extra curricular activities the happier I am he never ended up at the Dogs.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
because that's the game plan des wants ... so its pretty hard to blame the halves when the game plan doesn't involve them LOL
But na, lets blame the "tools" Des has for the game plan...not like he has been here for 5 years or anything haha.

How often do we hear when we sign a reserve/fringe player that "Des has chased him for x years"? Lichaa, Gavet, RFM and now Brenko Lee. But yh, lets still blame the tools Des has.

But wait.. he chased JT and Foran. Wow. He chased the 2 highest paid halves in the game while he continued to recruit and retain the highest paid forward pack in the game. See any problems there? Lol.

Meanwhile the sharks during this period managed to sign Townsend, Maloney and Ennis. They managed to recruit a kicking game, goal kicker, experience, leadership, composure and a genuine halves combination in a single offseason.

Why didn't Des look at these or similar players..why did he continue to chase reserve graders or out and out superstars that were never going to sign. Can he only win a comp with massive backended deals or a star halves pairing?

Des recruited this squad, Des developed these structures and this is the footy that DES WANTS.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He needs us and we need him ,as long he's not involved in the betting on games thing of course

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Throw as much money as possible at Foran. Had we had him in either the 2012 and 2014 GF we would've had at least 1 premiership.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Because their spine were light years ahead of our so called spine.

We have:-

A winger/centre playing fullback except on Sundays

A hooker who is a nut case with a shit kicking game and no game reading skills playing 5/8th

A glorified centre with no organising or kicking skills playing halfback

An EX attacking hooker who has been turned into a tackling machine by a supercoach
In short, we have Des
We need Foran. Simple. The dogs are rudderless with our halves in charge. Liccha needs to lift his game as he hasn't impressed me in attack at all. We need a general who can command the play and direct our players around the park. Way too many times our players look lost, lazy & disorganised. Des will bring out the best in Foran and with a stable club he'll thrive in it. Because mbye is on a long term contract that'll mean Reynolds will be the fall guy.
We don't need Foran, we need a new coach ASAP

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Slander, rumour, or fact?

If your hearing things on social media, chances are they are wrong.
I definately don't believe what i read on social media. I just know one guy who knows a lot of players.

I have no interest in saying anything further as:

- if my guy is wrong (and there's every chance he could be) i have caused unneccesary slander.
- even if it was true i don't think its my place to repeat what I was told.

TBH overall I don't care about player gossip and don't seek it out and rarely comment on what I hear. I only really mentioned it as my friend and I were discussing it (amoungst other things) over a couple of quiet ones a few days ago.

But I will say that I don't think Foran is a good idea for the dogs at the moment.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran is CRAP. Shit at the Eels and terrible the last year at Manly. He probably wants stupid amount of money. Don't want anymore exManly players.

Looks like Hastings has been dropped by the chooks. Won't be long before he is shopped around. He has a decent kicking game and because of Roosters overall poor form he won't cost the world.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I definately don't believe what i read on social media. I just know one guy who knows a lot of players.

I have no interest in saying anything further as:

- if my guy is wrong (and there's every chance he could be) i have caused unneccesary slander.
- even if it was true i don't think its my place to repeat what I was told.

TBH overall I don't care about player gossip and don't seek it out and rarely comment on what I hear. I only really mentioned it as my friend and I were discussing it (amoungst other things) over a couple of quiet ones a few days ago.

But I will say that I don't think Foran is a good idea for the dogs at the moment.
I don't know the guy personally, but I have close friends who know Liam and Kieran very closely (having played with both of them).

Suffice to say they only have good things to say about Kieran, and are hoping he can really get his life back on track.

He's one of the genuinely nice blokes in the NRL.

Foran is not only injured he has been stood down by the NRL. Brett Stewart is in the same category, as is Feleti Mateo and Luke Burgess
The NRL have not stood Foran down. It was misreported Parramatta had, when in fact it was a mutually agreed cessation of his contract.

Jackson.CT

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
The ting i do not get is HOW THE FUCK THEY HAVE NOT IMPROVED THERE KICKING GAME, Moses has a non existant kicking game and Reynolds occasionally pulls out the good kick, but they are not getting any better. Unfortunately one of them will have to go( or as I suggest Mbye to centre or fullback) and be replaced by a semi decent half with a kicking game.

DrBulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
so some inside info (rumor alert but from a good source inside the bulldogs), foran will be signing for 4 yrs starting next yr. obviously making it a very similar time frame with Des' new contract.
if this is true, either reynolds is on the outer, however in my opinion, remove lichaa and put reynolds at his original position at hooker.

doggi3s

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
so some inside info (rumor alert but from a good source inside the bulldogs), foran will be signing for 4 yrs starting next yr. obviously making it a very similar time frame with Des' new contract.
if this is true, either reynolds is on the outer, however in my opinion, remove lichaa and put reynolds at his original position at hooker.
Couldn't agree more with you. His a live wire player and he would spark us up playing back at hooker.

Status
Not open for further replies.