socceroos vs oman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
oz won 1-0.

if you ask me thats a very very disappointing result. aus should have put at least 3 goals on oman.

they will struggle alot during the world cup if they keep playing like this

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Well they do have two key players out. I don't watch much soccer only premier league and some of the U-20's Fifa World cup matches.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
The Oman Keeper did very well at times and got lucky at others.

I am not too worried tbh

I thought we knocked the ball around well, created space, chances, etc

D

dogs_4 lyf

Kewell seriously needs to be played upfront if Viduka doesn't show.

Kennedy Cant dribble or shoot or even hold the ball up well if hes life depends on it. Only good in the air, therefore can have much better impact off the bench.

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
The Oman Keeper did very well at times and got lucky at others.

I am not too worried tbh

I thought we knocked the ball around well, created space, chances, etc
Was there a good attendance?

.PARANoIR.

I stole this off Charisma
Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only person who thinks Kennedy is useless.

We flattered Oman tonight. Should've been 3 or 4 up, at least. Props to their keeper though, he's pretty handy.

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Hmm... TBH i think they would have a good run but will get kicked out near the finals.

Sabre V

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We are nowhere near as good as we were heading into the last world cup unfortunately, the aura seems to be gone... Maybe we just expect too much of them after the last world cup effort...

We definately didn't play well tonight.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
we were without Grella and Bresciano. The latter IMO is our best player

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who was the Oman keeper? Ali Al-Habsi?

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kewell seriously needs to be played upfront if Viduka doesn't show.

Kennedy Cant dribble or shoot or even hold the ball up well if hes life depends on it. Only good in the air, therefore can have much better impact off the bench.
Kewell is by far at his best with the room to move going forward.

Australia has some real trouble ahead in the striking ranks. Its unfortunate that Kewell by default will end up in the front line. When this is NOT his position. He is not that good playing tight & having to turn with the ball.

All the Strikers we have at the moment (of few of which can score goals) play the same game. They need a dominant force standing next to them up front. That can hold up the ball & turn on the ball & attract defenders.

A roll Viduka has done well over the years. People bag Viduka for not scoring more goals for Australia. But his work off the ball has allowed space for many goals to be scored without him getting any credit.

Pim sees Kennedy in this roll. However he too is better suited to play off a player like this also.

A combination of not having a quality strike force & the fact that we will only be playing 1 up front in the World Cup will more than likely see a few people upset that we won't go as good as we did in Germany.

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
Grella does most of our dirty work, he runs his ass off and tackles anything that moves

IMO he is our best player

our best striker is McDonald, wiyth cahill behind him and kewell on the left.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
not worried at all, the boys are through already, its not easy to keep the concentration going, unlike last time.

IMO we will surprise quite a few people, i wouldnt even be surprised if we top our group (depending on the draw lol)

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Don't think i've seen Grella play is he good?
He is the kind of player that does all the dirty work!!

Kewell is by far at his best with the room to move going forward.

Australia has some real trouble ahead in the striking ranks. Its unfortunate that Kewell by default will end up in the front line. When this is NOT his position. He is not that good playing tight & having to turn with the ball.

All the Strikers we have at the moment (of few of which can score goals) play the same game. They need a dominant force standing next to them up front. That can hold up the ball & turn on the ball & attract defenders.

A roll Viduka has done well over the years. People bag Viduka for not scoring more goals for Australia. But his work off the ball has allowed space for many goals to be scored without him getting any credit.

Pim sees Kennedy in this roll. However he too is better suited to play off a player like this also.

A combination of not having a quality strike force & the fact that we will only be playing 1 up front in the World Cup will more than likely see a few people upset that we won't go as good as we did in Germany.
Awesome post. Despite that Gay avatar :p plenty of respect your way. I especially liked the part about big dukes. Something I have been saying to others for ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.