Solutions Mr GOULD

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I was watching a Ch9 game a few months ago involving the Sharks and Gus mentioned that Hazelton is always at his place because he's good buddies with Gus' son
Yep thats where I remember hearing it. Hopefully Gus selling the vision haha

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would be very harsh to judge any coach under the circumstances, injuries and now illness have devastated the team.
They need our support not our criticism !
I'm not openly criticising, but these players have all spent the bulk of their lives in at least semi professional systems. They might not all be brilliant defenders. But they should have a fair idea. The fact that we're conceding so many points every week points to some issues with more than their skill level. I don't know if the players are trying to oust the coach, of the coach isn't seeing that he needs to change his structures or if it's other issues. No doubt there's some combination of things that are contributing. But it really needs to change.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not openly criticising, but these players have all spent the bulk of their lives in at least semi professional systems. They might not all be brilliant defenders. But they should have a fair idea. The fact that we're conceding so many points every week points to some issues with more than their skill level. I don't know if the players are trying to oust the coach, of the coach isn't seeing that he needs to change his structures or if it's other issues. No doubt there's some combination of things that are contributing. But it really needs to change.
Difficult to pinpoint the exact source of our defensive problems but I can name few,
1 Losing and not replacing J. Jackson the workhorse that did all the dirty work in defense.
2 We don't have centres that can adequately defend.
3 Our team especially the forwards were ravaged by injuries and generally some players are playing with injuries.
Saying this doesn't exonerate CC from possibly making mistakes, only one thing can be said, successful people learn from their mistakes.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We keep saying certain player are needed to strengthen the team, the problem is we keep failing to fix the prime problems, PROPS.
Solutions Mr Gould are Haas & Tino, even if it meant we fork out 2.5 million dollars from the cap plus TPAs...
Make it happen !
A clean out of the surplus from this and next year's rosters will ensure it does happen, only then all pieces of the puzzle will fall in place !
We do need to improve the spine but let me tell you, without props taking us forward we would still struggle even if we the best spine in the game...Must I remind you strong forward packs were always the foundation of the The Bulldogs success, always !
Problem with spending a quarter of the cap on two forwards us when they get season ending injuries (which will invariably happen at our club), we’ll be really screwed.

Gus has already spoken against paying $1m for props. One can dream, but there’s really not much chance of it happening

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem with spending a quarter of the cap on two forwards us when they get season ending injuries (which will invariably happen at our club), we’ll be really screwed.

Gus has already spoken against paying $1m for props. One can dream, but there’s really not much chance of it happening
Hass is worth $1m every day of the week. So often the Bronx are on the back foot and he gets them on the front foot out of nowhere and does it consistently while playing huge mins. He will liekly go down as one of the greatest props to ever play the game

That said, I don’t think there is any other prop who is worth that sort of money. But hass should defnitely not be dismissed at that wage

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

When you have a leaking roof wiping the floor doesn't fix the problem, in other words we need a leader an alpha we need 2 props.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hass is worth $1m every day of the week. So often the Bronx are on the back foot and he gets them on the front foot out of nowhere and does it consistently while playing huge mins. He will liekly go down as one of the greatest props to ever play the game

That said, I don’t think there is any other prop who is worth that sort of money. But hass should defnitely not be dismissed at that wage
Broncos have some pretty bloody handy young forwards, both starting and the ones that come on off the bench.. Haas is definitely leading the way but not doing it alone by any means