Sonny Bill Williams faces fury of Toulon boss Mourad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mash

Kennel Established
Reaction score
By Nick Walshaw
September 15, 2008 10:00am

SONNY Bill Williams could be pressured into making an early return from his fractured right fibula - especially after furious Toulon president Mourad Boudjellal called a series of crisis meetings at the weekend.

Despite being only a month into the French Top 14 season, The Daily Telegraph understands the millionaire businessman is growing increasingly frustrated with both the SBW injury and performances of his team.

"Poor old Sonny has no idea what he's in for," says one French source. "Missing three weeks over here, it's like sitting out the year. I know Mourad has already called crisis meetings to talk about injuries, their training methods . . . he's even accused some in his team of playing without soul."

The flamboyant boss has questioned why his players aren't doing opposed training sessions, while All Blacks superstar Jerry Collins copped a blast for training in sneakers.

This latest chapter in the SBW saga comes in contrast to the quiet exit to France made by Mark Gasnier at the weekend.

Earthquake

In Des We Trust
Reaction score
Surely Uncle Mal and Dr George weren't as crazy as Mourad Boudjellal!

dog on guard

mighty doggies
Reaction score
who cares forget about him benji marshall will be there soon
apparantly he is asking for a release 2 injury prones good ridence

Mash

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This article is currently the lead article on the Daily Telegraph website. They will cop a hammering in their comments about the article, about how this is not news etc.

M

MrCharisma

Karma is creeping in slowly... I hope his two year stay in France is as miserable as the Bulldogs 2008 season ended up being. Heartless prick!

Bulldog Bandit

Kennel Established
Reaction score
HAHA!!! And the Bulldogs treated him like cattle Its good to see that Toulon are really looking after him. Im so glad that he cant come back to the NRL until 2013. I guess he is learning the hard way that greed doesn't equal happiness.

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
as if he didn't see this coming :P
well, he certainly aint our problem anymore :grinning:
KARMA is a B***H $BW. didnt you know?

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Sincerely i hope he goes well. What he did to the club was wrong but i don't want to wish injury or pain upon him. No one deserves to go through hell

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
That's what you call treating players like cattle.

Bulldogs many times would give him a week off when in reality if it was a grand final he probably would of played.

over there he's been out for 4 weeks and the boss is already infuriated.

Enjoy your **** stay sonny.

Status
Not open for further replies.