Sonny Bill Williams crowned world's best rugby league player

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He played for Scotland in the WC. I only saw the one game of his and he has a brilliant kicking game. If his kicking game is like that all the time then it's better than anyone in the NRL. His kickoffs were like midfield bombs. They go up and across field giving all the chasers heaps of time to get the ball. It was brilliant. he had a decent running game from what I remember also.

He was the Super League Man of Steel.
Super League is still second rate to NRL, I guess we wont know if he is good unless he comes to Aus and kills it but being the age of 30 its unlikely.

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He played for Scotland in the WC. I only saw the one game of his and he has a brilliant kicking game. If his kicking game is like that all the time then it's better than anyone in the NRL. His kickoffs were like midfield bombs. They go up and across field giving all the chasers heaps of time to get the ball. It was brilliant. he had a decent running game from what I remember also.

He was the Super League Man of Steel.
I'm not denying he doesn't have a brilliant kicking game but the grounds Scotland played on are smaller than the ones used in the NRL.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good to see Thurston get the best player in the World Cup awards, shat on SBW.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
it's a good point, I think we win in 2012 guaranteed
Agreed, in 2012 we would of demolished teams much harder with a play maker like Thuston taking control when needed.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
By the same token how many premierships would Thurston have won with us from 2004 onwards if he had stayed

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The whole NZ team is under fire for failing to mount a fightback, they looked desperate in the face of an Aussie side that beat them early mentally with speed and class, is this the end of Kearny as a coach?

From NRL.com

Despite the loss, Kearney believes the future is bright for the Kiwis and the tide can turn with the likes of Cameron Smith, Johnathan Thurston and Billy Slater all in their 30s and unlikely to be around for Australia in the long term.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The whole NZ team is under fire for failing to mount a fightback, they looked desperate in the face of an Aussie side that beat them early mentally with speed and class, is this the end of Kearny as a coach?

From NRL.com

Despite the loss, Kearney believes the future is bright for the Kiwis and the tide can turn with the likes of Cameron Smith, Johnathan Thurston and Billy Slater all in their 30s and unlikely to be around for Australia in the long term.
Probably the only way NSW will win a series as well

Status
Not open for further replies.