Some Interesting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supremacy

Maz's Superman
Reaction score
Just something to get things off everyones mind. I've come up with an interesting analysis of trends (i have too much time on my hands :( )

In 02, we missed the finals due to obvious events, in 03 we bundled out of the comp one game shy of the GF and in 04 we won it. 05 we were out of it for obvious circumstances, 06 we got knocked off in the prelim game. If history repeats itself we should be good for the GF.

But we aren't going great guns, you say? We'll in 95, Bulldogs finished 6th and Manly were top of the table. 12 years later and the same thing has happened.

Would we be getting a repeat of the 95 GF where the lowly placed Dogs beat the high flying Sea-eagles? Will we see the trend continue from 02, with us winning the GF?

Your Thoughts?

P.S. this is a load of crock :p

K

Kane 'em

You're right!!... you do have too much time on your hands, ha!

Hahaha na yeah mate, you make an interesting point. Only time will tell!!

Beau_Dog

Rated
Reaction score
yep! your right and would be lovely and very ironic. we did have terry lamb in 95! and a serious off the feild delema to motivate us in 04.

in all i love some of lifes funny ways of working out and can only hope this is another one!

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
interesting point....lets see if history does repeat itself

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
LOL sounds like we might win hahaha!!!!!

:p

K

kennyy

also we havnt finished after 6th in the finals since forever i think, when we have we won the GF in 95 and got there in 98

K

kennyy

these stats mean SFA in the scheme of things though guys

Blessed

OurTeam-OurFamily-OurArmy
Reaction score
Just something to get things off everyones mind. I've come up with an interesting analysis of trends (i have too much time on my hands :( )

In 02, we missed the finals due to obvious events, in 03 we bundled out of the comp one game shy of the GF and in 04 we won it. 05 we were out of it for obvious circumstances, 06 we got knocked off in the prelim game. If history repeats itself we should be good for the GF.

But we aren't going great guns, you say? We'll in 95, Bulldogs finished 6th and Manly were top of the table. 12 years later and the same thing has happened.

Would we be getting a repeat of the 95 GF where the lowly placed Dogs beat the high flying Sea-eagles? Will we see the trend continue from 02, with us winning the GF?

Your Thoughts?

P.S. this is a load of crock :p

I thought of the exact same thing!

However, i also think we had a much stronger team in 04! But in sayin that, this 07 team could still be good enough

Supremacy

Maz's Superman
Reaction score
Wishful thinking.

Atleast it shows that even though we havent been playing well, coming sixth we still have every chance of winning the GF.

I just want them to make it coz i got GF tickets

Beau_Dog

Rated
Reaction score
these stats mean SFA in the scheme of things though guys
true and so does everything leading up to this saturday night perhaps.... but its something nice to cuddle at this stage isnt it? haha... but yes the team has to perform! sucks us fans have to search and dig around for hope and inspiration.... but hey you cant win it all the time!!

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Also, last time we played in the Cowboys in the last round we went on to win the premiership (1995)

Last time we played the Cowboys in week 1 of the finals we went on to win the premiership (2004)

K

kennyy

true and so does everything leading up to this saturday night perhaps.... but its something nice to cuddle at this stage isnt it? haha... but yes the team has to perform! sucks us fans have to search and dig around for hope and inspiration.... but hey you cant win it all the time!!
haha yeh thats about it mate!

Also i feel better going up there on the back of a loss rather than a win!

Supremacy

Maz's Superman
Reaction score
Also, last time we played in the Cowboys in the last round we went on to win the premiership (1995)

Last time we played the Cowboys in week 1 of the finals we went on to win the premiership (2004)
More hoodoo to add to the Heebeejeebee's :p

C'mon dogs!! HTFU

Blessed

OurTeam-OurFamily-OurArmy
Reaction score
Ive been watching too many sienfield episodes :p

As long as the Dogs put up a good fight and dont come out on the hashish.
Thats all i wanted from Friday night! Just wanted them to keep it simple, no errors, play with passion, agression etc and instead the complete opposite occured!

My opinion is, losing last week provides us with a much better opportunity this week for a win!

K

kennyy

Yeh my thoughts too

Better than going up there thinking we can knock them off again!

Status
Not open for further replies.