Something wrong with the Dogs or Rugby League?

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
If it's actually a good system and it works.

Doesn't look like it's good or even works with our F/A
no, eventually you need to give the guy who's actually trying to implement change otherwise you're just chasing your own tail which this clubs done since des left

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
no, eventually you need to give the guy who's actually trying to implement change otherwise you're just chasing your own tail which this clubs done since des left
He is trying to bring the Penrith defence style to a bunch of reserve graders at best. It's either they haven't got what it takes to defend that way or they don't want to defend that way.

Obviously it's not working and needs to be remedied.

Plus we are still chasing our tail with the assistant, which ultimately falls on Gus for picking him over Flanno, a hard arsed premiership winner.

WFC03

Waterboy
Reaction score
The fact that the bottom 3 teams got smashed this weekend tells us that there's something really wrong with the game. The salary cap is not working if there is such a big margin between the bottom 3 teams and the others atop the competition.
There is a problem with the salary cap when teams are FORCED to spend 95% of it every year on players who don’t deserve it. Our squad is lucky if it is with half the cap but we have to inflate salaries because of the players CBA meaning if players do come on the market we do not have money to spend on them.
This is why clubs have to name their top 30 iaround November and then once confirmed by nrl start moving players on but have to keep at least 27-28 players on books for the year and that way save some money to roll into next years cap.
If we could pay what players r worth we would have a massive amount to spend on fifita or tino who are now both available for next year

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's obviously something wrong at the club. But it's not just us that copped massive holdings. The game has serious issues too. The six again rule has introduced massive blowouts on a regular basis. Clearly there's not enough talent to go around (evident even before the introduction of an extra team, and Vlandys wants more teams to increase the betting content). Match officials have never seemed more corrupt, nor decisions more questionable.

So we suck as a team right now. But the game is fucked too.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
His fkn ego drives him, not his brains.

He picked an assistant over a premiership winning hard arse coach.

Whether he likes it or not, it's on him. Would like to see his ego come up with some bullshit to justify his fuck up
100%

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And he was moved to his "prefered" side and sucked harder.
I’m keeping him on a minimum wage 1 year deal just so we can get his cousin Sele lol but let Xerri, Samrani, Crichton (Paps FB),Kiraz etc fight for his spot and he can be used as depth and then let go next year for as long as Sele doesn’t give a fuck.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’m keeping him on a minimum wage 1 year deal just so we can get his cousin Sele lol but let Xerri, Samrani, Crichton (Paps FB),Kiraz etc fight for his spot and he can be used as depth and then let go next year for as long as Sele doesn’t give a fuck.
I'd say let him rot in Reserves, but reserves are going well so let him rot in FG.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'd say let him rot in Reserves, but reserves are going well so let him rot in FG.
Just sign Sele and hopefully he don’t care that his cousin is dogshit and he’s going

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems like everyone is ignoring this...we made two GFS, in 2012 and 2014... So what I've written above is surely falsified... Except both occasions, we were treated unfairly not just in the officiating, but in what the "certified" NRL media and community were allowed to get away with
We've been defenceless around slander of our club. And that takes a toll, in the public perception of the club... And the NRL officiating comes from the ranks is the general public (no duh).
Yet, not only does our club have no influence with the NRL, any "uppityness" specifically from our club is brutally punished.
The culture of our supporter base has been shaped over the years, by the elimination of most of the passionate elements of it.
There is no recovery from this. You can change the coach, the playing staff, etc, etc. we are regarded as the parriahs of the league. And to that end, no one cares when we are blatantly wronged. And that will continue in perpiruty, because the game has no interest in us succeeding
HOW HOW HOW true bro. speaking the truth will usually make you enemies. For a long time now I have believed and accepted all of the facts you pointed out, regarding both the game and how our club has been treated.
In the 2012 GF, even the great Rupet Murdock joined in the hype of wanting the Storm to win.
In the 2014 GF how the media were hyping Souths to win because they hadn't won for 40 or so years.
Just about every other clubs fans I have met in recent years has shown a deep hate for our club. attitudes which are also refelected by the games governing body and the officials.
It is the reason why the club is bending over backwards trying to appease the League, but with zero success so far.
Thats why we badly need another breakaway comp. I believe that their many rules which could be introduced to make the game more entertaining.
More importantly Networks are bending over backwards looking for sports to televise.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's obviously something wrong at the club. But it's not just us that copped massive holdings. The game has serious issues too. The six again rule has introduced massive blowouts on a regular basis. Clearly there's not enough talent to go around (evident even before the introduction of an extra team, and Vlandys wants more teams to increase the betting content). Match officials have never seemed more corrupt, nor decisions more questionable.

I totally agree with you that the game is F-u-u-k..
During the SL war their was talk of developing a new Hybred game, and I managed to meet and speak with Chris Johns at the time, he told me that he believed that a new game just as entertaining as Rugby League was then, could be deveploped.
I don't believe it would be impossible to develope a new Hybred game now, considering the state of the game is in now, and equally the state of the Admin.
There should be enough minds out there, with an engineering background to do the job.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is no doubting as a club we are in a world of pain. However I fear the game itself is on a steep slippery slide.

The current cowboys running the game. Are not running the game for the games best interest. They are not running the game in the fans best interest. They are running the game purely and simply as a commercial enterprise. Doubling down on this the players Union are fighting so hard on player’s entitlements. They don’t realise the end result is the players of the future won’t get much at all because the game cannot afford this.

As much as the refereeing is at an all time low. This is the area we need to double down on.

We need to go back to two referees on the field. One does the ruck. One does the 10m. This roles shouldn’t change throughout the match. Keep it consistent.

The bunker needs an overhaul. There needs to be more than one person making the decision. We need to have a full time bunker panel. 3 or even 5 bunker officials. All working totally independent from each other. All make their decision with the majority call making the decision. Avoiding the howlers if nothing more. Also making corruption harder to achieve.

The ref should send it upstairs how it used to be. “I have an opinion”.The bunker shouldn’t have to work with a yes or no call that they probably didn’t have a great view on in real time.

In short the game itself is in bigger trouble than the Bulldogs as a club.