Something good to come out of this ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay let's say that Mase does leave the Might Blue and Whites and heads to have a latte with Braith and Meathead (Myles).

That would leave us with a bucket load of cash (and room for egos). That got me thinking as to what we could do with the cash.

A player was recently chased by the Tigers but the deal fell over at the last hurdle. That player ?

Ma'a Nonu !!

Opinions ?

Fanoftheyears

Kennel Established
Reaction score
didn't he say he wants to stay with union or whatever he was playing

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ Ye but its the BULLDOGS we're talking about here.

He loves the Dogs and im prepared to bet we can entice him over much better than the Tigers can

But i think he already resigned with the NZRU

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really ?

Deadset I didn't see that but I did see he was talking to the Tigpies in the last week.

Wasn't he a fan of the Dogs (or is that Weepu) ?

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why buy? we have a ****load of juniors who would make the transition well into FG, save the cash. to resign people at the end of 2008 use juniors otherwise they will go somewhere else.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really ?

Deadset I didn't see that but I did see he was talking to the Tigpies in the last week.

Wasn't he a fan of the Dogs (or is that Weepu) ?
His a Fan of the Dogs, commented back in 06 Dec that his fav player was lamb and that he watched the 'dogs play every game.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why buy? we have a ****load of juniors who would make the transition well into FG, save the cash. to resign people at the end of 2008 use juniors otherwise they will go somewhere else.
Are you serious ?

Well lets just lose on of our top players and not look to replace him or utilise the funds that would become available.

That's going to help us isn't it ?

We have some good juniors coming through but they aren't even close to the class of Mase or another back we could pick up with that kind of money.

Tigers had leftover money this year and look how it helped them !

Premiers04

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Release Mason broker a deal with souths and bring back Roy.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be better...but I think the club might need to go in another direction...

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you serious ?

Well lets just lose on of our top players and not look to replace him or utilise the funds that would become available.

That's going to help us isn't it ?

We have some good juniors coming through but they aren't even close to the class of Mase or another back we could pick up with that kind of money.

Tigers had leftover money this year and look how it helped them !
and who the heck is out there worth whatever mason will free up who is all class to replace him?? another holdsworth or millard who lots of people bagged? we'l sign someone average (dreg) and then when it comes time to resign someone who has been playing well, we wont have enough...so then we wave them bye bye like shrek or roy...

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Release Mason broker a deal with souths and bring back Roy.
I was also tipping that in the Replacing MASON thread. Maybe if Mason decides to leave, Roy would be there to pick up the pieces although he is on a 3 Year Contract.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and who the heck is out there worth whatever mason will free up who is all class to replace him?? another holdsworth or millard who lots of people bagged? we'l sign someone average (dreg) and then when it comes time to resign someone who has been playing well, we wont have enough...so then we wave them bye bye like shrek or roy...
Mate there probably isn't anyone out there in the same class and(same possie) off-contract but why not try and get someonewith it ?

There was an article that had players still off contract and there were some handy players. We could sign someone to a 1-year deal and give them something to work towards.

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
south wont let go roy its suicide they have no one to lead them

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Millard was a good buy. Would have been reasonably price and had a good season.

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate there probably isn't anyone out there in the same class and(same possie) off-contract but why not try and get someonewith it ?

There was an article that had players still off contract and there were some handy players. We could sign someone to a 1-year deal and give them something to work towards.

im just hoping they dont rush buy a dud thats all.... and then we lose someone with class.... just think everytime we lose a player the rorters get stronger..... :|

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hearing ya champ and I don't think (well I hope) that the club wouldn't be that stupid).

I suppose we could also ask a player or even a few if we could pay a bit more of their contract out this year thus allowing us to pick up a better quality player earlier than we probably thought we could (if you get my drift).

Opposite of back-ending a contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.