News (SMH) Barrett to become Bulldogs coach in three-year deal

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably should have made the grand final that year too. Watched the replay earlier this year of that game - had Patten not came off in the first minute, we easily win that.

What makes it worse is we beat Storm that year with ease, so the grand final would have been interesting.

Anyway, thats the past. Agree with you - better coach, just hope that we use this cap space wisely and bring in the right players. I am sure Barrett is going to address the hooker and half spot as a matter of urgency which pretty much fixes 80% of our issues lol
Also Goodwin had to go off after what looked like deliberate knees from Hayne.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hopefully he isn't considering a cowboys or broncos head coaching gig.
The suspense is killing me.
Hopefully cotric waiting for trent to sign before signing

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm also worried if he cuts players that some of the ones staying might get alittle salty seeing their mates go and etc, better the temp staff cut the shit so they can't build some satly feelings towards them too as they are only only temp
This is an important point and I feel you won't get the credit for it. Even if unlikely this safeguards it.

we MUST retain Holland though.

Malla

Reaction score
Also Goodwin had to go off after what looked like deliberate knees from Hayne.
Yeah forgot that
I remember Hannant being Moimoi’s dad that night as well. Put him in his ass almost every run.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably should have made the grand final that year too. Watched the replay earlier this year of that game - had Patten not came off in the first minute, we easily win that.

What makes it worse is we beat Storm that year with ease, so the grand final would have been interesting.

Anyway, thats the past. Agree with you - better coach, just hope that we use this cap space wisely and bring in the right players. I am sure Barrett is going to address the hooker and half spot as a matter of urgency which pretty much fixes 80% of our issues lol
Agree. I haven't watched the game in years but I blame Andrew Ryan for that 2009 PF loss. I remember right after half time we were leading and we were camped in Parra's 20 and Eric Gorthe Jr had come off his wing leaving El Masri unmarked but Ryan decided to be a hero and put a grubber kick in instead of giving to Roberts who was outside him. The kick was OK but Mortimer managed to recover the kick. If he gives it to Roberts, El Masri scores and we extend our lead and that would have been the match right there. We would have won the comp that year - just like 2006. Fucking prelim finals
I cant remember what I ate for breakfast today but I remember a fucking incident from a game from 11 years ago. Go figure.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. I haven't watched the game in years but I blame Andrew Ryan for that 2009 PF loss. I remember right after half time we were leading and we were camped in Parra's 20 and Eric Gorthe Jr had come off his wing leaving El Masri unmarked but Ryan decided to be a hero and put a grubber kick in instead of giving to Roberts who was outside him. The kick was OK but Mortimer managed to recover the kick. If he gives it to Roberts, El Masri scores and we extend our lead and that would have been the match right there. We would have won the comp that year - just like 2006. Fucking prelim finals
I cant remember what I ate for breakfast today but I remember a fucking incident from a game from 11 years ago. Go figure.
I don't remember much of that match but Bobcat did save us in the 04 GF on the last play of the match. A chooks player broke the line and would have scored on the buzzer if not for Ryan's cover tackle.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett's job starts the minute he signs the contract, he needs to be on to the recruitment 7 days a week 16 hours a day. Then the other 8 hours a day he can spend working with the current squad deciding who he wants to keep in the 30 and who to move on. Forget about sleep, there's no time for it. There are players whose contracts need to be renewed, players who need to be told to find somewhere else and players who need to be told that they are wanted and that their contracts are still valid. He needs to recruit at least one assistant coach if not 2 and decide who he wants to keep from the remainder of the football department, then recruit who he wants to replace the ones that he wants to let go. There's a farkin shit load of work to do before preseason starts, whenever that is. Far too much work to do part time while he is still working at Penrith, especially when it comes to finals campaign time. We can't afford to wait until Penrith finishes playing finals football, that's just stupid and would set us back a year.

The instant you sign your name on the contract you are the Bulldogs coach, get the farking hell on with it.

Go Dogs
The contract start date would be after the end of this year's GF. The day Baz signs there will be stuff happening behind the scenes regarding retention and recruitment. They are not silly enough to publicly advertise it for the world to see. Baz will be fine tuning and experimenting with his attacking formations with Penrith as they go deep this year. Some will work some wont. Some will only work under certain conditions or opponents. That's for him to work out and refine. What he has learnt and created at Penrith should only be disclosed to dogs players who will be with us for the long term and not for the crap players we have this year that will be moved on soon anyway. Let Penrith be his guinea pigs and we will benefit from it next year onwards. This year is a write off for the Dogs and it's for Georgallis to demonstrate why he should be retained next year as assistant because so far this year he has no case. Any competent incoming coach would already have a good idea on who to retain or let go of from the matches we've played this year and last year.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tyrone Peachey ffs
I get the lols trust me haha
But he probs would be a good fill in between centre second row and 5/8 for us over the past 2.5years if he were on deck with us

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully he isn't considering a cowboys or broncos head coaching gig.
The suspense is killing me.
Hopefully cotric waiting for trent to sign before signing
Green is a done deal at the broncs