News SMITH TO STAY AT STORM??

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
not really the roosters have that much depth they could field another quality first grade squad!
How much of that depth would actually perform with us? None. That's the difference between well coached sides and poorly coached ones.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For all those p!ssing on about Pay getting better results from a less talented roster. The truth is the game was very much different back then, no 6 again oztag modball Rugba Leeg bullsh!t.
I don't see any difference results wise. Most of these players have been here for three years and haven't achieved anything.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
For all those p!ssing on about Pay getting better results from a less talented roster. The truth is the game was very much different back then, no 6 again oztag modball Rugba Leeg bullsh!t.
The game IS different but I was referring to the attitude from the players. Last year they were and could be seen to be having a dig, this year playing is an inconvenience and I see very little heart. Last year we had respect from those around the game, this year we're a charity case. Our team have no pride and I have no pride in them. I'm not defending Pay but all I ask is they give it a crack, these c#nts sniff arse crack.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Exactly, with these new rules, the best teams are even better, and the ordinary teams even more ordinary, you can be without the ball for over 10minutes at a time, and the points get pilled on and the lesser teams can’t keep up anymore, then we get these blowout score lines, Vlandys is going to kill this game if he keeps going

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So who are we willing to swap. Bellyache has said “At the end of the day, Brandon will be staying with us unless we get a good replacement for him from whatever club wants him.
Oh after last night he could take his pick and I wouldn't be concerned.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wasn't the messiah, he was just a very injured boy!
When he was on the field he was our best player. Having an experienced half on the field does wonders. I clearly said “when he was on the field”.

Even this year I say we could have had 2-3 more wins if we had an experienced half to close out games

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
When he was on the field he was our best player. Having an experienced half on the field does wonders. I clearly said “when he was on the field”.

Even this year I say we could have had 2-3 more wins if we had an experienced half to close out games
Yeah well I was just manipulating a Monty Python quote but that aside none of that changes the attitude that the players are showing game day. There was atleast 2 games so far (Bronc's and yesterday) that should have been wins even with the team we have.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the new rules game results are not only predictable, but score spreads and margins can easily be manipulated which means that the only winners are the betting agencies..... Oh that's right V'Landys "mates".... I can see where this is heading.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fcuk Smith and Fcuk the Storm and their fukn drama.... Plenty to choose from out there.

Surely we can grab a hooker like Cotter/Verills or the likes for half the price with miles less drama.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep there wasnt as many blow out scores with other teams so yes agreed.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t believe Robinson would be the coach he is if he didn’t have that huge salary cap to work with.
Just have t look at Paul Green at NQ ,had some great players and the following year nothing.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t believe Robinson would be the coach he is if he didn’t have that huge salary cap to work with.
Certainly helps - but he is still a very good coach - players improve with him.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The more I think about it we must make a play for Josh Hodgson. He is clearly out of favour at the Raiders and came on as a running forward for them today. Before he done his ACL he was second beat hooker in the game. He has had a few bad injuries but it may end up prolonging his career. He would take so much pressure off our halves.
Think Connor Watson is a better option.