So where were all these so called Sponsors

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The other sponsors are probably pissed that Laundy came along and become a sponsor, and is now looking to have a say in things at the dogs, and Laundy even have a part owner on the board, when none of them have any say, and have been around longer.
Part owner?
0.0055%? Hardly significant...

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Part owner?
Not in the context of Laundy's company but a decent share of profit from one successful pub is still enough to influence some people's judgement. I know some of the greedy bastards. Not saying it's a huge deal or this bloke's crooked, but the bad look and bad headline could've been avoided pretty easily by declaring it

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Not in the context of Laundy's company but a decent share of profit from one successful pub is still enough to influence some people's judgement. I know some of the greedy bastards. Not saying it's a huge deal or this bloke's crooked, but the bad look and bad headline could've been avoided pretty easily by declaring it
He did though - in 2018. I think the question is did the newer board members not there in 2018 have all the info before considering the sponsorship. So the question is: oversight or something else?

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He did though - in 2018. I think the question is did the newer board members not there in 2018 have all the info before considering the sponsorship. So the question is: oversight or something else?
Ok cheers, I didn't know that.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Part owner?
0.0055% is a part. Not a big one. But a part ;)

In any case, any kind of voice on the board and with decisions, is something the other sponsors dont have, and they dont like it that Laundy might

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
0.0055% is a part. Not a big one. But a part ;)

In any case, any kind of voice on the board and with decisions, is something the other sponsors dont have, and they dont like it.
Sure. I guess we haven’t seen the full picture of what the Laundy’s longer term intent is. They’ve made it clear they want to play a significant role and that’s going to have to be structured accordingly, whether it’s how much they contribute financially and/or in kind. Of course other sponsors / corporate partners will have to be placated but I can’t imagine this hasn’t been considered by the club.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The only thing a sponsor has the right to dictate is the sponsorship visibility on our merchandise and at the ground. A sponsor influencing shit like who we recruit is ridiculous.
I font think the Laundy’s are identifying targets, they are talking about trying to convince targets that are identified by the club to come over. Do you honestly think Burton or Smith would be bad targets?

A bit of corporate clout did wonders for the Roosters and Bunnies and that is exactly what the Laundys can potentially bring to the table. I think it’s weird that people are writing off an association that could possibly be a good thing for the club. It’s not like everything was going great guns before they became involved.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I font think the Laundy’s are identifying targets, they are talking about trying to convince targets that are identified by the club to come over. Do you honestly think Burton or Smith would be bad targets?

A bit of corporate clout did wonders for the Roosters and Bunnies and that is exactly what the Laundys can potentially bring to the table. I think it’s weird that people are writing off an association that could possibly be a good thing for the club. It’s not like everything was going great guns before they became involved.
Have to agree with this. But ... didn't the Laudry's talk about SBW at one point?

Either way, I'm really interested in where this partnership goes and am actually quite excited having someone like them connected to the club. I don't get all the concern personally.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
well it does seem that the club has priced itself very low with it's major sponsorship at $500K a season for 2021 & 2022.
Other club sponsors may want a review on a pro-rata basis perhaps?
Is it 500k? We the media report we have the cheapest front jersey sponsor it's 500k but when the sponsor wants to walk we are losing 2 mill. It was said we signed a 2 mill deal when announced than become 500k a year for 2 yrs with this year a freebie which was ok . The prob with Anderson and the CEO is they say nothing. Come out and correct everything. We are getting smashed everyday from all angles and no one from the club corrects them. The sponsors talk, ballesty & Dunn said a bit and Kok says his bit. The Kok said the laundys walk we have a heap of guys lined up. Where were they when we had nothing and being laughed at.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did the other sponsors offer to fill the hole on our Jersey?

It was obvious we needed a major sponsor, why not show some initiative and stepped up in a time of need instead of bitching that someone else did it instead
If you have $30k to spend would you walk into a Mercedes dealership knowing a cheapest Mercedes goes for $60k? The going rate for a front of jersey deal is around the $1 million mark, most companies wouldn't have that kind of money to upgrade but for $350k a year, different story. If they were offered that and knocked it back then fair enough but I'm just curious as to whether or not anyone else was offered that deal besides a mate of one of the directors

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you have $30k to spend would you walk into a Mercedes dealership knowing a cheapest Mercedes goes for $60k? The going rate for a front of jersey deal is around the $1 million mark, most companies wouldn't have that kind of money to upgrade but for $350k a year, different story. If they were offered that and knocked it back then fair enough but I'm just curious as to whether or not anyone else was offered that deal besides a mate of one of the directors
No, If I was a sponsor of a club that was struggling to fill a front of jersey sponsorship, I would pick up the phone and say "I want to help out. As a sponsor, you guys struggling and that doesn't help my brand. I can afford this much, will that tide you over for 18 months and we can review it then. It will help both our brands."

There has never been a set price for sponsorship, just what companies are willing to pay. A Mercedes has a set price, sponsorship doesn't.

Last edited:

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why do people think companies sponsor clubs out of the goodness of their hearts and for "the love of the club"?????

Ridiculous. If Laundy "loved the club" he wouldn't be paying $0 this year and a measly $500k for the next two years.

There has to be a benefit to all parties for a sponsorship to work. A bit of give and take. Its a business partnership

When promises are broken, and some in the club take more then they give. The business partnership breaks down.

Happened at Parra. Happening here.

Would never happen at the roosters or storm. Their powerbrokers know how to run a business and keep all stakeholders happy.

Last edited: