So what is our problem?

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
I look at our team and for the most part all I see are stars.
Winger. JAC = Star
FB- Dufty playing well
Burton= star
Thompson Vaughan = stars
Waddell Pangai = stars
Jacko, king, Ava solid.

like 99% of people here up until last week I believed our problem was almost solely due to our halfback issue. No direction and all that but since flannos resurrection we know it’s not that as the results are similar.

so what the F (not going to say the full expletive) is the issue exactly?
We can say Jacko gets invovled in the attack but common that is minor. JMK shit ball is overblown.
So what is wrong with us?
Can somebody tell me. I’m almost out of answer.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Failure to Coach to the strengths of the players. Failure to adapt and come up with a structure and attacking style that leans towards the players abilities but Instead trying to make them something their not.

i.e JJ ball playing

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There are a lot things required to change our style. We need to still let some players go. We need the basics defence fixed. Attack ready on both sides of attack every time we have a chance and body’s in motion to enable play when systems break down. Gus is working in the back ground to make it happen. It won’t be this year or next but.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I look at our team and for the most part all I see are stars.
Winger. JAC = Star
FB- Dufty playing well
Burton= star
Thompson Vaughan = stars
Waddell Pangai = stars
Jacko, king, Ava solid.

like 99% of people here up until last week I believed our problem was almost solely due to our halfback issue. No direction and all that but since flannos resurrection we know it’s not that as the results are similar.

so what the F (not going to say the full expletive) is the issue exactly?
We can say Jacko gets invovled in the attack but common that is minor. JMK shit ball is overblown.
So what is wrong with us?
Can somebody tell me. I’m almost out of answer.
If you think its a problem of halfback. Your not watching the same games.

There was a set play yesterday on burtons side of the field. Everyone was in position they were moving through the play. Unfortunately the ball was a few seconds behind the player. And it capitulatec with burton spilling the ball into Averillo. Why was the ball late? The answer JMK's service from dummy half!!!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
There are a lot things required to change our style. We need to still let some players go. We need the basics defence fixed. Attack ready on both sides of attack every time we have a chance and body’s in motion to enable play when systems break down. Gus is working in the back ground to make it happen. It won’t be this year or next but.
It's basically a new team so changing a style would've been from the start and easier? Defence basics are learnt from juniors. We haven't had 2 halves so both sides has been non existent, true. Won't be this year or next now? So we're dropping 2024 for the year until we're any good? Every year we're starting this rebuild?

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Shit coach and most of our signings were unwanted by their old clubs.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waddler a star, man stop eating them mushrooms in your backyard. He is a cat.
Lol. Waddell wouldn’t be a star in Ron Massey cup.

Answer is easy like all people are saying. JMK and Jacko are rubbish

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Failure to Coach to the strengths of the players. Failure to adapt and come up with a structure and attacking style that leans towards the players abilities but Instead trying to make them something their not.

i.e JJ ball playing
Spot on

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you think its a problem of halfback. Your not watching the same games.

There was a set play yesterday on burtons side of the field. Everyone was in position they were moving through the play. Unfortunately the ball was a few seconds behind the player. And it capitulatec with burton spilling the ball into Averillo. Why was the ball late? The answer JMK's service from dummy half!!!
Hopefully Mahoney fixes our dummy half issues. I just hope what you said is due to JMK and not the system.

bulamakdoggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Barretts the problem.

Barrettball with Jackson a ball playing 13, my god what are they thinking.

Jackson struggles to pass period let alone ball play.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's basically a new team so changing a style would've been from the start and easier? Defence basics are learnt from juniors. We haven't had 2 halves so both sides has been non existent, true. Won't be this year or next now? So we're dropping 2024 for the year until we're any good? Every year we're starting this rebuild?
I believe there are no short fixes to our problems. It’s going to take years for those in developing to filter through. Buying stars from other teams don’t work especially long term. As they play well under a structure that is in bedded we are learning. We have players Tgat won’t get there. JMK is a example. If he didn’t have Marshall in his name would he have lasted this long at say a parra? And it has taken parra 3 to 5 years to change. There juniors are a rabble but with what I’m told no one willing to change

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who cannot see that we are a maligned club by all invoved with the game, starting with the NRL the commentaters is either blind or weak.
The NRL has had an agenda against us since SL for whatever reason.
Commentaters do the job of advertisors, do you think that companies would spend a fortune on advitersing their product, if they thought that people woudn't, (buy the product they want to sell) and was a waste of money
Commentating or advertising can be either positive or negative, I've heard far to many comments designed to malign our club by virtually all commentaters.
The closest comment to the truth I heard, during last nights game was by Blocker Roach who said the Bulldogs never get the rub of the green.
I though, or at least (HOPED) that Gould would change things around with the media, but so far nothing.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Mostly our problem is its early in the rebuild, which isnt even complete, particularly with Mahoney not here yet. Its an incomplete rebuild. And the time to gel thing should be expected. Burton being a centre all of last year probably didnt help us, he seems to be needing time to settle into the new role in the halves. A few of the other new recruits have been hot and cold, but all were great when we had easier games the first 2 rounds.

Our side simply isnt up to complete sides that are not rebuilding, who are mainstays in the top 4 the last few years. We should not expect to get anywhere near sides from last years top 4 yet. We did well to get so close to Manly, who have won both their other games since as well.

Everyone expected we would take time to gel with so many new faces, but now for some reason thats all out the window, and after losing to the top 3 from last year by margins the last 3 weeks, which should have been expected. I saw it coming pre season. I had bets that included Storm and Panthers to beat us 13+

If we were shit by the end of the season and losing like we did to the top sides against weaker sides, then my opinion later in the year may change for sure. But for now i think its a lot of premature adjudication. People need more patience. We waited since 2004, so why another year is such a big deal i dont know. And i guarantee the attitude here would be the same every time we lose, even if we were in the top 8.

People here were raging after losing to Manly with turbo + away, by a point. Then act all outraged coz we were outclassed by last years top 3 in consecutive rounds. The worst thing this year so far for the mood of the kennel, considering where we are in the rebuild, is the draw so far.

I simply am not shocked or outraged and my expectations are realistic. Where we are now isnt shocking me yet.