News SMITH TO STAY AT STORM??

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree but really only because we have him signed until 2023 at 750k each year, I don't think he'll be worth that in 2023.
Lol.....
Jackson’s worth on the open market now wouldn’t see clubs beating down his door for $400k

He did a very good deal for himself when he signed that one. He hasn’t been near that valuation for 4-5 years.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol.....
Jackson’s worth on the open market now wouldn’t see clubs beating down his door for $400k

He did a very good deal for himself when he signed that one. He hasn’t been near that valuation for 4-5 years.
And thats precisely why you dont sign players for more than 2 years....especially at the back end of their careers

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This article is a scare tactic that Buzz wants to share with any future player wanting to sign with us.

For example, I think he has wind that Rudolf is considering coming to us and Buzz being a Sharks supporter doesn't want to see that happen so the best he can come up with is show such players like Rudolf that because of how we are going this year and also previously calling us a basket case players of Smith's calibre don't want to play for us which Buzz hopes is a turn off for Rudolf giving the Sharks a better chance to keep him....sly dog!!

I agree with you here. I heard Kent a few months ago allude to something similar. He said something along the lines of, if players keep seeing reports of players not signing with clubs it makes that club look undesirable. This gave me no doubt that journalists with agendas against our club, throw bogus signing rumor out to make us look like an undesirable club.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually don’t mind what ‘Twin Turbo’ has to say most of the time. He is also one of the only members who can spell and who punctuates correctly. However, I do remember him having a go at me for suggesting Josh Jackson should be signed on or around the 350-450k absolute max. To me, he’s barely worth 350k from an on-field performance perspective.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I actually don’t mind what ‘Twin Turbo’ has to say most of the time. He is also one of the only members who can spell and who punctuates correctly. However, I do remember him having a go at me for suggesting Josh Jackson should be signed on or around the 350-450k absolute max. To me, he’s barely worth 350k from an on-field performance perspective.
Wats rong wif my ingrish?