So round 10 hoppa effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
ok so round 10 Hoppa starts his 3 week holiday, if Perret is still out injured who plays fullback or who comes in to the team? And what back gets brought in to the team? Surely not Stanley?

We already have Holland and Phillips having to make to step up..... Who's left & what happens if say perret is still out and Morris gets selected for origin?? That'll be another back that will have to come from some where

Well done Hoppa!

Last edited:

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No game next week so perret should be fit to play tigers along with stanley in a fortnights time

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's time to blood a young fullback who has speed, can pass and kick off the back of set plays. Bmoz and Hopoate are not long term solutions at the back.

Reactions: GDR

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Before anyone says it there's no way it should be Abbey he hasn't done a thing in NSW and will take time.

If he plays when he is out of form in this current team it could really set him back a few years.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Holland will play fb if Perret is not fit.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hoppas defence was very poor on Friday night, probably cost us the game with 2-3 very poor misses at the back.

The more I see of Mbye in open space the more I think he has the speed, agility and evasiveness of a good fullback. I know he played there in his junior days and probably spent 1-2 seasons with us at centre (that's when we had Barba at fullback and hokko and Reynolds in the halves) so was possibly trying to mould him into a back.

I guess it's almost too late to change him into a fullback (will be hard to throw him in a NRL game to learn on the run). But as long as he could catch a ball under pressure and could read the plays defensively then he would possibly be our best long term solution.

It also opens up the door to chase someone like brooks and leaves you with a better attacking spine in
1. Mbye
6. Reynolds
7. (Proper half back e.g brooks)
9. Lichaa

Then it also allows Morris and hoppa to play wing/centre.

But in saying that Mbye isn't the answer for round 10. Unfortunately it will be perrett straight in, and if Stanley is fit probably drop Philips.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I hate to be a downer... but honesty i can't see us eating the Tigers (tedesco will destroy us) , Roosters (players back from injury etc) or Raiders (Hodgson will destroy our lazy defensive forwards who let players come to them)...

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
we are dead set losing next 3 games, every team will be bombing the shit out of rookie fullback.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I hate to be a downer... but honesty i can't see us eating the Tigers (tedesco will destroy us) , Roosters (players back from injury etc) or Raiders (Hodgson will destroy our lazy defensive forwards who let players come to them)...
Tedeaco fractured his scapula..or something along those lines. He won't be playing.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Perrett will be better utilised on the wing. He's experience on the edges was missing last night and I'd keep him there with Stanley whilst Hoppa is out. Holland to the back.

Origin is a different story. If JMoz is out I don't know what we do to be honest. Is Hoppa missing any of the pre-origin games? Or will he be available for all of those?

As good as Hoppa has been at fullback I'd still be keen to throw BMoz straight back there. He just has the best running game in our squad.

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
ok so round 10 Hoppa starts his 3 week holiday, if Perret is still out injured who plays fullback or who comes in to the team? And what back gets brought in to the team? Surely not Stanley?

We already have Holland and Phillips having to make to step up..... Who's left & what happens if say perret is still out and Morris gets selected for origin?? That'll be another back that will have to come from some where

Well done Hoppa!
I can't believe how slow Hoppa is. I thought "he'll get out of the in-goal area", but no, was so slow and ran sideways with no defenders coming at him. A real snail.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We struggle with pure attacking teams, tigers have pulled our pants down on a few occasions. Roosters aren't as bad as their position on the ladder, so that isn't a gimme either. Raiders will destroy us, its hard to think of any other outcome in that game.

At least if we lose all 3 it makes the club and Des look like fools for agreeing to the no Sundays clause.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Perrett will be better utilised on the wing. He's experience on the edges was missing last night and I'd keep him there with Stanley whilst Hoppa is out. Holland to the back.

Origin is a different story. If JMoz is out I don't know what we do to be honest. Is Hoppa missing any of the pre-origin games? Or will he be available for all of those?

As good as Hoppa has been at fullback I'd still be keen to throw BMoz straight back there. He just has the best running game in our squad.
Hoppa shits all over Brett as a fb, Brett doesn't even come close to him. Brett also can't even physically handle the fb role, failed at the dragons and has now failed 2 straight seasons at the dogs.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What would Perrett have changed? Phillips was quiet, but the ball went his way.. Twice?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Phillips getting a call up this week suggests he may well slot in at fullback.

1. Phillips
2. Rona
3. JMoz
4. Holland
5. Perrett/Stanley

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Tedeaco fractured his scapula..or something along those lines. He won't be playing.
Thank fuck for that! Maybe our win loss trend will continue for this game at least lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.