Smashed iPhone 7 plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Realist90

Does anyone know if there's be a chance apple would replace my smashed iPhone 7 plus courtesy of a 40kg dumbbell lol. Anyone know a good argument or false story in order to get a replacement as I'm still in the warranty stage.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
40 kgs dumbell?

thats feather weight bro. lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Tell them you read a Constance Hall / Clemetine Ford blog and destroyed your phone in anger. I'd give you a new one based on that.

If you have household insurance you might be able to claim if you have portable contents cover with accidental damage (I do).

Else, given it's a smashed iphone they can probably tell it's an accident and refuse warranty.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's be a chance apple would replace my smashed iPhone 7 plus courtesy of a 40kg dumbbell lol. Anyone know a good argument or false story in order to get a replacement as I'm still in the warranty stage.
If you smash it on Des head, I will pay for it

R

Realist90

Tell them you read a Constance Hall / Clemetine Ford blog and destroyed your phone in anger. I'd give you a new one based on that.

If you have household insurance you might be able to claim if you have portable contents cover with accidental damage (I do).

Else, given it's a smashed iphone they can probably tell it's an accident and refuse warranty.
What's this household insurance thing? I'm sure I have it but how would I claim?

ASSASSIN

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You're Leb aren't You? Just pit in a false police report and say it was stolen lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You're Leb aren't You? Just pit in a false police report and say it was stolen lol

I was about to say something similar.

like, get it insured now, tell them it is in perfect condition and call them tomorrow that you broke it...do it leb style

R

Realist90

I was about to say something similar.

like, get it insured now, tell them it is in perfect condition and call them tomorrow that you broke it...do it leb style
I did not think of that. Would that actually work lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What's this household insurance thing? I'm sure I have it but how would I claim?
We've got household contents insurance via AAMI which also has portable contents cover (including accidental damage cover).

Took it out for my camera gear mainly, but could possibly apply for a phone.

Then again the excess + insurance may well be higher than it is worth to buy a new phone!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You can probably just repair it.
iPhones are tougher than most think.
I dropped mine 9m, down a stairwell, hit 2 handrails and exploded on impact.
It was hammered. I assumed it was gone. I took it to a repairer, he changed the screen and it worked perfectly. All the electronics are solid state so are pretty durable. It's a little bent, but otherwise, works perfectly.
$150.

R

Realist90

You can probably just repair it.
iPhones are tougher than most think.
I dropped mine 9m, down a stairwell, hit 2 handrails and exploded on impact.
It was hammered. I assumed it was gone. I took it to a repairer, he changed the screen and it worked perfectly. All the electronics are solid state so are pretty durable. It's a little bent, but otherwise, works perfectly.
$150.
Na bro I showed a mate that works at Apple Store, he goes yeah we can't repair that lol it's structurally bent and everything and won't turn on. He said they can't bend that back into place or something and only other option really is to pay $500 for a replacement, or Telstra said they'd waive the remainder of my contract but have to pay for the device what's left on it and sign up to a new contract lol

Status
Not open for further replies.