News SMITH TO STAY AT STORM??

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Melbourne can have anyone they want. But if they want Thompson or Topine, I’d be telling them to get fucked. We’ve given them Reimis Smith early. Gave them Finucane early. Fuck em. The dogs couldn’t even give us JAC early.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not Avo.

Just think like for like player and the positions that Cheese can cover.
Please not Katoa.

If Barrett lets Katoa go next year, he should be sacked.

He’s been our best on field every time he plays. Would easily make the starting 17 at any other club.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's ok if stays in Melbourne. Just get Mitch Kenny instead and concerate on getting a halfback to partner Burton.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I prefer to get hogdson for two years. He just the type of smart hooker with vision that we need. The $ we save spend on a gun forward. Have a few years to find or develop a replacement.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smith is off contract next year so if they want Topine they can have him for 1 year...providing he comes back to us in 23. Not sure if the Storm would agree to it but if it's for 1 year that would be a good deal

Why does every friggin key signing we have to make drag on and on and on....Burton, JAC and now Smith. It always looks like a done deal at the start and then we have to go through months and months of these BS articles where it looks like the deal is off.

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Smith is off contract next year so if they want Topine they can have him for 1 year...providing he comes back to us in 23. Not sure if the Storm would agree to it but if it's for 1 year that would be a good deal

Why does every friggin key signing we have to make drag on and on and on....Burton, JAC and now Smith. It always looks like a done deal at the start and then we have to go through months and months of these BS articles where it looks like the deal is off.
i agree mate, i guess a lot of moving parts have to be put together but i prefer to call it el maximum fuck around syndrome and we arent fucking patient!! you *****!!! lol

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Bellamy wants a like for like i.e. someone that covers the same positions in 13 and 9, then I'd think that would be Topine.
I saw a likeness of a young Jackson and Finucane in this Topine kid. I'd hate for bellamy outsmarting us on this one.
Our club has to stand firm and if we have to swap I'd only offer Stimson, Waddel or Britt of the contracted players.
Honestly Stimson played well under bellamy. He can push to be swapped as he could find a way to ressurect his career.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I saw a likeness of a young Jackson and Finucane in this Topine kid. I'd hate for bellamy outsmarting us on this one.
Our club has to stand firm and if we have to swap I'd only offer Stimson, Waddel or Britt of the contracted players.
Honestly Stimson played well under bellamy. He can push to be swapped as he could find a way to ressurect his career.
Going to have to better cattle offered than those three i'd suggest, agree not Topine or Thompson(dont think he would want Thommo anyway blessed with beasts of props already)i would go Elliott, RFM(too many injuries), Atoni but most reluctantly him there maybe the 3 he could like but i read the Storm did say its like for like from any club he will be released? Smoothy looks like he goes ok too so it may not have to be a guy who can play 9?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saint Sinner Shoosh

BULLDOGS BLOW: SMITH TO STAY AT STORM
Storm powerhouse Brandon Smith is set to turn his back on Canterbury in a crushing blow to coach Trent Barrett’s rebuild plans at Belmore.

Barrett flew to Melbourne two weeks ago to try to convince Smith to join Storm teammate Josh Addo-Carr at the Bulldogs from next year.
Our mail is Smith is now more than likely to stay at Storm for another year and wait to test his value when a second Brisbane team joins the competition in 2023. As a marquee player he would attract offers of more than $800,000-a-season on the open market.
This article is a scare tactic that Buzz wants to share with any future player wanting to sign with us.

For example, I think he has wind that Rudolf is considering coming to us and Buzz being a Sharks supporter doesn't want to see that happen so the best he can come up with is show such players like Rudolf that because of how we are going this year and also previously calling us a basket case players of Smith's calibre don't want to play for us which Buzz hopes is a turn off for Rudolf giving the Sharks a better chance to keep him....sly dog!!