So teams like to rush up on us....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's no secret, good coaches have employed this tactic on us for a few seasons now. Most notably the grand final against the storm in 2012...

After all these years has no one thought to put a grubber or a chip in behind the rushed up defence out wide? The only time I recall a grubber kick in behind rushed up backs is Corey Payne in that grand final, and by that point it was too late.

Are percentages on this play too low for the big man Des? It's just frustrating that we seem to do the same plays, even if the opposition is directly countering our attack.

I'm not saying do it every play, but come on at least give it a few tries.

Hey, I know it's early days but this has been happening for years.

While we're at it, if all des is going to use the Morris boys for is <5 metre scoots out of our own half I think come October I'll have pulled all my hair out.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
It's not just out wide it's in the middle as well. How useless is Klemmer when he gets the ball almost flat footed and they just send 4 guys up to meet him?

This is simply a poorly coached team. The instinct for what's in front of them is gone even to the point when someone makes a half chance nobody is supporting and everyone is setting up for the next play

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
it's no secret, good coaches have employed this tactic on us for a few seasons now. Most notably the grand final against the storm in 2012...

After all these years has no one thought to put a grubber or a chip in behind the rushed up defence out wide? The only time I recall a grubber kick in behind rushed up backs is Corey Payne in that grand final, and by that point it was too late.

Are percentages on this play too low for the big man Des? It's just frustrating that we seem to do the same plays, even if the opposition is directly countering our attack.

While we're at it, if all des is going to use the Morris boys for is <5 metre scoots out of our own half I think come October I'll have pulled all my hair out.

mate , how many thumbs up can i give you for this post...answer= not enough

You can see that , I can see that , opposition teams can see that , the only person who doesnt see is fucken that imbecile who is the head coach of our team.

This has been going on for half a decade now, yet we have no answer for it.

It is as stupid as your house keeps getting broken into cos you lock you back door, you lock your side doors, you have bars on windows but you leave your front door wide open.

Seriously how fucked up is that!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm with you on this one. It was just so noticeable at the ground last night that the Storm were all over us with their defence. I watched Lichaa and he was getting the ball out OK and took a few dummy half runs, but their up and in was due to them getting inside the 10 and holding us down in the ruck. We really needed a couple of cross field kicks in behind the line to make them sit back but I guess when you are 10 down in the first 5 mins its a bit harder to gamble with possession.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
St George did that to us in 2015 and we kicked down field and mbye almost scored from the chase, dont think I've seen us do it since then. You cant expect "safe" Des to allow our players to sway from the game plan.

This is the game I'm talking about, its at 0:44

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Yep, teams rush up on us but we no longer rush up on teams. Very annoying

Reactions: DT

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Even if we do it no one in our side has any pace anyway so the opposition would be able to just turn around and retrieve the ball.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am watching the game for the first time now on Saturday afternoon and the first thing I noticed was who the ref was, Gerard 'we cant win with him in charge' Sutton. For the first 19 minutes we endured him keeping our defensive line back at least 10 mts while the other muppet only kept them back 7-8mts...we copped penalty after penalty and had to use a heap of juice then finally in minute 22 got a penalty with a few more following after that which gave us some momentum but the damage and energy loss was already done...
Can anyone tell me when we last won a game with him in charge?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's not just the Bulldogs. Kicks in general play are largely disappearing out of the game.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have the slowest play the balls in the comp along with Lichaa's service that gives the opposition so much time to rush up. I'm not sure if it's opposition teams having quick line speed or us being so slow in the ruck.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am watching the game for the first time now on Saturday afternoon and the first thing I noticed was who the ref was, Gerard 'we cant win with him in charge' Sutton. For the first 19 minutes we endured him keeping our defensive line back at least 10 mts while the other muppet only kept them back 7-8mts...we copped penalty after penalty and had to use a heap of juice then finally in minute 22 got a penalty with a few more following after that which gave us some momentum but the damage and energy loss was already done...
Can anyone tell me when we last won a game with him in charge?
We had the team of Sutton/Noyen in Round 1 last year and that is the last time we won under their control. Rd 24 vs. the Broncos in 2016 was a loss. Noyen was co-official twice more in 2016 Rd 7 vs. Storm (won) and Rd 13 vs. Sharks (lost)

Reactions: DT

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Its either we are to slow, or teams know its a guaranteed win if they do this lol. Watching games that dont involve us, even the poor teams seem to have all the time in the world... So frustrating

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We dont have a halfback that can either execute or has the smarts to.put a kick behind a rushing defence

Shifty Dog

New Pup
Reaction score
They rush up on us because they know we are never a threat to roll in a nice little kick in behind the line, weighted to stop in goal or cross field kicks that land a metre from the goal line like the best halves do. Frustrates me every game too. Mbye has the worst short kicking game of any halfback in the comp. We can never build any pressure because he can never get us a repeat set. It means we've got 6 tackles to score or else we wait for the other team to kick it back to us after their set. I love a lot of Mbye's game but I was really hoping he had made a massive improvement in the offseason with his kicking game. His rd 1 kicking looked exactly the same as past seasons which is not giving me much hope for our chances this year. We would be a totally different team with a gun short kicking game.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
We are a confused team. Times when we needed to play on the advantage line we played deep . Most other times me we were so play . Forwards dont bend the line, than we hit the edges to early going sideways. Same as the last few years. What adds to that is lichaa cant fkn pass. Shoot des now.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
2013 when we spanked the Storm at ANZ our halves were putting kicks in behind (the game Perrett scored a hatty)

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not just out wide it's in the middle as well. How useless is Klemmer when he gets the ball almost flat footed and they just send 4 guys up to meet him?

This is simply a poorly coached team. The instinct for what's in front of them is gone even to the point when someone makes a half chance nobody is supporting and everyone is setting up for the next play
Robots...that's what Des has done to them

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Teams rush up because our attack is flat footed... If the dogs start running onto the ball I guarantee u NOBODY will be running up on 100kg+ of force.

Status
Not open for further replies.