Opinion So Where Does This Leave Lachlan Lewis?

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lachlan Lewis, Okunbor, Foran all scheduled to return by round 18 (not necessarily saying they will all be in the team). By the MPA reports by Ayoub on the club website it does give of the hint that Lewis might be in the team when ready.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lachlan Lewis, Okunbor, Foran all scheduled to return by round 18 (not necessarily saying they will all be in the team). By the MPA reports by Ayoub on the club website it does give of the hint that Lewis might be in the team when ready.
Doubt they are going to change a winning team except for Foran.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I believe Wakeham should wait a bit - he should definitely be our long term option.
Cogger - Solid, but his choice of kicks is quite frustrating, always a high kick to the opposing left centre (I see similar things from the other halves, maybe Pay is behind this? Sometimes just need to get a repeat set with a little grubber - we don't do this enough). With that said, I don't think Cogger will be our long term option.
Foran - Foran is our best player, we must use him when we have him ready. When his contract finishes, obviously don't resign him since we have Lewis, Wakeham coming up.
Lewis - In my mind, there is no doubt that Lachlan Lewis is part of our long term plans. He has attacking capability. I believe he has a lot to work on (short kicking game), but look at the game we played against melbourne in round 4 with Lachlan Lewis in the side. We were easily spreading the ball across the field. He is definitely our player of the future and should be in the team when ready.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Doubt they are going to change a winning team except for Foran.
Should definitely replace meaney with okunbor at the minimum. Meaney's kick returns are feeble. Okunbor is much better.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Once we clear the spoon and if Lewis is fully fit I would like to see him in a lock capacity, would add some (a little) creativity if he develops his running game.
Needs to really take the line on, it's up to him, if he can't do that, well he's way behind the other three so the writing will be on the wall for him.

I think if he could maybe develop to be our own Jake T, Victor Radley, Cam Murray kinda player, it wouldn't be impossible.
Yeah, I can see how it may be possible for Lewis to play lock. It's not unheard of for a halves player to play lock at some stage.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should definitely replace meaney with okunbor at the minimum. Meaney's kick returns are feeble. Okunbor is much better.
I agree but I can’t see Pay doing it.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I change my mind, he’d be a good lock. 5 more kilos

I actually want Wakeham and cogger to be our future halves. Let them mature together.

Club just needs to go after a gun centre, gun hooker, and mad prop.

DWZ is my fullback moving forward.
Change your mind !
That’s against the rules mate here on this forum,what are you thinking.
There would be an outrage and meltdown of mass proportions

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No it wasn’t that far back
How old do you think I am,please
Lol
It was in the early eighties,the weather was horrible and pretty sure was played on a Saturday afternoon
1982 to be exact,
Strange that people could park their cars inside the ground at one end.
That's gold about parking your car inside the ground.
If you got there early enough could you sit inside your car, listen on raido and dip your headlights when a try was scored?

It would of been a strange feeling leaving the game after a nil all draw.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger is a genuine half.

Lewis has a poor kicking game and never looks like wanting to take control. I’m not convinced he is a half, I reckon he needs put on 5-6 kGs and play lock.
I agree, his defence is not an issue, it is his organiaistional skills that are questionable. I like the kid and would also like to see him at lock. Not sure if he could fit in at centre.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's gold about parking your car inside the ground.
If you got there early enough could you sit inside your car, listen on raido and dip your headlights when a try was scored?

It would of been a strange feeling leaving the game after a nil all draw.
I’m not sure if people could watch the game from the comforts of their Kingswoods
I remember both teams having quite a few chances,definitely weird going home without a win
Not like these days.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Hard done by IMO, should never have been dropped and is now injured in reserves. Probably not even injured now but club are pussies and don't like the fans knowing better then them. Meaney is not a winger, Foran is always broken, Coggers kicking game is shite, Wakeham looks good, Lichaa had his chance and JMK is a stop gap. Best is maybe centre or lock atm. The club created this mess they can fix it!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not sure if people could watch the game from the comforts of their Kingswoods
I remember both teams having quite a few chances,definitely weird going home without a win
Not like these days.
Mate loved your post.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hard done by IMO, should never have been dropped and is now injured in reserves. Probably not even injured now but club are pussies and don't like the fans knowing better then them. Meaney is not a winger, Foran is always broken, Coggers kicking game is shite, Wakeham looks good, Lichaa had his chance and JMK is a stop gap. Best is maybe centre or lock atm. The club created this mess they can fix it!
Please! The mess was created by Lewis who wasn’t performing and rightfully dropped.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cogger is a very good halfback and game manager. The fact he is managing games so well with a forward pack that gets dominated every week is incredible really. Also consider he has played 30 NRL games. He is going to be a super Number 7 for us for years to come
I guess time will tell, I think he'll be solid but nothing special and was only signed because of his connection with Pay's NSW under 20's, really hope to be proved wrong though.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Centre to toughen up defence and provide ball movement on that side of the field (currently lacking). Means plenty of options for players outside him on the wing.

Gives him the ability in attack to play a roaming role like Tommy Turbo in SOO 2. Not to mention another 5th tackle option.

Okunbor returned in NSW Cup this week.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Cheers brother,
Good memories of my younger days as a doggy supporter and growing up in Canterbury
Yep...your post reminded me of my dad (who went to Canterbury boys) and all the great times and enjoyment we got from watching our team over the years.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has to fight his way back in the team. Work hard and prove himself again because there are others that want to play first grade. It's a good thing having players compete for positions

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep...your post reminded me of my dad (who went to Canterbury boys) and all the great times and enjoyment we got from watching our team over the years.
Yeah mate I also went to Canterbury Boys
You can tell your dad that the school hasn’t changed at all,
The old footy field down the back,just happen to drive past during the week.
Cheers