Official Smith facing suspension

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs centre Reimis Smith is facing suspension after being handed a dangerous contact charge following a review of Monday's match against St George Illawarra.

Smith has been hit with a Grade One charge for contact to the head/neck of Dragons winger Mikaele Ravalawa.

Due to having 30 carry-over points, he is facing a one-week suspension with either an early guilty plea or an unsuccessful trip to the judiciary.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2020/06/09/smith-facing-suspension/

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Doesn't matter roosters will destroy us anyways, cop the suspension and play on.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not surprised. It was a stupid thing that shouldn't have happened.

He deserves a week

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guess Holland goes into centre with Wakeham on the bench.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair punishment, silly antics.

Roosters have us covered anyway. As long as we don’t get smashed 50-0 It’s a win lol.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
At the risk of repeating myself, again, 1 week Looks likely, based on the numbers;
100 Base Charge
Less 25 Points Early Guilty Plea
Plus 20% Similar Offence last 2 years
Plus 30 Carry Over Points
Total 120 Points

The problem is if he fight it and loses it looks like 150 + 20% + 30 = 210 points which is 2 matches.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
At the risk of repeating myself, again, 1 week Looks likely, based on the numbers;
100 Base Charge
Less 25 Points Early Guilty Plea
Plus 20% Similar Offence last 2 years
Plus 30 Carry Over Points
Total 120 Points

The problem is if he fight it and loses it looks like 150 + 20% + 30 = 210 points which is 2 matches.

Go Dogs
I can't see how he could fight it anyway the footage is pretty clear that he kneed him. Take the week and move on.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't see how he could fight it anyway the footage is pretty clear that he kneed him. Take the week and move on.
I think he should take the early guilty plea and sit out the week.

But seriously does anyone really think that it was truly "Dangerous contact - Head/neck"? He didn't "knee" him which implies some velocity with a cocked knee, all he did was push him away with his upper leg. Much the same as his supposed "head butt" which again was a push with his head, not "head butting" in the Liverpool Kiss sense of the word.

Of course he's an idiot for doing it, but the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

Go Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

But seriously does anyone really think that it was truly "Dangerous contact - Head/neck"? He didn't "knee" him which implies some velocity with a cocked knee, all he did was push him away with his upper leg. Much the same as his supposed "head butt" which again was a push with his head, not "head butting" in the Liverpool Kiss sense of the word.

Go Dogs
The contact to the face during the Raiders/knights melee was more "dangerous" lol

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was reacting to a slap/swing at his face from the St George winger, but you can't do that. He has it in his game, remember the headbutt he did on the Parra winger (Sivo?), it was a nothing action, but you can't do it. Given all the legal ways you can bash a bloke in RL, its a stupid thing to have in your game.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Guess Holland goes into centre with Wakeham on the bench.
Or Avo to centre, Holland wing and Katoa or Wakehan getting a run? Won't happen but....

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Remis kneed the dragons player because the dragons player threw a left jab at remis, i cant believe no one has seen that.
Yeah saw that. I don't know why he was punching him though. But he still shouldn't have kneed him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Go Dogs
He wouldn't have received a suspension for either of those incidents on their own though. He will cop at least a week for even a minor offence moving forward because of the loading.