Sonny Bill Williams reportedly considering $5 million return to rugby league with Toronto Wolfpack

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rug...lfpack/ar-BBTUPKL?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=mailsignout

Sonny Bill Williams is reportedly considering a big-money offer from Canada-based English Championship club Toronto Wolfpack from next season.

The 33-year-old is in the final year of his contracts with Super Rugby club the Blues and the New Zealand Rugby Union.

Earlier this month the former Canterbury Bulldogs and Sydney Roosters star conceded this season could be his last in the 15-man code, sparking speculation he could return to the Chooks in 2020.

But as first reported by Fox Sports, the Wolfpack last year offered Williams a $5 million deal to finish his career in the second-tier English competition.

The Wolfpack narrowly missed promotion to the English Super League last campaign but are considered a strong chance to join the top flight next season.
Williams remains in contention for a third Rugby World Cup campaign with the All Blacks in the 2019 World Cup in Japan beginning in September.

He has played 51 Tests for the All Blacks in two stints in rugby after first switching codes in 2008 following his infamous mid-season defection from the Bulldogs.

The Kiwi international returned to the NRL in 2013, winning the premiership with the Roosters before returning to rugby at the end of the 2014 season.

He reportedly has a handshake agreement with Roosters supremo Nick Politis to play for the Chooks if he ever returns to the NRL.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Not that I give a rats arse about this Karmichael, but I have no idea why the Wolfpack would pay overs for a player in the twilight of his career especially considering he's English Prone and by that stage, would've have played Rugby League at the elite level in over 5 years.

Whatever... let them throw their money away and go bankrupt!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
SBW will go wherever the money is.

To be fair even I'd take up that offer if I was him.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I would too. I just wish clubs would recruit players that actually deserve it, not guys like this fruit loop. I can't believe it... $5,000,000 for him? LOL.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is he still playing?

Canis Maximus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good to see Sonny Bill Squillions at it again.
Still overrated and still overpaid

Thank you Next

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why not JT? He was still leading in try assists last year.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Money bill BIG pay day aye!! Well there you have it!! And So it continues.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Meh, still a dog and I don't mean a Bulldog.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They really have it all wrong... imagine how many quality SL players they could buy with that coin though once they are promoted.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Mate if they were going to pay me that much id do it naked. Good luck to him ay. If he can get someone to pay him that much, good on him lol.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lol at people ripping into SBW because a club wants to offer him big money. Every single one of us would accept that deal

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd take the coin whilst singing "Money for Nothing" as I signed on the dotted line.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is he worth that now? No. Does he bring in massive revenue, fans, ticket sales? Yes. All which Canada needs to expand league.

He’s a piece of shit but I can see why they want to sign him, same as when Beckham signed for LA or Miami footy club or whatever the fuck it was.

Even Hayne probably paid for himself in new Australian fans and sold jerseys.