News Some Player salaries revealed?

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn’t sound off at all I know for a fact that’s Wakehams salary and can’t see Waddell or Katoa on anything more than minimum wage. Don’t know about Napa

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm no accountant but if you do the maths and Napa was on 650K a season before the 6% cut in comparison yes this seems to be around 0.75% of their wage so in comparison before the 6% pay cut it looks like

Katoa 180K a season (overs - should be on minimum 120K)
Wakeham 250K a season (overs too, should be on 150K)
Waddell 210K a season (overs, should be on 150K)

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No chance Schoupp is playing full time for $25k. He'd be better off working the drive thru at Punchbowl Maccas if that were the case. Surely hes on at LEAST $50k?!
25k this year then at least 120k next year (top 30). This is how the Sport/money works until you make it (unless you're a freak or the next best thing).

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
25k this year then at least 120k next year (top 30). This is how the Sport/money works until you make it (unless you're a freak or the next best thing).
I’d say there’s incentives in this years contract too

Reactions: GDR

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL will be working on what is declared in the players' contracts as being in our Cap. Which at the end of the day is all that really matters, whatever they get over that in TPA's, education, cars, relocation etc is irrelevant. The media likes to talk about big numbers, bigger numbers, biggest numbers so they they include everything that they can think of then round it up a $100k or so. What the media reports as Cap related player salaries is almost never correct.

Always a Bulldog

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’d say there’s incentives in this years contract too
Someone mentioned a while ago, if they are on a development or train and trial contract, then they will also be entitled to match payments for every first grade game they play..

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The NRL will be working on what is declared in the players' contracts as being in our Cap. Which at the end of the day is all that really matters, whatever they get over that in TPA's, education, cars, relocation etc is irrelevant. The media likes to talk about big numbers, bigger numbers, biggest numbers so they they include everything that they can think of then round it up a $100k or so. What the media reports as Cap related player salaries is almost never correct.

Always a Bulldog
Once a Bulldog…..

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Definitely makes you wonder how we're managing the cap, some players must be on monster deals. Part of the reason I shrug my shoulders when people say we're saving $400k off the cap by releasing DWZ. Having that money is one thing, investing it wisely is something else altogether.

After all, it was less than a year ago we actually offered Corey Waddell a contract to play rugby league. And this is after we upgraded Adam Elliott and Jackson was likely already on a massive contract. That's like 3 versions of the same player. We just have zero concept of smart roster management.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It doesn’t sound off at all I know for a fact that’s Wakehams salary and can’t see Waddell or Katoa on anything more than minimum wage. Don’t know about Napa
Apex u did good up here in this bitch. U onto something.

That almost correlates to every estimate of their pays that we know.
Schoupp is not a dev player and not a squad member and was playing flegg so 25k is reasonable
We know Napa was on 650 but he could have been front loaded last year when we had soem cap space

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd say Schoupp's fine would be a minimum fine & not related to his contract amount.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd say Schoupp's fine would be a minimum fine & not related to his contract amount.
Why?

How much do you think these flegg dogs get paid?

they are mainly schoolkids

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
No chance Schoupp is playing full time for $25k. He'd be better off working the drive thru at Punchbowl Maccas if that were the case. Surely hes on at LEAST $50k?!
Minimum is $125k

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
I'm no accountant but if you do the maths and Napa was on 650K a season before the 6% cut in comparison yes this seems to be around 0.75% of their wage so in comparison before the 6% pay cut it looks like

Katoa 180K a season (overs - should be on minimum 120K)
Wakeham 250K a season (overs too, should be on 150K)
Waddell 210K a season (overs, should be on 150K)
Before the cut the minimum was $180k lol