So where were all these so called Sponsors

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
With COVID. It's a hard market at the moment. Not sure how other clubs agreements are going or when they run out. But I feel a few will really struggle in this climate and have to take deals like we did.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
When we didnt have a sponsor , so now they want to whinge about a deal with the new sponsor...
I asked the same question.
Which of M&J, Ultimate Security, Ladbrokes or Sydney Tools were ‘cashed up’ and ready to go earlier this year? My bet is in a C-19 world they’re grateful not to have that cost burden - just like we saw Qantas shed the Wallabies recently. If they’re disgruntled who are they??

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I asked the same question.
Which of M&J, Ultimate Security, Ladbrokes or Sydney Tools were ‘cashed up’ and ready to go earlier this year? My bet is in a C-19 world they’re grateful not to have that cost burden - just like we saw Qantas shed the Wallabies recently. If they’re disgruntled who are they??
Are the disgruntled because they didn’t get the opportunity to throw in a extra $100k-$200k and pay the same as Laundy did for major sponsorship?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Are the disgruntled because they didn’t get the opportunity to throw in a extra $100k-$200k and pay the same as Laundy did for major sponsorship?
Maybe. All speculation though.
I’d rule Sydney Tools out though.
They only came onboard this year with their postage stamp sized sponsorship on the jersey - not that it’s not appreciated, of course it is - but after coming onboard as a minor NRL jersey sponsor and more significant sponsor with the women’s teams - they were quickly willing to upgrade to the big leagues of major NRL team sponsor? Doesn’t seem to fit.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe. All speculation though.
I’d rule Sydney Tools out though.
They only came onboard this year with their postage stamp sized sponsorship on the jersey - not that it’s not appreciated, of course it is - but after coming onboard as a minor NRL jersey sponsor and more significant sponsor with the women’s teams - they were quickly willing to upgrade to the big leagues of major NRL team sponsor? Doesn’t seem to fit.
Who knows but if I was a sponsor paying $300k-$400k for a sleeve or back sponsor I wouldn't be happy about the major sponsorship going so cheaply. Hopefully the club is as transparent as they can be at the EGM about this.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Who knows but if I was a sponsor paying $300k-$400k for a sleeve or back sponsor I wouldn't be happy about the major sponsorship going so cheaply. Hopefully the club is as transparent as they can be at the EGM about this.
Agree re: transparency. I just can’t see how those scenarios played out though. Any director worth their salt would know you don’t bite the hand that feeds you (annoying other sponsors) and this alleged non-declaring of interest by Ballesty. I just don’t buy that they could be that stupid.

I’m also interested to know how an EGM might play out under C-19 protocols. Let’s assume even 50% of members want to go - can’t have 500-600 people in one room currently. Live stream? Proxy voting?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree re: transparency. I just can’t see how those scenarios played out though. Any director worth their salt would know you don’t bite the hand that feeds you (annoying other sponsors) and this alleged non-declaring of interest by Ballesty. I just don’t buy that they could be that stupid.

I’m also interested to know how an EGM might play out under C-19 protocols. Let’s assume even 50% of members want to go - can’t have 500-600 people in one room currently. Live stream? Proxy voting?
There's so much mud being thrown that its hard to tell what has some truth to it and what doesn't so they will defiantly need to clear it up.

It would have to be live streamed and proxy voting there's no way they'll be able to have 1200 people in a Leagues Club for a meeting.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
There's so much mud being thrown that its hard to tell what has some truth to it and what doesn't so they will defiantly need to clear it up.

It would have to be live streamed and proxy voting there's no way they'll be able to have 1200 people in a Leagues Club for a meeting.
Agree with all that - and that detracts from the dare I say ‘purpose’ of an EGM when people get passionate and air their grievances - you’ve seen it before I’m sure. A live steam won’t have any of that and it’ll just be a process. Makes the whole thing even more pointless in my view...

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
well it does seem that the club has priced itself very low with it's major sponsorship at $500K a season for 2021 & 2022.
Other club sponsors may want a review on a pro-rata basis perhaps?

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we continue to employee good media people. Ie Barrett. And then do things others aren’t like mad Monday spent feeding homeless. We will get the big end town with that dollars. Sports these days don’t get big dollars for just being there. It needs good corporate governance. That we don’t have we are splashed across the news daily for wrong doing rather done or not. We need to hire I hate to say it. But a Buzz type to be a media manager. Keep the board room stuff out papers. Play well. And as supporters make the write choices how we communicate and carry ourselves. Then we will be back to a power house. But first the infighting must stop

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When we didnt have a sponsor , so now they want to whinge about a deal with the new sponsor...
How do you know any of them were offered a deal to upgrade? Surely Ladbrokes, M&J chicken or Ultimate would've jumped at the opportunity to upgrade to the front of jersey sponsor if they were offered the rate Laundy paid, I mean Laundy is paying about $350k per year, to put things into perspective one of my friends was working for Bankstown sports when they got a sleeve sponsor in 2009 and back then a sleeve sponsorship was worth approx $150k which would've been bottom market value considering we won the spoon in 2008, 11 years on you'd imagine that figure would be at least $200-250k.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Laundy will value add and you will see the benefits of that in the coming years. That’s the kind of sponsor we have lacked for a very long time.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
How do you know any of them were offered a deal to upgrade? Surely Ladbrokes, M&J chicken or Ultimate would've jumped at the opportunity to upgrade to the front of jersey sponsor if they were offered the rate Laundy paid, I mean Laundy is paying about $350k per year, to put things into perspective one of my friends was working for Bankstown sports when they got a sleeve sponsor in 2009 and back then a sleeve sponsorship was worth approx $150k which would've been bottom market value considering we won the spoon in 2008, 11 years on you'd imagine that figure would be at least $200-250k.
Maybe you missed this post;
I can confirm that at least 3 of the sponsors/advertisers were asked if they wanted to upgrade their deals following the Rashays renege. One of them upgraded their deal by ~50% but couldn't (in the current climate) justify going to front of jersey/major sponsor. I'd be very surprised if all sponsors/advertisers weren't offered the same opportunity.
Go Dogs

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The other sponsors are probably pissed that Laundy came along and become a sponsor, and is now looking to have a say in things at the dogs, and Laundy even have a part owner on the board, when none of them have any say, and have been around longer.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The only thing a sponsor has the right to dictate is the sponsorship visibility on our merchandise and at the ground. A sponsor influencing shit like who we recruit is ridiculous.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The other sponsors are probably pissed that Laundy came along and become a sponsor, and is now looking to have a say in things at the dogs, and Laundy even have a part owner on the board, when none of them have any say, and have been around longer.
100% this is true

imagine you been pouring thousands into the club for years and now these clowns want to come in and run the show but haven’t paid a cent yet.

i have no problem with him being the next politis but put your money where your mouth is!!!