Status
Not open for further replies.

fr333k

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
upload_2018-3-29_11-8-39.png

upload_2018-3-29_11-9-22.png upload_2018-3-29_11-9-51.png

After 3 rounds.. if only we can keep this going and work on the defense.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw this yesterday. Not sure what to make of them. Are we better than what most ppl give us credit for? Or some stats, like line engaged and decoy run, are irrelevant.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting .... I mean I know Mbye is going really well out the back, but didn't realise he was stat leading in a few key areas.

Likewise Klemmer.

Line engaged is an interesting one, how would they even count that? Likewise decoy run.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Most Decoy runs that's really important lol

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran is a soldier. It's like he doesn't care about taking it to the line because all he's worried about is his hammie.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s not a vital stat but it does show that the pack is working together and not going one out on hit ups.
I do agree with you. Just thought it was funny to Tolman lead a less important stat.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s not a vital stat but it does show that the pack is working together and not going one out on hit ups.
We're only really run them on attacking plays though, most other times we're just going one out and are easy targets for the defence.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Interesting .... I mean I know Mbye is going really well out the back, but didn't realise he was stat leading in a few key areas.

Likewise Klemmer.

Line engaged is an interesting one, how would they even count that? Likewise decoy run.
Klemmer always has high post contact metres, they're just not very valuable these days. Defence just holds him up and eventually rolls him over for a slow play the ball.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Klemmer always has high post contact metres, they're just not very valuable these days. Defence just holds him up and eventually rolls him over for a slow play the ball.
I do agree a little,but the up side is it usually takes 3 or 4 to slow him and get him down.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I do agree a little,but the up side is it usually takes 3 or 4 to slow him and get him down.
Yh but the defensive line is usually set and the markers are in position by the time he plays the ball. He needs to learn how to bump off defenders and find his front instead of just struggling in the tackle.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Yh but the defensive line is usually set and the markers are in position by the time he plays the ball. He needs to learn how to bump off defenders and find his front instead of just struggling in the tackle.
True that i think part of the problem is he thinks he is the "enforcer" and needs to be a battering ram which he does well enough but he needs to develope his game which he hopefully will with time, He is still relatively young for a top class prop.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
True that i think part of the problem is he thinks he is the "enforcer" and needs to be a battering ram which he does well enough but he needs to develope his game which he hopefully will with time, He is still relatively young for a top class prop.
His game has regressed imo. I have seen him play since we were kids and he used to do be able to do everything coming through the grades. He could bump off defenders, he could offload, he could charge right over the top of someone, etc. I know it was much easier back then compared to the NRL but his game just looks different. The way he carries the ball, the way he enters the contact, his mindset, etc. Like you said it's like he's just the battering ram and is focused on just running into the meat of defence and just carrying defenders as far as he can.

Reactions: DT

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
His game has regressed imo. I have seen him play since we were kids and he used to do be able to do everything coming through the grades. He could bump off defenders, he could offload, he could charge right over the top of someone, etc. I know it was much easier back then compared to the NRL but his game just looks different. The way he carries the ball, the way he enters the contact, his mindset, etc. Like you said it's like he's just the battering ram and is focused on just running into the meat of defence and just carrying defenders as far as he can.
Blame DES and the media . If you keep telling a Porche it is a tank eventually it wants to act like a tank. The saving grace is he has the ability just needs pionting in the right direction and i think Pay can do that.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
very good early signs. 2 in the top with decoy runs is not to be scoffed at - shows hard work and commitment to keep the defense 2 minds. It helps Foran too. Mbye is going to kill it this year - fingers crossed he stays injury free.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Likewise Klemmer.

Probably how close to the line he gets before he passes. Foran,at times, passes basically when the player is about to smash him. Hearty as fuck.

If you still have it recorded go back and watch out first set in the Panthers half. He takes the ball to the line and passes to Klemmer, while he gets HAMMERED. He bounces up and is on the left side the very next play.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Probably how close to the line he gets before he passes. Foran,at times, passes basically when the player is about to smash him. Hearty as fuck.

If you still have it recorded go back and watch out first set in the Panthers half. He takes the ball to the line and passes to Klemmer, while he gets HAMMERED. He bounces up and is on the left side the very next play.
Even JMK looks good taking it to the line ... and doesn't care about getting smashed.

If JMK can learn that craft off Foran and also fine tune it we'll have strike power both sides of the field. Our centres / second rowers need to engage that sort of play when either decides to run to the line or slide.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Aiden Tolman. The guy no one wants to pass the ball to.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
All tolmans decoy runs are on the 4th very sneaky lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.