News Sophia Floersch's HUGE Formula 3 crash.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Deserves it's own thread.... pay close attention to how it unfolds before the commentators realise the severity of the accident.

Have a look at the entry speed (approx 280kph) she carries into the collision.

17 year old German driver Sophia suffered a fractured spine and has been operated on and is expected to have a full recovery.

Several media people in the media building that got hit were taken to hospital with head, neck, and arm injuries and are expected to recover.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
FMD that's bad. You don't realise until you see it on replay in slow mo just how bad it was. She was well airborne at the time by the looks of it. Man she's lucky it wasn't more serious.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If I had a massive accident like that, I'd want be in a F1 car...

Aren't they the safest cars on earth?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If I had a massive accident like that, I'd want be in a F1 car...

Aren't they the safest cars on earth?
One of... I mean you're talking 320kph+ down some of the straights.

Much like Top Fuel Dragsters and other tube/rail cars, the car is actually designed to break up/absorb some of the impact whilst leaving the main cockpit intact.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of... I mean you're talking 320kph+ down some of the straights.

Much like Top Fuel Dragsters and other tube/rail cars, the car is actually designed to break up/absorb some of the impact whilst leaving the main cockpit intact.
That's why I think MotoGP riders are freaks. They will hit the same speeds down the straight, this year Andrea Dovizioso broke the speed record in MotoGP by doing 356kph. These guys are only on bikes, no real protection around them except their helmet and racing suit.

As for the f3 crash, that was crazy how much air time she got. Must have been airborne for at least 30 meters.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did she survive that crash? Looks like she hit the wall going so fast! Man that’s terrible I hope she isn’t paralysed if she survives?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did she survive that crash? Looks like she hit the wall going so fast! Man that’s terrible I hope she isn’t paralysed if she survives?
It was mentioned in the first post.

17 year old German driver Sophia suffered a fractured spine and has been operated on and is expected to have a full recovery.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That's why I think MotoGP riders are freaks. They will hit the same speeds down the straight, this year Andrea Dovizioso broke the speed record in MotoGP by doing 356kph. These guys are only on bikes, no real protection around them except their helmet and racing suit.

As for the f3 crash, that was crazy how much air time she got. Must have been airborne for at least 30 meters.
Pretty sure the MotoGP guys are pretty much wearing a human airbag. If they come off at speed it inflates around them like a human zorb ball.

Still, I wouldn't be hedging my bets that it'll save me at 300+kph.

That part that hit home for me is the video from the stands, then she just screams past like a missile and launches into the media box.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s a miracle that no one died in that crash.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
That part that hit home for me is the video from the stands, then she just screams past like a missile and launches into the media box.
And just like the sheep they are, everyone gets out their phones and start recording it!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the MotoGP guys are pretty much wearing a human airbag. If they come off at speed it inflates around them like a human zorb ball.

Still, I wouldn't be hedging my bets that it'll save me at 300+kph.

Didn't save this bloke lol theres another video with the aftermath he hit a gaurd rail it diced him up real good the head came clean off
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...BMAB6BAgLEAU&usg=AOvVaw1VBuc3UHxuLL60oWcIpNqf

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Serves the dickhead right for riding like that on a public road. Darwinism at it's finest.
Judging by the way his leg was ripped of i dare say he lost his dick, and his head was a fair way from what was left of his body