Smith, Cronk, Slater and salarycap

What proportion of Storm Salary cap goes to Smith, Slater and Cronk?

• 50%

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • 60%

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • 70%

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 80%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • they are still cheating the cap

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just after hearing about Todd Carney signing for $ 650,000 for sharks i wondered if Todd , who is not even world top 10 best players list can be on $ 650,000, what proportion of Storm salary cap Smith, Cronk and Slater would be chewing up???

Considering they have been easily making the worlds top 10 players list for last few years if not worlds top 5.

If Salary cap is around $ 4.8 Million, what do you think how much out of this 4.8 million these magnificent 3 would be taking away????

25%, 50% or 75%??????

Stanna man

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You can see they will start to lose the bigger name players in a year or two if they keep the big 3..
Widdop is gone and I'm sure they will lose and need to start re building ..
thwy would have to be on $2.1m combined a year ..

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
They always shed the players just outside of the top 3.

They just buy cheaper people who do their job and the big three make the magic happen.

I wonder how long the big three will play for? They won't be outside the top teams until they are gone.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
what ever they are doing it is working for them perfectly.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
just watched copper cronk score that try after passing a beautiful pass to mat scott.... how good are these 3 players.

No one year wonders, playing consistent top class footy, Year after year after year after year.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If they didn't cheat the cap they wouldn't of signed the 3 of them

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's amazing how they are always playing too.

These three NEVER seem to be injured.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No surely lesson learned and i dont think that will happen again. They build their team around those 3.even of they had to pay there forwards $100k they probably would

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's amazing how they are always playing too.

These three NEVER seem to be injured.
If any of the 3 are out the Storm are useless. Last year when Slater was injured they lost all their games. 2008 grand final. No Cameron Smith and they got pumped 40-0.

doggie-style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Once these three retire melbourne will relocate or fold after a couple wooden spoons

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Once these three retire melbourne will relocate or fold after a couple wooden spoons
they will drop out of the top 2 for a little while, but systems are in place at the club where young guys keep coming through. while bellamy is there they will always make the finals

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
they will drop out of the top 2 for a little while, but systems are in place at the club where young guys keep coming through. while bellamy is there they will always make the finals
Disagree. Slater, Cronk and Smith are arguably the best 1, 7 and 9 in the competition. Slater and Smith are close to the best 1 and 9 of all time. These players are impossible to replace or replicate. Won't happen for a long time. Bellamy will also struggle as a coach when they retire. Just look how lots he and the team were when slater was injured last year.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bellamy has already stated his most recent contract, would be his last.
Bellamy, Cronk, slater and smith will all retire within a couple of years of each other, then it won't matter how many young guys are coming through, you will be screwed.
You're delusional if you think the storm will be in the competition (in Melbourne, at least) in 10 years.

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bellamy has already stated his most recent contract, would be his last.
Bellamy, Cronk, slater and smith will all retire within a couple of years of each other, then it won't matter how many young guys are coming through, you will be screwed.
You're delusional if you think the storm will be in the competition (in Melbourne, at least) in 10 years.
that has to be the stupidest comment of the week

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the storm do have a lot of the salary cap tied up with the big 3 players, but you can hardly question the salary cap as Harvey norman vouchers and speed boats are not included

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
the storm do have a lot of the salary cap tied up with the big 3 players, but you can hardly question the salary cap as Harvey norman vouchers and speed boats are not included
lol

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
that has to be the stupidest comment of the week
I see you didn't make an argument against it though. Just because you're a fan and don't want to see it happen doesn't mean it won't.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I really see the storm going down hill after the big 3 or I see them spending big to fill those 3 positions up with all that money.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disagree. Slater, Cronk and Smith are arguably the best 1, 7 and 9 in the competition. Slater and Smith are close to the best 1 and 9 of all time. These players are impossible to replace or replicate. Won't happen for a long time. Bellamy will also struggle as a coach when they retire. Just look how lots he and the team were when slater was injured last year.
Couldn't agree more. I can certainly see Bad Billy's thinking of melbourne struggling to make ends meet, i really doubt the NRL would ever allow them to fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.